The Student Room Group

is this epq subject okay?

I'm doing an IPQ right now (international EPQ) and want to pursue law once I'm done with my A levels, in 2020. Will a topic such as "why women that are victims of domestic abuse don't leave" be an acceptable topic area for law?
Original post by Taniab21
I'm doing an IPQ right now (international EPQ) and want to pursue law once I'm done with my A levels, in 2020. Will a topic such as "why women that are victims of domestic abuse don't leave" be an acceptable topic area for law?

Can only speak on English EPQ, but would say the following.

You dont have to do it on a course related subject. but...
I normally suggest to do an EPQ on a course related subject as it show your interest, you can mention in ps or any interview..
You can change the angle to something like Does the law really protect victims of domestic abuse?
Is the law relating to domestic abuse fit for purpose?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Can only speak on English EPQ, but would say the following.

You dont have to do it on a course related subject. but...
I normally suggest to do an EPQ on a course related subject as it show your interest, you can mention in ps or any interview..
You can change the angle to something like Does the law really protect victims of domestic abuse?
Is the law relating to domestic abuse fit for purpose?

Thank you! That does sound much better
Original post by Taniab21
Thank you! That does sound much better

You also need to consider your first title gives you more of a social and psychological angle whereas the main focus should be the legal angle?
Are the laws adequate?
Why dont they work?
Are there any other reasons besides law?
Are there any changes to be made etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending