The Student Room Group

Cambridge uni maths additional exams

Hi, please can someone help, applying to Cambridge to do maths. Think we have our wires crossed today, which exam do we need to register for the Pre assessment. Also will there be an exam on the day of the interview? Went to open day recently and what was discussed is slightly different to the internet content......Ps I am a parent so please forgive if this is deemed daft! Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by Moggy2020
Hi, please can someone help, applying to Cambridge to do maths. Think we have our wires crossed today, which exam do we need to register for the Pre assessment. Also will there be an exam on the day of the interview? Went to open day recently and what was discussed is slightly different to the internet content......Ps I am a parent so please forgive if this is deemed daft! Thank you.

Hi, one of my seniors got a conditional offer of scoring 1 in both STEP 2 and 3.
Original post by Moggy2020

I'm pretty sure you don't need to register for any exams (at least until if/when you get an offer in January, which will require STEP). Whether there is a test at interview and if so what it will be like depends on the college you apply to. See the Entry Requirements section here for more details.
You definitely do not need to register for a pre-interview assessment for Maths - there isn't one. Depending on the College applied to, your child may have to sit a test on the day of interview, but this unlikely to be formally scored. Maths offer holders will have STEP conditions as part of their offer: they must sit STEP II and III in June after they apply (usually at the same time as their A Levels). Offer levels vary but are usually around 1, 1. More information about STEP can be found here: https://www.admissionstesting.org/for-test-takers/step/about-step/.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by sweeneyrod
I'm pretty sure you don't need to register for any exams (at least until if/when you get an offer in January, which will require STEP). Whether there is a test at interview and if so what it will be like depends on the college you apply to. See the Entry Requirements section here for more details.

Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions
You definitely do not need to register for a pre-interview assessment for Maths - there isn't one. Depending on the College applied to, your child may have to sit a test on the day of interview, but this unlikely to be formally scored. Maths offer holders will have STEP conditions as part of their offer: they must sit STEP II and III in June after they apply (usually at the same time as their A Levels). Offer levels vary but are usually around 1, 1. More information about STEP can be found here: https://www.admissionstesting.org/for-test-takers/step/about-step/.

Hope this helps :smile:thank uou

Thank you both for your response, appreciate your time. M

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending