The Student Room Group

SJ score band 2

Okay guys so I did a mock test on medify only for SJ and I got a band 2... is that bad ?? Because apparently a friend of mine was getting band 1 in the mini mocks and he ended up getting band 3 in the actual test...also it said that I was 6% away from the mean...? Idk I’m confused !! Help !!
Basically, if you get Band 1 or 2, you're pretty safe when it comes to applying to UKCAT med schools. If you get Band 3 or 4, it might be a good idea to look at the selection criteria for each UKCAT med school carefully as that may put you at a disadvantage. I was consistently getting Band 1 in my mocks and ended up with Band 2 in the real test.
Reply 2
Original post by upbeat4
Basically, if you get Band 1 or 2, you're pretty safe when it comes to applying to UKCAT med schools. If you get Band 3 or 4, it might be a good idea to look at the selection criteria for each UKCAT med school carefully as that may put you at a disadvantage. I was consistently getting Band 1 in my mocks and ended up with Band 2 in the real test.

Omg I’m worried now ... if I’m getting band 2 in mocks that means I’ll get band 3 or 4....
Original post by baeoftae
Okay guys so I did a mock test on medify only for SJ and I got a band 2... is that bad ?? Because apparently a friend of mine was getting band 1 in the mini mocks and he ended up getting band 3 in the actual test...also it said that I was 6% away from the mean...? Idk I’m confused !! Help !!

Relax. Read good medical practice by the gmc and use the official resources to practice. I occasionally got a band 2 on medify and got a band 1 in the real thing by doing the two things above.
Is reading and making notes from guide medify has on SJ sufficient to be able to answer the questions than reading the GMC?
I consistently get band 1 on medify SJ in all 4 mocks i've done so far.
How hard is SJ in the real exam compared to medify?
My exam in a week eeeek
Original post by Aspirin'Dentist
Is reading and making notes from guide medify has on SJ sufficient to be able to answer the questions than reading the GMC?
I consistently get band 1 on medify SJ in all 4 mocks i've done so far.
How hard is SJ in the real exam compared to medify?
My exam in a week eeeek

Ignore medify questions and use official resources for SJT. Also I’d read gmp just incase
Original post by Sososnake
Ignore medify questions and use official resources for SJT. Also I’d read gmp just incase

Can you send me the link for the gmc guide that I should read because I am confused about which one it is.
Am planning to do all official question banks in 3 days this week and one official mock per day in following 3 days then exam day.
Original post by Aspirin'Dentist
Can you send me the link for the gmc guide that I should read because I am confused about which one it is.
Am planning to do all official question banks in 3 days this week and one official mock per day in following 3 days then exam day.

Just search ‘good medical practice gmc’ and it will come up 😁 Good luck !
Just search ‘good medical practice gmc’ and it will come up 😁 Good luck !

cool tnx
Omg I’m worried now ... if I’m getting band 2 in mocks that means I’ll get band 3 or 4....

You’ll be fine. I had a friend who consistently got Band 3 and ended up with Band 1 in the exam.
Reply 10

Which SJT official resources?? Can please send the link ?? Tysm ! (:
Which SJT official resources?? Can please send the link ?? Tysm ! (:

Look up ucat official practice tests
Reply 12
guys is it helpful?? because some posts are saying that it is absolute ****. PLEASE SUGGEST SOMETHING!! I LITERALLY HAVE MY UKCAT 1 DAY LATER

Quick Reply