The Student Room Group

magic circle

I'm really scared that my GCSE grades are too low for me to work at any magic circle law firms. Other than my 4 in maths, I've got a range of 5,6,7,8 in my other subjects. I'm aiming for unis such as Kings, Bristol, Brunel, QMUL, University of Law.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by syeda098765
I'm really scared that my GCSE grades are too low for me to work at any magic circle law firms. Other than my 4 in maths, I've got a range of 5,6,7,8 in my other subjects. I'm aiming for unis such as Kings, Bristol, Brunel, QMUL, University of Law.

Irrelevant but that’s a WIDE range of universities. There are ‘better’ insurance choices that require lower grades, like Surrey, Kent, Lancaster, Liverpool.
Original post by dyingstudent101
Irrelevant but that’s a WIDE range of universities. There are ‘better’ insurance choices that require lower grades, like Surrey, Kent, Lancaster, Liverpool.

OP's keen to study in London and only wants to pick one uni outside ....it will all work out ok as long as they don't actually end up at Brunel or Uni of Law
Original post by harrysbar
OP's keen to study in London and only wants to pick one uni outside ....it will all work out ok as long as they don't actually end up at Brunel or Uni of Law

Oh right fair enough. I didn’t know that was the case
Why the f*ck are you applying to King's/Bristol and simultaneously to Brunel/ULaw? That's a pretty tremendous gap... If you're dead-set on London, there are certainly better options than those two.
What are your A-level predictions?
(edited 4 years ago)
Someone's triggered :tongue:
Someone's triggered :tongue:

Indeed.
Hurts me to see people underselling themselves like that.
Original post by HarvestingSeason
Indeed.

There are no good Insurance choices in London :dontknow:
Reply 8
Why the f*ck are you applying to King's/Bristol and simultaneously to Brunel/ULaw? That's a pretty tremendous gap... If you're dead-set on London, there are certainly better options than those two.

Dude I just started year 12 and haven't even done a single exam, Brunel and Law are my insurance school and Kings and Bristol are the top schools I want to go to.
Reply 9

What's so bad about Brunel and ULaw, I went to a Uni fair yesterday and they seemed decent.

I'm guessing from my GCSE grades, there's a very slim chance of me being accepted into Kings. As for Bristol, I qualify for contextual offer so I'm not too stressed about that as long as my parents allow me to go there...
QMUL is one of my choices and as for SOAS I don't like their modules much but as it is more 'reputable' than Brunel and Law I wouldn't mind going
What's so bad about Brunel and ULaw, I went to a Uni fair yesterday and they seemed decent.

You can't tell much from Uni fairs

I must admit I forgot about SOAS, agree it would be a better Insurance than Brunel or ULaw
SOAS is a good insurance, yeah.
Indeed.

What did you mean 'underselling"? Are Brunel and Law that bad?
What did you mean 'underselling"? Are Brunel and Law that bad?

Compared to KCL and Bristol...
Compared to KCL and Bristol...

Of course I know that but they are my insurance school. I don't want to apply to all Russel group unis and then be rejected by them.
Of course I know that but they are my insurance school. I don't want to apply to all Russel group unis and then be rejected by them.

But there are insurance choices that are just much better. I wasn't aware you wanted to stay in London but even still you could do a Joint Honours at QMUL and apply to SOAS. Brunel and UoL are just...

Apply to Brunel if you wish but UoL doesn't have the same kind of university feel. If you don't mind a different experience, go ahead.
But there are insurance choices that are just much better. I wasn't aware you wanted to stay in London but even still you could do a Joint Honours at QMUL and apply to SOAS. Brunel and UoL are just...

Apply to Brunel if you wish but UoL doesn't have the same kind of university feel. If you don't mind a different experience, go ahead.

So Kings, Bristol, Soas, QMUL and Brunel?
You should try and attend some Open Days @syeda098765

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending