The Student Room Group

Don't like girls the same background as me?

Hi

I'm a guy of Indian descent and have been struggling with liking girls of my own background. I've tried and want to but for some reason have issues with this. All the girls I've been with have been non-Indian too.
What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi

I'm a guy of Indian descent and have been struggling with liking girls of my own background. I've tried and want to but for some reason have issues with this. All the girls I've been with have been non-Indian too.
What should I do?

Try ti find the reason you don't like those girls. if you have some sisters or maybe any girl in your family or anyone of your own background try spending more time with them. But if you still don't like them then there is nothing to worry about it's fine if you cannot like them. I think you are talking about marrying a girl of your own background. So yes our families want us to get married to the same background girls but it does not matter. Be with who you like.
lol unlucky boy, hopefully the bird you get shafted with doesn’t look like the ones from east is east
Reply 3
Try ti find the reason you don't like those girls. if you have some sisters or maybe any girl in your family or anyone of your own background try spending more time with them. But if you still don't like them then there is nothing to worry about it's fine if you cannot like them. I think you are talking about marrying a girl of your own background. So yes our families want us to get married to the same background girls but it does not matter. Be with who you like.

I think it's because when growing up you have the idea of an arranged marriage ingrained in you. And actually you sort of look forward to it. But seeing all these girls the same background as you dating/sleeping with guys outside the culture, sort of puts me off. I've done the same but didn't turn out a success. Also arranged marriage is on the wane in my generation.
It's sort of like - if they're dating around, why shouldn't I?
Reply 4
Original post by 4StarsOutOf5
lol unlucky boy, hopefully the bird you get shafted with doesn’t look like the ones from east is east

Lol.
But to be fair the girls from my community/culture are pretty hot.
Reply 5
I'm Pakistani and I used to feel the same about Pakistani men to be honest.
Reply 6
I think it's because when growing up you have the idea of an arranged marriage ingrained in you. And actually you sort of look forward to it. But seeing all these girls the same background as you dating/sleeping with guys outside the culture, sort of puts me off. I've done the same but didn't turn out a success. Also arranged marriage is on the wane in my generation.
It's sort of like - if they're dating around, why shouldn't I?

I know a lot of men of my background mess around pre-marriage but just because they do it (albeit it very much annoying me) I wouldn't ever go down that route because it's something I'm really not interested in.
In the same way, you shouldn't date because the women do because some won't.
Reply 7
Original post by -Quava-
I'm Pakistani and I used to feel the same about Pakistani men to be honest.

I've noticed on here before there seemed to be a sizable number of south asian women not too keen on south asian men...
Reply 8
Original post by -Quava-
I know a lot of men of my background mess around pre-marriage but just because they do it (albeit it very much annoying me) I wouldn't ever go down that route because it's something I'm really not interested in.
In the same way, you shouldn't date because the women do because some won't.

But our generation the majority are dating. I don’t want to be that guy that an Indian girl settle downs with after having their fun. You shouldn’t either.
I think I’ve made my decision really. Can’t help it if I’m put off. There are some nice girls outside the culture anyway.
You should consider doing the same if you feel like I do.
Reply 9
Original post by ANM775
I've noticed on here before there seemed to be a sizable number of south asian women not too keen on south asian men...

For me, I find that the Asain mothers have really ruined their sons. There is a lot of value on sons so they're modicoddled and spoon fed from an early age and they tend to be really dependent and come with a lot of issues. Where as, the women get away with nothing so we're expected to educate well and cook and clean and take care of the entire family so on the whole we tend to be stronger and more independent.
There will obviously be exceptions but from the family and culturally heavy community I'm from, this is how it works and I'm not a fan. It's also not really Islamic as well so I'd rather not.
For other women it might just be preferences. Some women prefer black men or white men ect. It varies.
But our generation the majority are dating. I don’t want to be that guy that an Indian girl settle downs with after having their fun. You shouldn’t either.
I think I’ve made my decision really. Can’t help it if I’m put off. There are some nice girls outside the culture anyway.
You should consider doing the same if you feel like I do.

Yeah I really don't want to the woman a man settles down with after having all their fun either.
At the same time I don't want history and it also goes against my religious values and practices.
But then again, like you said it is the majority. So there will be those with a clean history (in the minority so very few but there still.)
Original post by -Quava-
For me, I find that the Asain mothers have really ruined their sons. There is a lot of value on sons so they're modicoddled and spoon fed from an early age and they tend to be really dependent and come with a lot of issues. Where as, the women get away with nothing so we're expected to educate well and cook and clean and take care of the entire family so on the whole we tend to be stronger and more independent.
There will obviously be exceptions but from the family and culturally heavy community I'm from, this is how it works and I'm not a fan. It's also not really Islamic as well so I'd rather not.
For other women it might just be preferences. Some women prefer black men or white men ect. It varies.

I just want a nice guy who is also fish :u:
Original post by Dunya
I just want a nice guy who is also fish :u:

I just want a nice guy that holds the Bin Laden heritage :u:
Any girls that can shed insight into this?
theres nothing you can do, you are who you are

i'm asian too and have honestly never been attracted to asian men. i'm not ashamed of my culture or anything, i've just never seen one that i'm attracted to. even zayn malik who literally seems to be the only asian guy that most girls find attractive, i don't fancy him at all. i don't think i'm racist, just a product of my environment. having grown up in a predominately white area and having mostly white friends i guess that on the inside i see myself as a white girl and therefore am attracted to white guys only.
I’m an Asian guy myself but I do cringe a lot when I see the TEP’s. You know, the British Asians acting like they’re still back in the homeland with their chavvy voices and cringey walks. They also HAVE to be in groups all the time 😂🤢. Ik this is completely irrelevant

i'm asian too and have honestly never been attracted to asian men. i'm not ashamed of my culture or anything, i've just never seen one that i'm attracted to. even zayn malik who literally seems to be the only asian guy that most girls find attractive, i don't fancy him at all. i don't think i'm racist, just a product of my environment. having grown up in a predominately white area and having mostly white friends i guess that on the inside i see myself as a white girl and therefore am attracted to white guys only.

A bit racist to rule out a whole race, hiding behind 'environment'?
What's the problem?
Everyone has their own dating deal breakers and personal attraction preferences. :smile:
Some people have a minimum height dealbreaker, won't date smokers/overweight people or anyone who consumes meat & dairy.
Others prefer to date those with a specific body type, are attracted by a particular hair/eye colour or will only date people who share their own religious or political beliefs.

You have the freedom to choose what you are looking for in a partner.
A relationship with someone you are not attracted to or incompatible with- will almost certainly end badly.
A bit racist to rule out a whole race, hiding behind 'environment'?

pretty hypocritical coming from you but ok...

“on the inside i see myself as a white girl”

and that’s because you live in a majority white area and white friends?
Attachment not found

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending