The Student Room Group

The real world

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Burton Bridge
Right that's it in done, I'm litterally talking about the 2015 election, I clearly wrote 2 then an 0 then a 1 then a 5 :stupid: and you highlighted it.:ahee:

You have got to be trolling me, I'm done

But why are you talking about the 2015 election in the context of the Brexit referendum result?
Original post by ColinDent
I'm curious as to how many people on here regularly encounter others with opposing views on Brexit and if this is the case then how do you get on these people.
I myself have a few family members and friends who are remainers, but when discussing the rights and wrongs of each others views we have never fallen out.
From what I can gather the vast majority of people just want to get it out of the way and are accepting of both what others feel and the result of the referendum.
Is mine an isolated experience or is it what is actually the state of play in the nation?

I have a mate who is in the leave with no deal camp. He wants to leave because he thinks if we get a free trade deal with China, he will be able to get cheaper gaming consoles and games because importing them from china will be cheaper. This is particularly annoying because there may be a shortage of medications needed by my son if we leave without a deal.
Reply 62
Original post by QE2
You do realise that the large majority of Labour voters voted Remain in the referendum, and many Labour MPs explicitly stated that they support Remain. Simply banging on about manifesto, which was irrelevant on the issue of Brexit then, and has been superseded now, is meaningless.

Yet so many of these Labour voters live in constituencies that voted overwhelmingly to leave, something doesn't really add up there does it, unless of course you are talking about the much larger amount of labour voters that are in the metropolitan areas that are probably remainers but they won't help all those Labour MPs in the many towns of the North, how many seats do you estimate there are outside of major cities that Labour currently hold, every single one of those is now in danger.
Reply 63
Original post by ColinDent
Yet so many of these Labour voters live in constituencies that voted overwhelmingly to leave, something doesn't really add up there does it, unless of course you are talking about the much larger amount of labour voters that are in the metropolitan areas that are probably remainers but they won't help all those Labour MPs in the many towns of the North, how many seats do you estimate there are outside of major cities that Labour currently hold, every single one of those is now in danger.

On the other hand, many of these working class Northern Labour supporters who were persuaded to vote against their own best interests by the lies of the privileged elite, or their own xenophobia, way have wised-up and realised the error of their ways.
Oh...

You know, throughout this whole debate I keep forgetting that "the people" are mostly idiots.
Reply 64
Original post by QE2
On the other hand, many of these working class Northern Labour supporters who were persuaded to vote against their own best interests by the lies of the privileged elite, or their own xenophobia, way have wised-up and realised the error of their ways.
Oh...

You know, throughout this whole debate I keep forgetting that "the people" are mostly idiots.

We can only aspire to reach your levels of intellect and general greatness.
Original post by QE2
But why are you talking about the 2015 election in the context of the Brexit referendum result?

Your problem is you really haven't got a clue what you are talking about, so you really can't see what is wrong with your arguments. It's like dealing with a toddler.

Because it was won on a promiss of the referendum, people whom voted Tory just to get it.

Was that a I'm sorry for name calling you, when I clearly was wrong, I shout insults off without clearly reading anyone's view point.

No it wasn't was it, it takes a man to admit they are wrong, how old are you?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by QE2
While the leadership may have been prevaricating, the rank and file were Remain. Many Labour candidates expressly stated that they were pro-Remain as did Welsh Labour.

That's so dishonest of you!

The manifestos were not pro remain! Therefore pro remain parties lost.
Reply 67
Original post by StormXibalba
That's so dishonest of you!
The manifestos were not pro remain!

I didn't say they were. Please try and limit yourself to addressing what I actually said, not what you thought I said.
Reply 68
Because it was won on a promiss of the referendum, people whom voted Tory just to get it.

1. The vote share between Labour and Tory in the 2015 election was the same as the 2010 election, so no sign of people switching sides for a referendum. There is no evidence that anyone "voted Tory just to get it".
2. The first mention of a referendum is way back on page 30 and it is not even mentioned in the introduction or conclusion, so hardly a flagship policy.
3. The manifesto states that the referendum will be held on the basis of the new deal negotiated with the EU and people asked to vote on that. Can you tell me what that new deal negotiated before the referendum contained? (No, of course you can't. Like most Leavers, you didn't even know it existed)

Was that a I'm sorry for name calling you, when I clearly was wrong, I shout insults off without clearly reading anyone's view point.
No it wasn't was it, it takes a man to admit they are wrong, how old are you?

Your attempted explanation merely further demonstrates your inability to grasp the fundamentals of what is being talked about.
Original post by QE2
Can you tell me what that new deal negotiated before the referendum contained? (No, of course you can't. Like most Leavers, you didn't even know it existed)

Are you having a nice conversation with yourself?

Still no apology for insulting while being completely wrong - good bye mr boat
Reply 70
Are you having a nice conversation with yourself?

Still no apology for insulting while being completely wrong - good bye mr boat

So you weren't aware of the existence of the EU reform deal, or that the referendum vote was supposed to be based on its contents. Thought not. Why would you?
Original post by QE2
So you weren't aware of the existence of the EU reform deal, or that the referendum vote was supposed to be based on its contents. Thought not. Why would you?

Strange conclusion to come up with from a statement of fact that you have refused to apologise.
Reply 72
Strange conclusion to come up with from a statement of fact that you have refused to apologise.

I asked you if you were aware of it, you refused to answer. From your track record this would indicate that you were unaware of it.
Come on, be honest. You didn't know about it or its relevance to the referendum, did you?
Original post by QE2
I asked you if you were aware of it, you refused to answer. From your track record this would indicate that you were unaware of it.
Come on, be honest. You didn't know about it or its relevance to the referendum, did you?

Yes I did and I've spoke about it several times on this forum.

My track record is to apologise if in wrong and admit if someone points something out I dont know. You're is not so honorable unfortunately, now if you dont mind.....goodbye
Reply 74
Yes I did and I've spoke about it several times on this forum.

Pfft! I've never seen you mention it.
Original post by QE2
Pfft! I've never seen you mention it.

Well that's you all over mate, if you not seen it's not happened.
Reply 76
Well that's you all over mate, if you not seen it's not happened.

In that case, link to the post where you discussed the EU Reform Deal and its relevance to the referendum. I am more than happy to stand corrected.
Off you go...
Original post by QE2
In that case, link to the post where you discussed the EU Reform Deal and its relevance to the referendum. I am more than happy to stand corrected.
Off you go...

No cant be bothered, you I'll let feel you have a somehow won something I'm not trying to win.
Reply 78
No cant be bothered, you I'll let feel you have a somehow won something I'm not trying to win.

"I know the answer, but I'm not telling you".
Pathetic!

So it's confirmed that you weren't aware of the EU Reform Deal and its relevance to the referendum. Gosh.
In that case, how could you possibly have voted against it? (Don't worry, I have a suspicion that this applies to the majority of Leave voters)
Original post by QE2
"I know the answer, but I'm not telling you".
Pathetic!

So it's confirmed that you weren't aware of the EU Reform Deal and its relevance to the referendum. Gosh.
In that case, how could you possibly have voted against it? (Don't worry, I have a suspicion that this applies to the majority of Leave voters)

Ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending