The Student Room Group

Police Now Graduate Scheme 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by laraamayy
Whats another route i can apply for as i didnt get in and had no feedback as to why. Going to slit my wrists tonight :smile:

You can apply directly with your local police force... Or any police force which does not have local residency requirements as long as you're willing to relocate. Where do you live? Just Google your local force to see if they're recruiting. Don't give up.
Got through to the assessment centre! The online videos went a lot better than last year but I still thought they would reject me. Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare for the assessment centre?
Reply 62
Hi guys - I got an email saying I got through to the AC yesterday! Out of interest does anyone know how long it will be before I get further details/I am allowed to book a date? Just eager! Best of luck to everyone else and thanks for your help in advance.
Reply 63
For those who have completed the online assessment, how much did you write on the written responses? I completed it on my phone as my laptop wouldn’t work and genuinely feel like I did not write enough at all. Nowhere near 250 words but I only had two written questions so I’m hoping it doesn’t go against me too much.
Reply 64
I did 250 words pretty much exactly on most, then on one I went way over 😂 I got through to AC but I'm sure as long as you got the relevant information across the word count is actually a little irrelevant. best of luck
Reply 65
Original post by WillSam
I did 250 words pretty much exactly on most, then on one I went way over 😂 I got through to AC but I'm sure as long as you got the relevant information across the word count is actually a little irrelevant. best of luck

Ah man, this is what stresses me out lol. Last year they didn’t give word count guidelines. I’m hoping my other responses outweigh the written ones! Thanks :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by Sim-97
For those who have completed the online assessment, how much did you write on the written responses? I completed it on my phone as my laptop wouldn’t work and genuinely feel like I did not write enough at all. Nowhere near 250 words but I only had two written questions so I’m hoping it doesn’t go against me too much.

I got no where near the word count and was very anxious about it. Perhaps around 3 smallish paragraphs for each question (I'd guess at around 100-150 words max) and I have got through to the assessment centre. A lot of the time it's about the quality of what you're putting across, not the quantity. I was also very short on my video answers, but I got across the important information.
Reply 67
Original post by Apg95
I got no where near the word count and was very anxious about it. Perhaps around 3 smallish paragraphs for each question (I'd guess at around 100-150 words max) and I have got through to the assessment centre. A lot of the time it's about the quality of what you're putting across, not the quantity. I was also very short on my video answers, but I got across the important information.

Thanks for the reply! That’s given me a bit of relief😩 I hope I've done well enough too 😌 I’m just worried because I got through last year but wasn’t sure I’d it’s what I wanted at the time & really hoping to get through this year too... congrats on getting through as well though! :smile:
Original post by Sim-97
Thanks for the reply! That’s given me a bit of relief😩 I hope I've done well enough too 😌 I’m just worried because I got through last year but wasn’t sure I’d it’s what I wanted at the time & really hoping to get through this year too... congrats on getting through as well though! :smile:

Did you do the assessment centre last year?
Reply 69
Original post by Wayne brewer
Did you do the assessment centre last year?

Yeah I attended the assessment centre :smile:
Original post by Sim-97
Yeah I attended the assessment centre :smile:

What was the feedback like if you don't mind me asking and how was it?
Reply 71
Original post by AshAli7867
What was the feedback like if you don't mind me asking and how was it?

The feedback last year wasn’t as useful as what I’d imagine this years to be like. I’m only saying this as this year they even provide feedback for the online assessments, whereas last year there wasn’t any at all. So I’d imagine the assessment centre feedback for this year, will be much more useful in the future.
Original post by Sim-97
The feedback last year wasn’t as useful as what I’d imagine this years to be like. I’m only saying this as this year they even provide feedback for the online assessments, whereas last year there wasn’t any at all. So I’d imagine the assessment centre feedback for this year, will be much more useful in the future.

I didn't get any feedback from the online assessment? and what did you do at the assessment centre last year?
Original post by Wayne brewer
I didn't get any feedback from the online assessment? and what did you do at the assessment centre last year?

Just looked at the email again and I did get feedback
Reply 74
Has anyone got a date for the assessment centre yet? My application with the Met is moving quite fast in comparison.
Reply 75
Original post by laiane
Has anyone got a date for the assessment centre yet? My application with the Met is moving quite fast in comparison.

Snap! My application with Northumbria Police is already at the 'Interview with the Chief Constable stage!'

Heard nothing more though from Police Now regarding dates. I suspect they are waiting for a specific number of online applications before committing to assessment centre dates. I noticed they are now targeting specific locations for new applications. "West Midlands Police: Now recruiting Neighbourhood officers" was part of their instagram ads yesterday.
Anyone applied for the Devon & Cornwall Police through the normal route? The process is going a bit slow, and I am just curious if that’s just happening for me
Reply 77
Original post by SophieBailey
Anyone applied for the Devon & Cornwall Police through the normal route? The process is going a bit slow, and I am just curious if that’s just happening for me

What stage are you at? From my experience with Northumbria, They are interviewing in October. Assessment Centre scheduled for December. First intake not until March 2020. So I suspect they all have a slow, but thorough process, with thousands of applications to sift through.
Can anyone help me I need to do my online assessment and was just wondering the video questions do you get any time to prepare for them? Like does it show you a question then give you a few mins to think of an answer or is it straight into it?
Reply 79
Original post by danielleashlee
Can anyone help me I need to do my online assessment and was just wondering the video questions do you get any time to prepare for them? Like does it show you a question then give you a few mins to think of an answer or is it straight into it?

It gives you 2min to prepare!

Quick Reply

Latest