The Student Room Group

What artists incorporate the elements and portraiture in their work?

I take GCSE art and my theme is the elements. I'm looking for an artist to research who uses elements and portraiture as I find painting faces easier than just pure landscapes and would like to be able to incorporate that into my final piece
you could do somebody like Agnes Cecile (delicate, drippy watercolour) and incoporate rain/clouds/sun rays into that to develop it into your own work?
similarly, nicoleta vacaru, she's more expressive with her paint styles, you could focus on creating different paintings with different landscapes/elements?
tbh because portraiture is so vast and you can take it into so many different ways, you're probably alright with picking something broader for your first artist and then incorporating the elements part as your own development - depending on your exam board you'll get bags of marks for doing it that way
Original post by charlotte.a.n.n
you could do somebody like Agnes Cecile (delicate, drippy watercolour) and incoporate rain/clouds/sun rays into that to develop it into your own work?
similarly, nicoleta vacaru, she's more expressive with her paint styles, you could focus on creating different paintings with different landscapes/elements?
tbh because portraiture is so vast and you can take it into so many different ways, you're probably alright with picking something broader for your first artist and then incorporating the elements part as your own development - depending on your exam board you'll get bags of marks for doing it that way

I love Agnes Cecile's style and will be researching her for my development :biggrin: I just wanted to make sure I had an artist that incorporated portraiture in my research so that it didn't look like it came from completely left field, thank you for responding!
There is a Van Gogh painting of the gardener at St Remy you may find interesting.
Original post by LeeTheDork
I love Agnes Cecile's style and will be researching her for my development :biggrin: I just wanted to make sure I had an artist that incorporated portraiture in my research so that it didn't look like it came from completely left field, thank you for responding!

ah fair enough! one of my friends used her work and its honestly gorgeous, your take on it with the elements sounds so interesting!
Reply 5
Vincent Van Gogh
Gustav Kilmt
Frida Kahlo
Edvard Munch
Andy Warhol
Paul Gauguin
Original post by charlotte.a.n.n
ah fair enough! one of my friends used her work and its honestly gorgeous, your take on it with the elements sounds so interesting!

Her work is amazing and thank you! I'm trying to incorporate other interpretations of the elements other than the obvious so that I can ensure my final piece is something thoughtful and unique

Quick Reply

Latest