The Student Room Group

Sky Graduate Scheme 2020

Anyone applied to the Sky Graduate Scheme 2020? How did you find the test?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by canttouchthis
Anyone applied to the Sky Graduate Scheme 2020? How did you find the test?

I applied to Sky's data and analytics graduate scheme and did the situational judgement test, I thought it wasn't too bad.
Original post by Bookler_Natsu
I applied to Sky's data and analytics graduate scheme and did the situational judgement test, I thought it wasn't too bad.

Same! I got invited to a video assessment today. I have no idea what to expect though, I think this may be the first year they have done them
Same! I got invited to a video assessment today. I have no idea what to expect though, I think this may be the first year they have done them

I got the video assessment as well, I wish they gave us a longer time to prepare. How are you going to go about preparing for the assessment?
I’m not sure tbh, I think it will be one of those ones you can’t prepare for unfortunately
I have the video assessment too, have a feeling that it could be a similar format to the first just your answers are in a more free form and in video form of course
I’m worried that it’s going to be like a one way video interview, even though they call it an assessment :frown: and I can’t find any resources online regarding this video assessment
I just got the invitation to the video assessment. Has anyone completed it? What should we expect?
Original post by MrMusician95
I just got the invitation to the video assessment. Has anyone completed it? What should we expect?

Just did it. It's like the first assessment in the sense that they have some situational questions and you rank your responses. There were 2 or 3 questions where you had to record your response and they'd give you 2 minute prepare your answer and 2 minutes to record it. And I had one where I had to type out a response.

It's structured similar to the first assessment as well in the sense that it has different tiles with different information.
Original post by That__guy__bob
Just did it. It's like the first assessment in the sense that they have some situational questions and you rank your responses. There were 2 or 3 questions where you had to record your response and they'd give you 2 minute prepare your answer and 2 minutes to record it. And I had one where I had to type out a response.

It's structured similar to the first assessment as well in the sense that it has different tiles with different information.

Thank you mate. Where there any numerical questions?
Were the video questions more like why do you want to work at sky etc or based on a case study or situation?
Thank you mate. Where there any numerical questions?

No not for the data and analytics programme
Were the video questions more like why do you want to work at sky etc or based on a case study or situation?

Based on a case study. Sometimes it will be like before where they give you some information in the form of an email or a phone call or a video of someone talking to you
D̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶3̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶!̶

Apparently it's a guide
(edited 4 years ago)
Don't forget you have 3 days to do it as well!

Three days isn't the deadline, but it's basically to give you the best chance of an assessment centre.
Three days isn't the deadline, but it's basically to give you the best chance of an assessment centre.

Well ****. I rushed it because the email went to my spam and didn't see it till this morning lol. I'll delete the message then, thanks!
Well ****. I rushed it because the email went to my spam and didn't see it till this morning lol. I'll delete the message then, thanks!

Yeah, same. Mine went into spam so I've only got today to do it if I want to do it within three days, like they advise. Not sure why our inboxes don't like the sky early careers team!
Yeah, same. Mine went into spam so I've only got today to do it if I want to do it within three days, like they advise. Not sure why our inboxes don't like the sky early careers team!

Hahaha same mine goes into spam. Going to do mine at some point today

I'd say to just do it as the structure isn't that bad. Also you can't/don't really need to prepare for it as the questions aren't like "Describe yourself".

Also if it gets sent to Gmail then you can filter it to send it to your primary inbox
Hahaha same mine goes into spam. Going to do mine at some point today

Good luck! If you use gmail then you can filter it so it sends the email to your primary inbox. I've just done it now so i don't miss future emails. i only found out because I checked my application on the website not the email

Quick Reply

Latest