The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London (KCL) ~ Undergraduate Applicants for 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I messed up and got BCDD at As levels, B in maths, C in further maths, and D in chemistry and physics. But my school is predicting me AAB-ABB which i feel like i can achieve with a lot of hard work. The course i would love to do at kings requires AAB. Do you think i should apply or is there absolutely no chance??

I think that is definitely achievable. You can apply to 5 universities so why not give it a go!

Good luck!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Does KCL send application acknowledgement email?
Yes they do send acknowledgement emails as I know from previous experience of applying
Yes they do send acknowledgement emails as I know from previous experience of applying

OK thanks :smile:
I'm applying to King's to study History. I am currently studying History, Government and Politics and English language at A level and am predicted AAA. I also have strong teacher references and a strong personal statement (according to my teachers). However, during GCSEs I had some health problems which made me miss a significant amount of school days (school was considering holding me back a year) and this had some adverse effects on my grades as I only achieved 3 grade 5s (C), 2 grade 6s (B), 2 grade 7s (A) and a grade 4 in Maths (C-?). I stupidly didn't re-sit and I feel as if I won't be accepted due to these GCSEs. Is it worth applying?
Original post by OliverJLondon
I'm applying to King's to study History. I am currently studying History, Government and Politics and English language at A level and am predicted AAA. I also have strong teacher references and a strong personal statement (according to my teachers). However, during GCSEs I had some health problems which made me miss a significant amount of school days (school was considering holding me back a year) and this had some adverse effects on my grades as I only achieved 3 grade 5s (C), 2 grade 6s (B), 2 grade 7s (A) and a grade 4 in Maths (C-?). I stupidly didn't re-sit and I feel as if I won't be accepted due to these GCSEs. Is it worth applying?

I have very similar GCSE grades to you and also have health problems (I ended up actually going back a year, so I took my GCSEs in 2017 and sixth form has taken me 3yrs)...I’ve been assured by the disability advisors that they will take my circumstances into consideration, so it’s worth talking to someone at kcl about it. I’m applying for English Literature, and I’m currently taking English Lit, English Lang and Media studies at A level with an online school. I’ve already sent in my application...so fingers crossed it all works out!
Hey anyone applying to kings for comp sci?
Im applying with A* maths A physics and B in fm
Original post by 123xyz123
Hey anyone applying to kings for comp sci?
Im applying with A* maths A physics and B in fm

I am considering that. My grades are similar but has A in fm.
Reply 28
Hey guys,
I got 1A* and 3As in my A levels. I want to study economics or finance. Is there any chance KCL will give me a scholarship.. Anyone who could help would be great.
Thank you
Hi, I am currently doing the IB diploma & I am looking to apply to computer science with mangement, I got a B in GCSE math & A* in Econ & I am currently predicted a 36, the requirement on the website shows 35 so is there a good chance I get a conditional offer as the acceptance rate for my course is around 61% ?
I've sent my UCAS off to my choices (including KCL) but I haven't received an acknowledgement email from any of them except Cambridge. . It's been 5 days now. Is this normal?
I applied to Cambridge, Bath, Bristol, UCL and KCL on the 15th of September. My school sent my references on the 20th. I've gotten an email from Bath and Cambridge as well as an offer from Bristol but the rest haven't replied since. Has anyone gotten a response from KCL?
I messed up and got BCDD at As levels, B in maths, C in further maths, and D in chemistry and physics. But my school is predicting me AAB-ABB which i feel like i can achieve with a lot of hard work. The course i would love to do at kings requires AAB. Do you think i should apply or is there absolutely no chance??

go for it! try get some great references and a good personal statement
has anybody that applied heard back from Kings yet? i sent mine off on the 15th and my teachers added my references on the 20th. bristol have given me an offer and i’ve received emails from bath stating that they’re reviewing my application now however the other unis have done so yet.
has anybody that applied heard back from Kings yet? i sent mine off on the 15th and my teachers added my references on the 20th. bristol have given me an offer and i’ve received emails from bath stating that they’re reviewing my application now however the other unis have done so yet.

I got an automated email about King’s apply and how to log on to that? Basically an automated acknowledgement email

*haven't
Original post by Harrietcrossin
I got an automated email about King’s apply and how to log on to that? Basically an automated acknowledgement email

when did you apply? and when did you receive the email?
when did you apply? and when did you receive the email?

I applied on Wednesday (25th) at 12:30 and received the email at 16:34
Original post by Harrietcrossin
I applied on Wednesday (25th) at 12:30 and received the email at 16:34

oh wow okay that’s odd. thank you!
Received UCAS welcome email on 16th Sept. Hasn't received acknowledgement from KCL too....International student.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest