The Student Room Group

Relationship issues

My boyfriend started smoking and taking weed. He didn't do it when we got into the relationship. He started just one month before. It makes me so unhappy, i don't even like to talk to him if i think about this matter, what should i do???

Scroll to see replies

You have to talk to him about it and tell him how you feel.
Original post by Pooja555
My boyfriend started smoking and taking weed. He didn't do it when we got into the relationship. He started just one month before. It makes me so unhappy, i don't even like to talk to him if i think about this matter, what should i do???

you need to talk to him about it!!say its a massive turn off and your wrorried for his health. i know a boy that his gf dumped him cuz he smoked GIRLS DONT LIKE IT.
Reply 3

Dump him. He will be predictably unpredictable! He will make your life a misery for sure! Be smart!
Reply 4
Original post by Blabla1666666666
You have to talk to him about it and tell him how you feel.

Its almost a 2 year relationship, i can't even leave him because i love him a lot... When he said me about this during facetime that he started taking weed , i literally cried but he acted so rudely like he doesn't care...
Reply 5
Original post by Liv.griffiths_x
you need to talk to him about it!!say its a massive turn off and your wrorried for his health. i know a boy that his gf dumped him cuz he smoked GIRLS DONT LIKE IT.

It's almost 2 year relationship and i can't leave him because i love him and when he said me about this during facetime that he started taking weed i literally cried but he acted so rudely ... He was like why u cryin i will take weed if i want to
Reply 6
Original post by mgi
Dump him. He will be predictably unpredictable! He will make your life a misery for sure! Be smart!

I can't its almost 2 year relationship and i love him a lot... I don't know this thing runs in my mind every 24/7 ... Is there no any way? 😐
If it's a deal-breaker for you (and it sounds like it is) give him an ultimatum: you or the weed.

Just be prepared that he might not pick you.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
I can't its almost 2 year relationship and i love him a lot... I don't know this thing runs in my mind every 24/7 ... Is there no any way? 😐

You said he acted so rudely when you challenged him about taking weed. So he has started being nasty already- right? Has he ever told you that he loves you? and plans his long term future with you as his probable wife? After 2 years you should know the answers to these questions. If the answers are not clear then he is wasting your time and is a f..k boy really. What is the point of being in love with a guy who is wasting your time and is disrespectful? Obviously, he is getting something from you but he is not respecting your feelings!
Reply 9
Original post by mgi
You said he acted so rudely when you challenged him about taking weed. So he has started being nasty already- right? Has he ever told you that he loves you? and plans his long term future with you as his probable wife? After 2 years you should know the answers to these questions. If the answers are not clear then he is wasting your time and is a f..k boy really. What is the point of being in love with a guy who is wasting your time and is disrespectful? Obviously, he is getting something from you but he is not respecting your feelings!

He makes future plans sometimes but once or twice in a month... The truth is he broke up with me two month ago because he was cheating on me he kissed a girl and he broke up after a few days saying he had no more feelings for me... I was completely shattered and i begged a lot but when i knew the truth that he left me because he was with another girl but he didn't loved her, he kissed her and maybe he was interested in her... So i blocked him and i didn't contact him and after 10 days of breakup he came back saying he will change ... I took a few days more to listen his words, he even said my friends to accept him and i accepted him ... I don't know why i have so strong feelings for him 😔 but now he doesn't shares much about his feelings and how he feels for me... He used be so nice guy.. I have no idea what he is feeling or is he just pretending to not care 😔 and when i knew that he started taking weed i am afraid that he won't care about me about us and about our future 😔
Reply 10
Original post by sinfonietta
If it's a deal-breaker for you (and it sounds like it is) give him an ultimatum: you or the weed.

Just be prepared that he might not pick you.

If he doesn't picks me, what should i do?

Cry for a couple of days and then move on with your life. There are better guys out there.
Reply 12
He makes future plans sometimes but once or twice in a month... The truth is he broke up with me two month ago because he was cheating on me he kissed a girl and he broke up after a few days saying he had no more feelings for me... I was completely shattered and i begged a lot but when i knew the truth that he left me because he was with another girl but he didn't loved her, he kissed her and maybe he was interested in her... So i blocked him and i didn't contact him and after 10 days of breakup he came back saying he will change ... I took a few days more to listen his words, he even said my friends to accept him and i accepted him ... I don't know why i have so strong feelings for him 😔 but now he doesn't shares much about his feelings and how he feels for me... He used be so nice guy.. I have no idea what he is feeling or is he just pretending to not care 😔 and when i knew that he started taking weed i am afraid that he won't care about me about us and about our future 😔

He does not care that much about your feelings obviously! How do i know that? He cheated on you and played it down by saying that he didn't love the other wonan and that he only kissed her. You believe him and take him back after he had ghosted you for 10 days and you begged! and he rewards you by being rude while he insists on taking weed! So he now knows he can be as disrespectful as he likes because he knows you will put up with the bulls..t! And why do you love a man (boy) that goes off with another woman, probably does more than kiss her etc then you take him back? the reason is probably your oxytocin levels. Do some research! You have invested love hormones, (and body fluids) in the relationship which are like drugs and are keeping you addicted to a disrespectful man. He is interested in sex probably- not in commiting to you. He is wasting your time because he knows he can,- and it will continue until you dump him! Look at the evidence girl!
Reply 13
Original post by mgi
He does not care that much about your feelings obviously! How do i know that? He cheated on you and played it down by saying that he didn't love the other wonan and that he only kissed her. You believe him and take him back after he had ghosted you for 10 days and you begged! and he rewards you by being rude while he insists on taking weed! So he now knows he can be as disrespectful as he likes because he knows you will put up with the bulls..t! And why do you love a man (boy) that goes off with another woman, probably does more than kiss her etc then you take him back? the reason is probably your oxytocin levels. Do some research! You have invested love hormones, (and body fluids) in the relationship which are like drugs and are keeping you addicted to a disrespectful man. He is interested in sex probably- not in commiting to you. He is wasting your time because he knows he can,- and it will continue until you dump him! Look at the evidence girl!

I talked to him recently and i gave him two options to choose between me and cig, weed. He said he can't leave smoking and when i said that i m gonna leave him, he said you're gonna leave me just because i smoke? I don't know why i can't leave him... When i asked him about do you care about me and our future he just said yes but i feel like he doesn't care at all... I am so weak and he acts so cool as if he doesn't care... And i keep on waiting for the day when he's gonna love me and talk about us... It's so complicated 😞
Reply 14
Original post by sinfonietta
Cry for a couple of days and then move on with your life. There are better guys out there.

But is it fair to leave him just because he smokes...
Reply 15
I talked to him recently and i gave him two options to choose between me and cig, weed. He said he can't leave smoking and when i said that i m gonna leave him, he said you're gonna leave me just because i smoke? I don't know why i can't leave him... When i asked him about do you care about me and our future he just said yes but i feel like he doesn't care at all... I am so weak and he acts so cool as if he doesn't care... And i keep on waiting for the day when he's gonna love me and talk about us... It's so complicated 😞

Its not complicated! He knows he can play with your mind! You are ignoring all the clues: he wants weed more than he wants you! You asked him if : "you care about me and our future he just said yes but i feel like he doesn't care at all... " and then you said :"And i keep on waiting for the day when he's gonna love me and talk about us". Ok ,so permit me to be kind and blunt at the same time- you sense that he does not care, he does not say that he loves you, he is dismissive of your feelings and you are waiting for the day when he treats you the way that you want to be treated and finally decides to love you. But he knows that you will allow him to get in your kn..krs while he does what he pleases with you. He believes that you are not worth commiting to in a longterm relationship because he does not care!

Yes.

Leave him start a new chapter instead of staying in the same one every time.
Reply 18

Yes. but he has also disrespected you in so many other ways that i mentioned in a previous post! Now he is guilt tripping you into thinking it is just the one issue of weed; it isn't!
It’s a predictor of lazy bums who don’t achieve anything. You want that in your life?

Quick Reply

Latest