The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone Got an interview for Next week for St George?
Has a UCAT score of 635 band 3 been good enough in previous years for interview or short listing for interview?
Reply 3
I had 622.5 and band 3 and just had my interview yesterday. Went so bad 🤧
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know about an important questionnaire for applicants to UK medical schools (entry 2020) who live in the UK: https://bit.ly/2V8vBAj

It takes about 20 minutes and is part of a national academic research study about applying to medicine. When you take part in the study you can enter into a prize draw (lottery) to win Amazon vouchers (prizes: 2 x £500 vouchers, 5 x £250 vouchers and, 50 x £50 vouchers).

The research is called the UK Medical Applicant Cohort Study. It's funded by the National Institute for Health Research and led by Dr Katherine Woolf from University College London (UCL). It aims to help future students apply to medical school and help the NHS get the best doctors, but you may also find taking part helps you reflect on the application process.

Students who've already filled in the questionnaire have said:
" I found this questionnaire helpful, it reminded me of why I wanted to apply to a medical school in the first place and my current set of skills to see what else I need to for my application. I hope my answers can help future medical students in any way."
" Very Interesting questionnaire, it helped me learn about myself and my choices more."
"This has helped me condense a lot of important information about medical schools."
" I enjoyed doing this questionnaire and I hope my response is useful. Thank you for the opportunity!"

The research team stores the information you provide securely and keeps it confidential. The study is NOT part of any medical school application process. The information you give will NOT be used to make any decisions about you that will affect your education or career. Your information will ONLY be used for academic research. For more information please read the Study Information Sheet (attached) and see the study website: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/medical-school...t-cohort-study.

Complete the questionnaire directly here: https://bit.ly/2V8vBAj

Alternatively, when you register to take UCAT you will be asked if we (the research team) can contact you. Tick YES and we will send you a personalised link to the questionnaire for you to fill in once you book your test.
If you have already booked a UCAT test but have not received a personalised link, please complete the questionnaire directly here: https://bit.ly/2V8vBAj

Please only complete the questionnaire once.

Thank you in advance for assisting this important research project.

Thank you to the Student Room for allowing us to share our study on their website.

If you have any questions feel free to email the study [email protected]

The UK Medical Applicant Cohort Study is funded by the National Institute for Health Research (grant reference: CDF-2017-10-008) and based at UCL Medical School (UCL Research Ethics reference: 0511/014). The views expressed are those of the researchers and not necessarily those of the NIHR or the Department of Health and Social Care.
Reply 5
Does anyone know about age limits? Do you have to be 18 by a certain age or when you enter the course?
Reply 6
I will be 17 on October 4th, so it is possible that I will enter university as either 18 years old or 17, depending on the term dates. I’m applying for undergraduate, so I’m wondering if this will be an issue.
Reply 7
Original post by minji.ho
I will be 17 on October 4th, so it is possible that I will enter university as either 18 years old or 17, depending on the term dates. I’m applying for undergraduate, so I’m wondering if this will be an issue.

Why did you post in the post-grad thread then?

Edit: I moved it for you.

Here are the age requirements: https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/minimum-age-requirements-for-medicine/

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey guys does anyone know whether I can compensate a C in IGCSE Language with a 7.0 in IELTS? I'm an international student.
Reply 9
Has anyone else got an offer for 2020 medicine for St. George’s?
Noo.... too early I would suggest?
Reply 11
No no people like me who went through clearing and got an interview got a place for next year

Original post by lecrae
Noo.... too early I would suggest?
Original post by isha.s
No no people like me who went through clearing and got an interview got a place for next year

Ah ok my bad! Congrats on getting an offer though. Did you have UCAT prior?
Reply 13
Original post by lecrae
Ah ok my bad! Congrats on getting an offer though. Did you have UCAT prior?

Thank you!!
Yeah I went through clearing this year. There wasn’t enough space for this year but St. George’s gave out places for next year.
Reply 14
thank you
What Likely hood cut off of ukat will be used at this medical school for 2020 entry.
My son has score of 2450 with SJT band 4 and wondering is it worth applying
He has 7 A* 2 A and 1 B with prediction of A*A*A in chemistry, maths and biology respectively. Thanks
Reply 16
Original post by Yashchou
What Likely hood cut off of ukat will be used at this medical school for 2020 entry.
My son has score of 2450 with SJT band 4 and wondering is it worth applying
He has 7 A* 2 A and 1 B with prediction of A*A*A in chemistry, maths and biology respectively. Thanks

Again, should be in the megathread or SGUL thread.
SGUL always use a UCAT cut off. It was 622.5 last year, but 630-650 in previous years. Details are on their website
Reply 17
when are normally the sgul interviews?
Reply 18
Original post by wyann
when are normally the sgul interviews?

Have a read through last year's thread and you can see when they were then
Reply 19
My friend wants to apply for medicine as a post grad at SGUL and wants to know if she can do the UCAT

Latest

Trending

Trending