Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants Thread 2020

thought i'd make this thread as i really liked cardiff on their open day:h:

What course are you applying for:
What universities are you thinking of:
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:

you can find links to other uni applicants threads here!! if there's not one for a uni you want to apply to yet, make your own:smile:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6033194
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What course are you applying for: psychology with placement year
What universities are you thinking of: st andrews, brum, manchester and east anglia
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: don't know them yet but target grades are AAA
GCSE grades: 56667A88899
Extra curriculars: volunteering at oxfam, psychology reading, have entered psychology essay competition and i'm going to a sutton trust school
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
What course are you applying for: English Language and Literature
What universities are you thinking of: (other than this gorgeous place) Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester and Newcastle
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A*AA
GCSE grades: 98888A*A*777A
Extra curriculars: volunteer at a literacy programme, EPQ, creative writing projects, 6th form museum takeover, children in need
What course are you applying for: Computer Science with a year of study abroad
What universities are you thinking of: Cardiff Uni, Leeds Becket and a few others (Havent decided properly yet)
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: Very confident I can get D* for all my units on the access to HE computer science course at college.
GCSE grades: B - Computer science, Predicted an A/A* for my english and a C or low B for maths. Cannot remember the rest (:
Extra curriculars: Abundance of work experience due to a couple of gap years after school, Volunteering and I Gym (:
Original post by Manazoid4
What universities are you thinking of: Cardiff Uni, Leeds Becket and a few others (Havent decided properly yet)
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: Very confident I can get D* for all my units on the access to HE computer science course at college.
GCSE grades: B - Computer science, Predicted an A/A* for my english and a C or low B for maths. Cannot remember the rest (:
Extra curriculars: Abundance of work experience due to a couple of gap years after school, Volunteering and I Gym (:

good luck!! what started your interest in compsci?
Been tinkering with computers since I was 10 😂😂 and its honestly been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember!
Original post by entertainmyfaith
good luck!! what started your interest in compsci?
Been tinkering with computers since I was 10 😂😂 and its honestly been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember!

10 years old?! i can imagine you're very good w computers then:yep:
Thinking about it now, 10 years old might be an overstatement 😂😂😂 but for as long as I can remember. How old are you?
10 years old?! i can imagine you're very good w computers then:yep:
Thinking about it now, 10 years old might be an overstatement 😂😂😂 but for as long as I can remember. How old are you?

:lol:
17:h: you?
:lol:
17:h: you?

19 lmfao 😂😂😂😂😂😂
19 lmfao 😂😂😂😂😂😂

any age is a reasonable age to start uni:yep: are you eligible for student finance at that age or does it work differently?
Yep still eligible for student finance, I think anyone under 25 is.
any age is a reasonable age to start uni:yep: are you eligible for student finance at that age or does it work differently?
Reply 12
What course are you applying for: one of the English courses
What universities are you thinking of: Cardiff, Nottingham and Exeter are my top 3 at the moment
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A, B, B
GCSE grades: 3 A's, 3 B's, 3 C's
Extra curriculars: football, work experience placements, odd writing jobs.
Original post by em.809
What course are you applying for: one of the English courses
What universities are you thinking of: Cardiff, Nottingham and Exeter are my top 3 at the moment
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A, B, B
GCSE grades: 3 A's, 3 B's, 3 C's
Extra curriculars: football, work experience placements, odd writing jobs.

good luck!
Reply 14
thanks, I'm so nervous.
good luck!
Whos coming to the cardiff uni open day this saturday, Im going completly on my own and I am SO anxious.
Whos coming to the cardiff uni open day this saturday, Im going completly on my own and I am SO anxious.

@Manazoid4

I hope you enjoyed the day! :smile:

Sophie
Hi! I know I’m a bit late to this thread but I’m literally looking at the same course, and Leeds and Cardiff too!

Hi! I’m a bit late but thought I’d join anyway.

What course are you applying for:Computer science (with Security and Forensics possibly) with a year abroad/in industry.
What universities are you thinking of: Cardiff, Leeds, Swansea, Imperial College, Portsmouth.
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: AAB in Maths, Computing, Dance.
GCSE grades: One 9, three 8s, Seven 7s And two 6s. (Aka one A**, 3 A*, 7 A, 2 B) in this order, (9) dance, (8) Science, Maths, Computing, (7) Science, English literature, English language, Art, Graphic Products, Statistics, Drama, (6) Religious Studies, French
Extra curricular: three jobs over two and a half years, M&S, New Look, and teaching kids to swim, county level swimming and part of a coding club!
Original post by BumbleBee04
Hi! I know I’m a bit late to this thread but I’m literally looking at the same course, and Leeds and Cardiff too!

Hey there man!
Thats crazy, I absolutely love swimming aswell, lets connect HMU.

P.s I need help with maths (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending