The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Lok Fu, congratulations.
21 stations closed down as of now.
Reply 61
Tsuen Wan Line, congratulations! You are the first line to be shut down completely!
24 closed down now.
The protests are still escalating.
Reply 62
Congratulations to HKU and Sha Tin Wai.
Protests are still escalating, and 26/93 stations (28%) are closed. Fortunately I have stocked up earlier.
No one can imagine how Hong Kong has become now.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 8013
No one can imagine how Hong Kong has become now.

Talk to Northern Irish folk from the 70s...
Reply 64
The CBD has closed down now. Congratulations, Central.
Reply 65
Latest update: Stations with an X have closed down.IMG_0002.JPG
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 66
IMG_0002.JPG
Original post by Mayuxue
I am kind of feeling there’s biases on both sides. We seem to have both PRC nationalists and Chinese haters here. However, there is never anybody in between. As in somebody who has looked up facts for why both China and Hong Kong are in the wrong.

There isn't always an in-between, especially insofar as an authoritarian government like China's is concerned. It's less about hatred of the Chinese and more to do with their government's actions.
Original post by 8013
I am from HK. Very heartbroken and scared to go out, as I know that almost every district has a protest today. It is the Chinese national day.
As of now, 17 MTR stations (including the station closest to my home) and plenty of shopping malls are closed, and I am forced to close all of my windows to prevent tear smoke from entering my apartment.

Indeed it is heartbreaking to see the destruction that rioters are causing. They are hurting their fellow Hong Kong residents, just to spite their fellow Chinese.
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Indeed it is heartbreaking to see the destruction that rioters are causing. They are hurting their fellow Hong Kong residents, just to spite their fellow Chinese.

And how are Human Right in China are the Muslims enjoy their re-education in the holiday camps.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/14/china-claims-muslim-internment-camps-provide-professional-training
Original post by looloo2134
And how are Human Right in China are the Muslims enjoy their re-education in the holiday camps.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/14/china-claims-muslim-internment-camps-provide-professional-training

Guantanamo Bay.
Reply 71
Guantanamo Bay.

Typical strawman from the Chinese Bot. Can't face arguments, so has to deflect the blame. Op didn't say the US hasn't got gross negligence of human rights in such institutions. Merely saying that one side does bad so the other can also do it is, the most ridiculous argument I've seen.

Well tbh.. Can't expect rational responses from a person who blatenty edits news articles to their favour and cites them as original can we.. @AngeryPenguin?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 72
Wow this is getting increasingly intense😂
Original post by Nuttyy

Well tbh.. Can't expect rational responses from a person who blatenty edits news articles to their favour and cites them as original can we.. @AngeryPenguin?

Angery penguins answer lately always seems to be Guantanamo Bay as though that explains everything. Comical. This is the issue with penguin they try and spread so much disinformation and lies they shame China.
Reply 74
Original post by looloo2134

Guantanamo Bay.

Is this an acknowledgement of China's hr abuses?
Reply 75
Original post by 999tigger
This is the issue with penguin they try and spread so much disinformation and lies they shame China.

It has to be an anti-China troll because no one else in the history of TSR has contributed to anti-China sentiment than this puppet. Otherwise, I think a performance review is urgently needed by his Chinese handlers.
Original post by 999tigger
Angery penguins answer lately always seems to be Guantanamo Bay as though that explains everything. Comical. This is the issue with penguin they try and spread so much disinformation and lies they shame China.

Literally just said it twice, in two instances where it was needed.

The issue with you is that you are following me around like a madman. Just block me if you don't like what I'm saying.
Original post by Ascend
Is this an acknowledgement of China's hr abuses?

China has committed some number of abuses in it's history, sure. Whether they were justified or not remains debatable - this forum seems to lean a certain way.

But the West is talked about here as though it is objectively "free" and always respects human rights and doesn't censor. That is the hypocrisy which I sometimes point out, and which has a handful of very dedicated posters riled up.
Reply 77
China has committed some number of abuses in it's history, sure. Whether they were justified or not remains debatable - this forum seems to lean a certain way.

You are referring to abuses in the past tense. Do you believe that China currently does not commit human rights abuses?

Also, can you describe what those "abuses in its history" were?
Original post by Ascend
You are referring to abuses in the past tense. Do you believe that China currently does not commit human rights abuses?

Also, can you describe what those "abuses in its history" were?

For instance, the cultural revolution - in fact, it is officially regarded as a tragedy.
Literally just said it twice, in two instances where it was needed.

The issue with you is that you are following me around like a madman. Just block me if you don't like what I'm saying.

But the West is talked about here as though it is objectively "free" and always respects human rights and doesn't censor. That is the hypocrisy which I sometimes point out, and which has a handful of very dedicated posters riled up.

Nope the issue is you pollute the board with your anti western anti white people propaganda.
For some reason you claim TSR is anti Chinese which is really a lie and before you ever posted nobody cared about China and they were an infrequent topic. When you post only negative articles and when you edit or distort articles then people see you for what you are. If you stopped spamming the board with your cut and paste propaganda, then people would care.

Anyone who wants to know what I am on about then simply look at angery penguins thread history which speaks for itself.

Latest

Trending

Trending