The Student Room Group

Why can't I just get rid of this toxic person? Instead of coming back.

'You know when you read those stories about people letting themselves be treated like a mug for talking to a person that's toxic? Well, I thought I wouldn't be like that, I thought I would just pie them off and that would be the end of it. But nope. Now, I think I've posted so many times about this guy on here that I wouldn't be surprised if you recognised my dilemma.

Anyway, been chatting to this guy for pretty much 2 months now. I met him off tinder [yeah, I know] . To cut a story short, we've facetimed, phoned, never met and the 'whatever it is between us' has been non-stop rocky. He's the most confusing person ever. I've been nothing but straight up with him. I just assumed if he weren't interested he would have just blanked me which he has done the once when we supposed to meet up the next day. There are so many red flags but I can't stop messaging him.

Anyway, yesterday was the second time I left him on read, knowing it was best thing to do for myself. I lasted for about five hours until I messaged back.

And now we're back at square one, the whole taking forever to reply, active on insta and saying 'of course I'm interested, no I'm not leading you on'.

I hate that I'm being weak. The last guy who was like this, in less than two weeks, I ended that. So, why can't I do it to this guy? I hate how I'm going against everything I stand for? I don't want to be weak and letting someone treat me like this.
(edited 4 years ago)
There is something rewarding for you in staying with this drama. It’s happened before too. Did your parent have this sort of relationship? Whatever the attraction, be resolute and block your way out of being able to contact him; delete his number and social media connections. Talk to a different boy you like Instead, here’s the thing though
: be wary of constructing the same drama with him and learn from this.
Reply 2
Original post by Ilovebeef19
'You know when you read those stories about people letting themselves be treated like a mug for talking to a person that's toxic? Well, I thought I wouldn't be like that, I thought I would just pie them off and that would be the end of it. But nope. Now, I think I've posted so many times about this guy on here that I wouldn't be surprised if you recognised my dilemma.

Anyway, been chatting to this guy for pretty much 2 months now. I met him off tinder [yeah, I know] . To cut a story short, we've facetimed, phoned, never met and the 'whatever it is between us' has been non-stop rocky. He's the most confusing person ever. I've been nothing but straight up with him. I just assumed if he weren't interested he would have just blanked me which he has done the once when we supposed to meet up the next day. There are so many red flags but I can't stop messaging him.

Anyway, yesterday was the second time I left him on read, knowing it was best thing to do for myself. I lasted for about five hours until I messaged back.

And now we're back at square one, the whole taking forever to reply, active on insta and saying 'of course I'm interested, no I'm not leading you on'.

I hate that I'm being weak. The last guy who was like this, in less than two weeks, I ended that. So, why can't I do it to this guy? I hate how I'm going against everything I stand for? I don't want to be weak and letting someone treat me like this.

if you've never met (and it's been 2 months!) then what's the point?
Original post by Ciel.
if you've never met (and it's been 2 months!) then what's the point?

Like I said---I have no idea. We keeping planning to meet up and it never happens. I just need to move on.
Original post by Welshvisitor
There is something rewarding for you in staying with this drama. It’s happened before too. Did your parent have this sort of relationship? Whatever the attraction, be resolute and block your way out of being able to contact him; delete his number and social media connections. Talk to a different boy you like Instead, here’s the thing though
: be wary of constructing the same drama with him and learn from this.

I think the reason why I'm staying in this drama is because it's only recently I've been getting more involved in the dating scene. I didn't used to bother. And when I facetimed this guy and he still found me attractive besides wearing no makeup etc, it boosted my confidence. I think I'm more physically attracted to him than I am personality which is why I can't understand why I can't just rid of him. I need to just take him off social media.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending