The Student Room Group

Epq help

I have recently starting A-Levels, having chosen Maths, History, Physics and EPQ. I am highly struggling in EPQ to pick one question. I know what I would want to write about which is based around the idea of mental health. My four top topic questions are :
-Psychopaths : Nurture vs Nature
-To what extent do genes affect a person's body to have bipolar disorder (or any other mental illnesses)
-When do emotions start becoming mental illnesses?
-Is addiction/(mental illnesses) a result of nurture or nature?

These are rough plans of my main ideas, but what do you guys think is the best??? HELP
Original post by Magguyyyy
I have recently starting A-Levels, having chosen Maths, History, Physics and EPQ. I am highly struggling in EPQ to pick one question. I know what I would want to write about which is based around the idea of mental health. My four top topic questions are :
-Psychopaths : Nurture vs Nature
-To what extent do genes affect a person's body to have bipolar disorder (or any other mental illnesses)
-When do emotions start becoming mental illnesses?
-Is addiction/(mental illnesses) a result of nurture or nature?

These are rough plans of my main ideas, but what do you guys think is the best??? HELP

You are along the right lines, but need to develop your ideas more, Part of that is researching and having a look what resources are out there and becoming more of an expert in each topic. Is there enough to write 5000 words on? How much reading about mental illness have you done?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
You are along the right lines, but need to develop your ideas more, Part of that is researching and having a look what resources are out there and becoming more of an expert in each topic. Is there enough to write 5000 words on? How much reading about mental illness have you done?

Thanks for the reply. I have done quite a bit of reading on the topic of m.h as my school offers a vast amount of recourses for the topic. I don’t know how to make them more specific. Help?
Original post by Magguyyyy
Thanks for the reply. I have done quite a bit of reading on the topic of m.h as my school offers a vast amount of recourses for the topic. I don’t know how to make them more specific. Help?

Just do 1 or 2 page essay plans for each.
It can consist of bullet points and questions. Intro, para/ part 1-10 and conclusion.
#
You need to know how you will construct an answer that investigates each area you want to show the reader on your journey.

Amefish wrote this guide.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4846922

Quick Reply

Latest