The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flowergirl15
i got 5.4,4.2 and 3.5A for imperial. a bit worried if it's too risky?!

You are a whole point ahead of the interview cut off for last year. It's very likely that you'll get an interview.
Original post by andreasz
You are a whole point ahead of the interview cut off for last year. It's very likely that you'll get an interview.

on uniadmissions it said last year imperial cut off was 4.2 in s2 so now i am confused as to what is correct. the imperial webiste or uni admissions website. i wasn't sure if the 3.5 included WP because i have none of that
Original post by flowergirl15
on uniadmissions it said last year imperial cut off was 4.2 in s2 so now i am confused as to what is correct. the imperial webiste or uni admissions website. i wasn't sure if the 3.5 included WP because i have none of that

4.2 was for the year before that, 3.5 was for 2019 entry
What do people think of 6.5 in section 1, 7.0 in section 2 and 3.5C in section 3?
Am I doomed because of my C?
so honestly im not that happy with my BMAT i got s1 5.7, s2 4.4 and s3 3A. I feel like S2 is quite low but do you think its still worth applying?? :frown:
5.4 s1, 5.1 S2 and 3A. Should I apply to Imperial or not?
Original post by SanityGone
Hi,

i literally just used medify. It was so helpful doing the timed tests.

I did change my mind and not apply to Bristol in the end. I went to the imperial open day with a friend and loved it, so decided to take a gamble and sit the BMAT. I did better than I thought and got an interview then an offer (A*AA). I had an offer for Sheffield, Nottingham offered me Lincoln and kings put me on a waiting list. I firmed imperial, insured Sheffield, withdrew from Nottingham as I didn’t want to go to Lincoln, and withdrew from kings - I wanted to make my decisions so I could get on with revision.

On results day I got A*A*A* and I’m packing for imperial 😊

What did u get on Ur bmat?
Original post by 2020student
What did u get on Ur bmat?

My stats were
GCSE 6A*, 3A, 2B
A level predicted 3A*, 1A
UKCAT 720 band 1
BMAT 5.8/6.4/4A

ion got 4 interviews and 3 offers.

A level results 3xA* (I dropped my 4th)
Move into halls at Imperial tomorrow 😎
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by SanityGone
My stats were
GCSE 6A*, 3A, 2B
A level predicted 3A*, 1A
UKCAT 720 band 1
BMAT 5.8/6.4/4A

i got offers from imperial, Nottingham, Sheffield and kings. Offers fro. Imperial Sheffield and Nottingham, waitlisted for kings. Decided to withdraw from kings as I was happy with what I had and they were taking forever

A level results 3xA* (I dropped my 4th)
Move into halls at Imperial tomorrow 😎

Thats amazing!!!
I've recently got my bmat back, I got 5.4, 5.1 and 3A, is that good enough for imperial?
Original post by 2020student
Thats amazing!!!
I've recently got my bmat back, I got 5.4, 5.1 and 3A, is that good enough for imperial?

Yes
Reply 50
Original post by laloon
Yes

do they interview everyone who gets higher than the cut-off?
Reply 51
Original post by laloon
Yes

Original post by Meduser
4.2 was for the year before that, 3.5 was for 2019 entry
Original post by c.ozzi

Practically yes as long as they dont fall below any one of them and everything else is good.

Just last application cycle they introduced this additional rule as well where s1 + s2 must be at least some value to go through the interview stage.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by laloon
Practically yes as long as they dont fall below any one of them and everything else is good.

Just last application cycle they introduced this additional rule as well where s1 + s2 must be at least some value to go through the interview stage.

Thank you!
did everyone get a confirmation email from Imperial after submitting their UCAS application? I submitted mine on 10th Oct and haven't received any email from Imperial yet...
Hi yes, I paid and sent for it to UCAS on Oct 9th at 12:30, it was officially sent off by school at 7:45 the next morning (10th Oct) - and I received confirmation from Imperial at 08:29 on Oct 11th.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by andreasz

So if you get (for example) 5.0, 5.0 and 3A, do you have a strong chance for an interview at Imperial? And from interview, do they consider your BMAT score, or is that only considered (along with UCAS application) to get an interview? What score would you say is solid for an interview?
Reply 57
Original post by UrbanIncentive
Hi yes, I paid and sent for it to UCAS on Oct 9th at 12:30, it was officially sent off by school at 7:45 the next morning (10th Oct) - and I received confirmation from Imperial at 08:29 on Oct 11th.

Hope this helps :smile:

Wow. I sent mine on 10th October, and it was officially approved by my school on 11th October and still haven't got an acknowledgement for Imperial :/.
But if you sent in your application earlier (like a week before the deadline), would that make your application easier- would they consider you first for an interview, or would they wait for all applications to be sent it ?

Edit: Wait did you sit the August BMAT? Maybe that's why they acknowledged you already.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by puravi
did everyone get a confirmation email from Imperial after submitting their UCAS application? I submitted mine on 10th Oct and haven't received any email from Imperial yet...

Yh me too :/

Edit: Yh I just realised, some people may have got their application acknowledged by Imperial because they probably did the August BMAT sitting.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 59
For anyone who has submitted their application already and have seen UCAS Track, is their personal statement in one big chunk? Or does your personal statement have distinct lines in between to show paragraphs? My personal statement was clearly in different paragraphs and now that I check Track, it's all in one big chunk. Would that put me at a significant disadvantage when they are considering my application?