The Student Room Group

celibacy till married.

so I'm a 17 year old gay virgin guy that's waiting till marriage to have sex for religious reasons (christian). I would like to know if there are any other celibate till married people of any age, gender or sexual orientation, or people who did wait and are married and wether it was worth it.

Scroll to see replies

Yes, I'm Muslim :smile:
Original post by Arv1nd
Hey there! So I'm a 17 year old gay guy who's celibate. Thing is I'm staunchly religious as well and hence view sex outside of marriage as sinful. However, I can't seem to be able to reconcile being religious and being gay because I think that even within the context of a 'marriage', sex would still be highly undesirable. Don't get me wrong though, I don't think being gay in itself is sinful.

Not gonna lie. I'm not too sure about wether having sex in marriage is sin or not. I do think that we should treat it the same as if a straight couple have sex in marriage because even then most if not all will use protection to prevent having a baby. so I don't see why it is any different.

if that doesn't suffice then I guess you just need to understand that every one sins, it's just they sin differently to you and that's what they're judging despite the fact that were told not to judge others.
(edited 4 years ago)
if that isn't an oxymoron i don't know what is...
You’re waiting for marriage ? Well it isn’t going to be a Christian one is it ..
Original post by Welshvisitor
You’re waiting for marriage ? Well it isn’t going to be a Christian one is it ..

of course it is. why wouldn't it be ?
Original post by WhisperWillow
of course it is. why wouldn't it be ?

Which church allows a sex same marriage ?
Original post by Welshvisitor
Which church allows a sex same marriage ?

I understand that there are many that would be unwilling but I know there are churches that would accept a gay wedding. I can only hope that the church I attend would be comfortable to do my wedding when I'm older but its not something I'm concerned about right now. I know that I will be in the right place when the time comes if it's not the church I am at.
(edited 4 years ago)
It must be hard in this day and age to get someone to marry you who hasn't been intimate with you, but it's no impossible. You're just going to have seek people out who have the same views as you. It's not going to be easy, the person you fall in love with might not want to make the commitment of marriage without having a sexual relationship with you first and u might have to rethink things so keep an open mind but keep your own goal at the forefront and see how things go. You're still so young so lots of time to find the right one
Not gonna lie. I'm not too sure about wether having sex in marriage is sin or not. I do think that we should treat it the same as if a straight couple have sex in marriage because even then most if not all will use protection to prevent having a baby. so I don't see why it is any different.

if that doesn't suffice then I guess you just need to understand that every one sins, it's just they sin differently to you and that's what they're judging despite the fact that were told not to judge others.

I feel like deciding to have gay sex but only in marriage is splitting hairs. The argument you present above seems like it could equally be used to excuse fornication.

For the record, I don't see anything wrong with people of the same gender having sex, or with people having sex before marriage; I don't see any of that as sinful because I don't see who any of it could possibly harm. I'm just pointing out inconsistencies.
I’m gay. Where can I go in Britain?
Original post by Fruits125
It must be hard in this day and age to get someone to marry you who hasn't been intimate with you, but it's no impossible. You're just going to have seek people out who have the same views as you. It's not going to be easy, the person you fall in love with might not want to make the commitment of marriage without having a sexual relationship with you first and u might have to rethink things so keep an open mind but keep your own goal at the forefront and see how things go. You're still so young so lots of time to find the right one

I can imagine it will be. for now I'm not really bothered about being in a relationship. I'm in a place where I want to concentrate on my education and setting the groundwork to a possible future in what I enjoy. I do believe that God will put someone in my life that will not only wait for me but will be supportive of my decision. I don't care if they too have waited or not. I know everything will work out but right now Its not something I'm thinking deeply about. I really appreciate what you're saying, I do and I will keep an open mind. but I'm confident that it will work out. i am young as you said so I do have a lot of time to not worry too deeply about it yet. I'll just let things happen when and as they do.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I feel like deciding to have gay sex but only in marriage is splitting hairs. The argument you present above seems like it could equally be used to excuse fornication.

For the record, I don't see anything wrong with people of the same gender having sex, or with people having sex before marriage; I don't see any of that as sinful because I don't see who any of it could possibly harm. I'm just pointing out inconsistencies.

I'm not gonna lie I don't know. there is nothing in the bible about a homosexual couple where both parties have a loving relationship with God. but in my opinion I can't see why there would be anything wrong.
if two men or women are in a loving marriage and both have a separate and together relationship with God and having sex with one another to please one another and strengthen the relationship. I honestly can't point out a reason why this wouldn't please God.
I don't however want to excuse fornication in any way. but I do believe sex can be so much more than making a child. it can be one of the deepest form of love and affection and trust towards your partner and strengthing a loving relationship between two people.
I can imagine it will be. for now I'm not really bothered about being in a relationship. I'm in a place where I want to concentrate on my education and setting the groundwork to a possible future in what I enjoy. I do believe that God will put someone in my life that will not only wait for me but will be supportive of my decision. I don't care if they too have waited or not. I know everything will work out but right now Its not something I'm thinking deeply about. I really appreciate what you're saying, I do and I will keep an open mind. but I'm confident that it will work out. i am young as you said so I do have a lot of time to not worry too deeply about it yet. I'll just let things happen when and as they do.

You know exactly what you want and I've got lots of respect for you. I like your mindset.
Original post by Fruits125
You know exactly what you want and I've got lots of respect for you. I like your mindset.

thankyou that means a lot. 😁
but I do believe sex can be so much more than making a child. it can be one of the deepest form of love and affection and trust towards your partner and strengthing a loving relationship between two people.

Well, exactly. I don't see what the problem is with doing that before marriage; I don't see who it harms or how it would damage a person's relationship with God.
Well, exactly. I don't see what the problem is with doing that before marriage; I don't see who it harms or how it would damage a person's relationship with God.

God is doesn't hate sex. He designed it to be so intense, so exciting, so memorable, so fun that He wants us to share it with one person: our future wife/husband which is why you wait till marriage. he wants to forgive those who have had sex before marriage and is waiting for them to ask for forgiveness and for then to talk to him. you can be a reclaimed celibate which is where you have had sex before in a more casual manner but now want to wait till marriage till you 100% know that they are the one you want to spend the rest of your life with and that's what marriage is for. a commitment that you'll stay together till death do you part.
He designed it to be so intense, so exciting, so memorable, so fun that He wants us to share it with one person: our future wife/husband which is why you wait till marriage.

How does that follow?
How does that follow?

what are you asking?
what are you asking?

God is doesn't hate sex. He designed it to be so intense, so exciting, so memorable, so fun that He wants us to share it with one person: our future wife/husband which is why you wait till marriage.

Your evidence in the quote above seems to be that God designed sex to be intense, memorable, and fun, and your conclusion is that God wants us to share it only with one person, a partner for life. I don't see how that follows - that is, I don't see how the evidence supports the conclusion.

I also think there's as much Biblical support for the idea that marriage is strictly between a man and a woman, as there is for the idea that sex should be within marriage only. Again, for the record, I don't subscribe to the first idea. But apparently, neither do you. But you DO subscribe to the second idea, although it seems no more plausible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending