The Student Room Group

QUIZ: Should You Go To Oxford Or Cambridge?

Scroll to see replies

I got Cambridge. What did you get?
Cambridge yaaaaas
I also got Cambridge 😂😂. That's weird that we're all getting that
cambridge baby!
Cambridge too 😂

I think the test is rigged
Can’t wait to try this.. look well if it’s Cambridge, I’ll never live it down, in fact may well have to cheat at some point
I prefer Cambridge over Oxford
Coz Oxford sounds like the top TOP uni where the stuck up smarties rich kids go sooo y would I wanna be surrounded by them
Cambridge sounds better
I got told I should go to Manchester instead! :angry:
@harrysbar will you have a go at this, too?
Original post by Oxford Mum
@harrysbar will you have a go at this, too?

It said "neither.....maybe you should go to Manchester instead".... I think it's because I put that I would rather have an afternoon tea than go punting :s-smilie:
Oxford, of course!! Especially when it came up with an image of the radcam and asked me what my fave pic was...
@harrysbar I went to Manchester, please don’t bother...
Wouldn't want to go to either

Did you get Cambridge @the bear?
tsrwronguni.png

smh
Original post by CoolCavy
Wouldn't want to go to either

PRSOM - it would be a bad choice for your degree Cavy :smile:
Original post by Muttley79
PRSOM - it would be a bad choice for your degree Cavy :smile:

Agreed :hugs: am not even sure they do my course, my parent had the chance to go to Oxford and they turned it down as the course was too cerebral and not industry focused, they went to a 'lesser' uni that was much more hands on and taught cutting edge stuff instead of ancient theories :smile:
Original post by CoolCavy
Agreed :hugs: am not even sure they do my course, my parent had the chance to go to Oxford and they turned it down as the course was too cerebral and not industry focused, they went to a 'lesser' uni that was much more hands on and taught cutting edge stuff instead of ancient theories :smile:

Yes - my best students looking at Design and Engineering degrees are finding the Oxbridge courses are not a great preparation for working in industry. Neither do well at the engineering competition 'Formula Student' run by IMechE:
https://www.imeche.org/events/formula-student

Oxbridge suits some people and some degrees but I think it's not got the same reputation it had 30 years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending