The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

The Official 2020 Newcastle University Applicants Thread

Hi Everyone!

This is the official 2020 thread for Newcastle University applicants.

Have any questions? Post them below!

To get started, why not fill in the below to introduce yourself:

Name:
Predicted grades:
Also applying at:
Currently studying:

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Breeee

Scroll to see replies

Name: Jess
Course: Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry MChem
Predicted grades: A*A*A* but I think I'll get A*AA
Also applying to: Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield, and Liverpool - I just got an offer from Liverpool in fact!
Currently studying: A Level Biology, A Level Chemistry, A Level Sociology
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jessblackburn
Also applying to: Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield, and Liverpool - I just got an offer from Liverpool in fact!

Thats a great course choice there!
Oo liverpool! :wink:
What university are you hoping to go to most out of your choices?
Reply 3
Name: Milly
Course: Psychology
Predicted grades: A1A1A1 (I think it’s equivalent to or worth slightly more UCAS points than A*A*A* at A-level) tho with my previous grades I already meet requirements
Also applying at: Oxford, Edinburgh, Durham, Glasgow
Currently studying: Advanced Higher (basically A-level) maths, physics and chemistry

I should mention I am not 100% sure about Newcastle as I am considering opting for UCL or Manchester however accommodation in London is rather expensive and I like that I’d have a strong chance of an unconditional at Newcastle.

Have any of you been to open days? What is Newcastle like?
Reply 4
Original post by Emiluu
Name: Milly
Course: Psychology
Predicted grades: A1A1A1 (I think it’s equivalent to or worth slightly more UCAS points than A*A*A* at A-level) tho with my previous grades I already meet requirements
Also applying at: Oxford, Edinburgh, Durham, Glasgow
Currently studying: Advanced Higher (basically A-level) maths, physics and chemistry

I should mention I am not 100% sure about Newcastle as I am considering opting for UCL or Manchester however accommodation in London is rather expensive and I like that I’d have a strong chance of an unconditional at Newcastle.

Have any of you been to open days? What is Newcastle like?

Hi milly,

Thats an interesting course choice!

Newcastle is a great city. Are you planning on going to an open day? That would be a brilliant opportunity to take a look around
Reply 5
Original post by Breeee
Hi milly,

Thats an interesting course choice!

Newcastle is a great city. Are you planning on going to an open day? That would be a brilliant opportunity to take a look around

I have been to Newcastle and think the city is lovely which iswhy I have taken an interest in studying there and would like to attend an open day if I am able to so I can get a feel for the course 😊
Name: Abby
Course: English Literature
Predicted grades: A*AA
Also applying to: St Andrew’s, Durham and King’s College London
Currently studying: A level English Literature, A level English Language and A level Media Studies with an online school
Original post by awkwardpenguin22
Name: Abby
Course: English Literature
Predicted grades: A*AA
Also applying to: St Andrew’s, Durham and King’s College London
Currently studying: A level English Literature, A level English Language and A level Media Studies with an online school

Just got a conditional offer from Newcastle!
ABB if it’s my firm or AAB if it’s my insurance
Hi all - just got a conditional offer today! BBB (which is two grades below the standard entry requirements, so I'm chuffed).

Reply 9
Original post by awkwardpenguin22
Just got a conditional offer from Newcastle!
ABB if it’s my firm or AAB if it’s my insurance

Hi all - just got a conditional offer today! BBB (which is two grades below the standard entry requirements, so I'm chuffed).

Congratulations both of you! :h:
Original post by Breeee
Congratulations both of you! :h:

ah thanks!!
Name: Aaron
Course: Chemical engineering Meng
Predicted grades: AAB
Also applying at: Edinburgh, Belfast, Surrey, Aberdeen
Currently studying: Maths, Chemistry, Biology

:smile:
Name: Sara
Course: Politics and History
Predicted grades: A*A*A
Also applying to: Oxford, Manchester, Edinburgh, LSE
Currently studying: Chemistry, History, and Politics

I just got an offer from Newcastle for BBB! Does anyone know how I can check if this is their complete offer, or if it’ll be BBB only if I firm it?
Name: Matt
Course: Mathematics with Finance
Predicted grades: 43 IB points (6 in maths HL and 7 in chemistry and physics HL)
Also applying at: Glasgow, Strathclyde, Manchester and Heriot-Watt
Currently studying: HL: maths, physics and chemistry SL: economics, English lang lit and Spanish
P.S: I've received an offer on Monday! I am flabbergasted by their speed
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 14
Just got an offer for Biomedical Sciences! It’s AAB including Biology and Chemistry and ABB if I accept them as my firm :smile:
Original post by KevTheDino
Name: Sara
Course: Politics and History
Predicted grades: A*A*A
Also applying to: Oxford, Manchester, Edinburgh, LSE
Currently studying: Chemistry, History, and Politics

I just got an offer from Newcastle for BBB! Does anyone know how I can check if this is their complete offer, or if it’ll be BBB only if I firm it?

if you click "view letters" on your offer it'll have more details :smile:
Name: utkarshCountry:india , Course:Bsc in Mathematics and computer science/Bsc Mathematics (from Newcastle) Predicted grades: 96.3%ISC which is equivalent to ,i assume A*A*A* i have already applied at Bristol,Durham , Newcastle, Glasgow and York ,by now i have received 3 offers which are from Bristol, Newcastle and Glasgow As an international student it is really expensive for me to study in the UK and i anticipate to get a scholarship at Newcastle university and I'm thinking to apply to VCES scholarshipQuestion: Would i be considered for the scholarship on the basis of my predicted grades and if yes then how likely i am to get a scholarship?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Breeee
Hi Everyone!

This is the official 2020 thread for Newcastle University applicants.

Have any questions? Post them below!

To get started, why not fill in the below to introduce yourself:

Name:
Predicted grades:
Also applying at:
Currently studying:

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Breeee

Name: utkarsh
Predicted grades: 96.3%ISC which is equivalent to ,i assume A*A*A*
i have already applied at Bristol,Durham , Newcastle, Glasgow and York ,by now i have received 3 offers which are from Bristol, Newcastle and Glasgow
As an international student it is really expensive for me to study in the UK and i anticipate to get a scholarship at Newcastle university and I'm thinking to apply to VCES scholarship

Question: Would i be considered for the scholarship on the basis of my predicted grades and if yes then how likely i am to get a scholarship?
Reply 18
Original post by Utkarsh 17
Name: utkarsh
Predicted grades: 96.3%ISC which is equivalent to ,i assume A*A*A*
i have already applied at Bristol,Durham , Newcastle, Glasgow and York ,by now i have received 3 offers which are from Bristol, Newcastle and Glasgow
As an international student it is really expensive for me to study in the UK and i anticipate to get a scholarship at Newcastle university and I'm thinking to apply to VCES scholarship

Question: Would i be considered for the scholarship on the basis of my predicted grades and if yes then how likely i am to get a scholarship?

Hi Utkarsh,

Congratulations on your places!

To answer your question, most universities do offer academic scholarships but the rules around who they give them out to differs from university to university. You are best contacting the university to ask them for a definite answer. It may be worth going on their official website and see if there is information around scholarships there too

Bree
Name: Julia
Course: Music
Predicted grades: AB and not sure about the other one yet, either an A or a B but hoping for an A haha
Also applying to: Manchester, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Royal Holloway possibly
Currently studying: Music, Music Tech and Psychology

:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending