The Student Room Group

Reach for Cloud 9(s)- a year 11 gyg

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FlawlessChicken
Lmao yeppp 'The Apprentice' is actually the funniest sh*t. Hopefully there's another funny asian guy this year coz they're the best! Also the first episode comes out on the day of my ucat ... so it'll be a good way to celebrate!

AOTD: I'm watching 'Lost' with my dad and let's just say it's amazing! Like maybe I just find the mystery/thriller genre a bit too good but seriously if you have the time you should check it out!

ayy one of the funniest moments- Solomon and those boats on his business plan i-
and omg yes that is a great way to celebrate! is the ucat the one you find out the result straight away?
Original post by FlawlessChicken
She said 'Complications' dummy ~cAN yoU eVeN rEaD?~

oooh apart from 'complications' :wink:, 'the man who mistook his wife for a hat', 'when breath becomes air' are all great examples @mez_merising
i looooove atul gawande
Can I have a tag please? :smile:
Original post by medicalsupernova
Can I have a tag please? :smile:

sure!!
Original post by neurosurgically
sunday
ミ☆ taglist ☆彡

Spoiler

homework rush! have the ecology test tomorrow and just finished the history hw i have to hand into to my headmaster's PA so he can mark it (if i don't get 8/8 i'm screwed)
finished sixth form applications and an Atul Gawande book, Complications (such a great book)

i feel like all i read are medical books these days oh well...

QOTD: what are you watching at the moment? (could be tv shows/great films/podcast recommendations if you aren't the tv type lmao, i love a good podcast)

pour moi, excited for The Apprentice, and have just finished Elité and Skam NL (if someone has watched Skam popuppppp because that is my shOW)

Team Apprentice here ahaha and you've watched elité too? I did for my spanish aha I really enjoyed it... Currently watching cable girls at the moment actually lmao
Original post by Matthew2422
Team Apprentice here ahaha and you've watched elité too? I did for my spanish aha I really enjoyed it... Currently watching cable girls at the moment actually lmao

i do french 🤪 but it’s really good, my taste in shoes transcends language i guess- unpopular opinions but subtitles>no subtitles on a show
i do french 🤪 but it’s really good, my taste in shoes transcends language i guess- unpopular opinions but subtitles>no subtitles on a show

PRSOM aha
stayed in classroom today after the further maths lessons after school finishing the questions and notes

QOTD: what’s your after-school routine like?EDE0D722-77E6-458D-851E-1896B3047C70.jpg.jpeg
stayed in classroom today after the further maths lessons after school finishing the questions and notes

QOTD: what’s your after-school routine like?EDE0D722-77E6-458D-851E-1896B3047C70.jpg.jpeg

Ooooh love myself some further maths! What topic are you doing? Also the classwiz calculator is a lifesaver so protect it at all costs. Too many people in my year lost them and it's just unwanted stress!

AOTD: I eat and go on my laptop and stuff. Then cry about how much work I have to do without actually doing it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Eat then work then relax
When u say first aider, do u mean like u did a course or do u do it continuously?
Sorry, it’s just I’m yr 11, tryna get into medicine...
hey! how did u get work experience in a gp and volunteer in a nursing home- I tried and they said I was underage ( i’m In year 11 now)

AotD: I get home snack and relax for about an hour lol, if I have lots to-do I then start straight away and just keep going until I've finished, at the moment I'm not revising but just doing the homework I'm getting eek
will update later, starting essay for philosophy hw due tomorrow :wink: [attach]853154[/attach

wow i'm responding late - my after school routine is usually:
-Get a shower
-Have a snack
-Revise/coursework
-Dinner
-Back to revision
-YouTube videos for a while
-Pack my school bag / pack my lunch bag
-Bed
friday
hey

ミ☆ taglist ☆彡

wow I really have abandoned this, and i genuinely feel so bad for the abandonment and unreplied messages and all, but also slightly apathetic as wow year 11 in intense. i know it's NoT aS bAd As SiXtH fOrM but gosh i thought the whole GCSEs thing was an overreaction, un petit peu de melodrama, if you will, but nope. i now stand corrected (as well as slightly sleep-deprived, past-paper-laden and brain-sunken-with-the-knowledge-of-too-many-studytube-videos)

the whole point of this GYG thing was to take a break once in a while and write to document year 11 as a bit of a souvenir, but also to just chill (aha if you have tiktok can you please appreciate the i wish you would find your chill reference) as i haven't done any of that since before my mocks which i revised for during christmas and started the fIRST DAY BACK (i know in monica's voice from friends [wow i wish i could add soundbites]). i'm not going to be explicit with my grades because quite frankly i don't think anyone reading this cares, but i got 8s in my sciences and RS (i didn't see a whole essay question), 9s in geography, history, french and english lit+lang and a 7 in maths which am really determined to pull up. i've got roughly three months (having just received my timetable) to pull up the grades i need to, to get the results i want.

also major update, i got into my dream sixth form after 2 days of gruelling exams and interviews in biology, chemistry, maths and RS!

if you're in/or have been in year 11, feel free to say how it is so far/ or how you were feeling around this time. is time moving really fast, do you feel as awkward balancing all the homework and revision?
have a great morning/afternoon/evening
@neurosurgically
Oof yes I remember that Year 11 life 😭. Keep the hustle though, you got this! Those grades are amazinggg!

Omgg congrats on your sixth form acceptance! That’s awesome! ❤️
ahh congrats on getting into the sixth form! and also for those grades they look fab, dw bout maths you can easily pull it up over these next months
congrats about getting into the sixth form! :rave:. Your grades are so good :thumbsup:.
I don't get much homework anymore :adore:, so I no longer have to balance it... but if I did, I probably just wouldn't do it (unless the homework would be a form of revision).
Honestly, time is moving pretty fast and I'm so happy. I just want to get it over and done with at this point. There are soo many subjects I am beyond ready to drop.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending