The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi, what are my chances for King's as an international with predicted IB of 42, UCAT avg 690 band 2?
I am also thinking of SGUL, Bristol, Manchester and Nottingham.
(edited 4 years ago)
@GANFYD please could you tell me my chances. My GCSE's were 3.5A* 6A 1B and my UCAT was 722.5 B1. I'm also resitting Bio and chem as I got ABB in my A levels, but I am predicted A*A in them
Reply 82
Original post by yazh0010
@GANFYD please could you tell me my chances. My GCSE's were 3.5A* 6A 1B and my UCAT was 722.5 B1. I'm also resitting Bio and chem as I got ABB in my A levels, but I am predicted A*A in them

Hard to say as you would get no marks for GCSEs unless you have contextual points, but likely full marks for UCAT. This would have been just about enough in previous years, but depends on the cohort applying this year. If you like it, it is probably close enough to go for it if you have other safe choices
Reply 83
Hi:
My daughter is an international student.
The UCAT score is 717.5,band2.
The predict score:4A*
She want to apply King’s medicine.
How about the chance?
Hi,I wanted to know if I stand a chance of getting an interview in kcl for medicine? My Ucat score is 645 and band 1Gcses: 9,9,9,9,8,8,7,7,7,7
Reply 85
Do I stand a chance of getting an interview?
A-levels: ABB (resitting Bio and Maths)
GCSEs:9, 9, 7, 7 A*s,2 As
UCAT: 747.5 Band 3

Do personal statements hold any weight in the application process or is it only GCSEs and UCAT?
Reply 86
GCSEs: 5A*s,3As,1B
A-levels: (re-sitting), predicted A*,A,A
UCAT: 707.5 Band 2
Do I have a chance of getting an interview ( taking into consideration I am a re-sit student) ?
Guys i got 610 average. I was thinking if applying to kcl. Do i now hv chance given that i hv 10A* in gcses and 4A* expected in alevels. A lot of extracurriculars as well
Reply 88
If you're a resit applicant and do succeed in getting an offer, will KCL have grade requirements of A*A*A instead of the standard offer A*AA? Only asking because I've heard they usually consider resit applicants as less competitive to a non-resit applicant.
Reply 89
I'm an EU student, I got 2810 band 2 in my UCAT and my grades are equivalent to all A* GCSE, a my predicted grades are also equivalent to all A*. I want to apply to KCL. What are my chances of getting an interview?
Is it worth applying to Kings for medicine if I'm resitting and got BBC first time? My UCAT score is 707. And my predictions will be A*AA.
Original post by mcdonaldkylie
Is it worth applying to Kings for medicine if I'm resitting and got BBC first time? My UCAT score is 707. And my predictions will be A*AA.

depends on your GCSE's
I don't know if my UCAT is competitive enough to apply... 2780 UCAT, band 2 (VR 740, DM 730, QR 700, AR 610).
Highest honours French baccalaureate (apparently A*AA, but A* in chemistry, bio and maths).
18 yo EU student with 1st biomed/law BSc (A- average GPA) from Canada.
I don't know anything about GCSEs, and KCL didn't mention them for French students when I emailed them?
What do you think?
Original post by mcdonaldkylie

I'm in the same position as you, it says that referees are recommended to include information about the student's circumstances but what if you don't have any? I know people that got in without any special circumstances.
Do you know what email I can contact KCL admissions with? I gave them a call but the guy on the phone sounded like he was bs'ing his way through my question.
Hi, DS wants to go to KCL. He has:
7 A*s, 2 As in GCSE
2600 UKCAT
Achieved A* in Maths, Predicted A* A* A*

Does he stand a chance of getting an interview, considering that he has averaged 650 in the UKCAT, which seems to be the borderline for Kings?
Many Thanks!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by yazh0010
depends on your GCSE's

5A*'s 2A's 3B's
Hey guys,

I did my ucat a few days ago and got 3240 band 1.

I was wondering if this mean I have a good chance at interview, i think my personal statement is on the weaker side compared to others but will this make up for it? Also do kings look at gcses and a level predictions as well?

Does anyone know how they shortlist for interview?
Reply 97
Original post by jman3-2-2-2
Hey guys,

I did my ucat a few days ago and got 3240 band 1.

I was wondering if this mean I have a good chance at interview, i think my personal statement is on the weaker side compared to others but will this make up for it? Also do kings look at gcses and a level predictions as well?

Does anyone know how they shortlist for interview?

Have you read the rest of the thread?
Kings use GCSEs 40%, WP 10% UCAT 45% SJT 5%
Hi, my stats are:
GCSEs: 999999998A*
UCAT: 692.5 (2770) SJT Band 3
Predicted grades: A*A*A*A*

Do I have a chance? I'm worried that my SJT is too low.... The other option I'm considering is Southampton. Which one is safer?
Original post by Diamond1517
Hi, my stats are:
GCSEs: 999999998A*
UCAT: 692.5 (2770) SJT Band 3
Predicted grades: A*A*A*A*

Do I have a chance? I'm worried that my SJT is too low.... The other option I'm considering is Southampton. Which one is safer?

Southampton is safer for sure

Latest

Trending

Trending