Bristol A108 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi so they judging only on UCAT?
Original post by Westy02
Hi so they judging only on UCAT?

Yes it’ll be the first year they’ve done this for gateway
Reply 22
I have a guaranteed interview for medicine, will they still be looking at my UCAT in interviews aswell?

EDIT: The guaranteed interview is in Bristol University, I am applying for Gateway Medicine.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 23
I got a guaranteed interview for Bristol gateway medicine will they still look at my UCAT in interviews?
Original post by z2002
I have a guaranteed interview for medicine, will they still be looking at my UCAT in interviews aswell?

Depends on the university. I suspect they will use it after the interview if they need to decide between you and someone who scored equally for a place. What uni is it?
Original post by z2002
I got a guaranteed interview for Bristol gateway medicine will they still look at my UCAT in interviews?

No, its only your Interview score that will be looked at then - for all applicants who get to Interview stage.
Reply 26
Original post by Razza2000
Depends on the university. I suspect they will use it after the interview if they need to decide between you and someone who scored equally for a place. What uni is it?

Bristol University, I am applying for gateway medicine
What ucat did you get?
This question has already been answered on the Bristol A108 thread - no more replies please.
Original post by z2002
Bristol University, I am applying for gateway medicine

yeah, I had a look at the website and it doesn't have much on it. I don't think you should worry too much about it if you already have an interview. They shouldn't really ask about it at interview. If the uni has guaranteed you an interview without any conditions then they can't retract that offer. I wouldn't be worried if your score is above or around average but that depends on the other applicants they receive. I would just focus on performing well at interview so you aren't put in a limbo state where they need to compare your UCAT with someone else. Depends if your score to be honest
This question has already been answered on the Bristol A108 thread - no more replies please.
Reply 31
Original post by returnmigrant

Why is this a nuisance to you? I have asked this question to see other people's opinions
Reply 32
Original post by wxgmak
What ucat did you get?

I didn't have a great ucat :/, I had around 530 average and Band 2 in SJT, my verbal reasoning lowered it down
Reply 33
yeah, I had a look at the website and it doesn't have much on it. I don't think you should worry too much about it if you already have an interview. They shouldn't really ask about it at interview. If the uni has guaranteed you an interview without any conditions then they can't retract that offer. I wouldn't be worried if your score is above or around average but that depends on the other applicants they receive. I would just focus on performing well at interview so you aren't put in a limbo state where they need to compare your UCAT with someone else. Depends if your score to be honest

Yeah, thank you :smile:, do you know the best way to prepare for an interview?
The Admissions Statement for the Bristol Gateway course A108 has useful information that answers this question and many others. Follow the link at the bottom of the course page on the Bristol website : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/2020/medicine/mb-chb-gateway-to-medicine/
Original post by z2002
Yeah, thank you :smile:, do you know the best way to prepare for an interview?

just practice tbh. get your friends or teachers or family to ask you a bunch of questions. check how they do interviews at Bristol like what types of questions they ask and think about what answers you can give. maybe see on here or on YouTube if anyone has done interviews at Bristol for your course or just medicine ones in general. in my experience, YouTube has lots of videos with tips and advice so check it out. if you r lucky there will be past interview questions on there too. just practice talking to someone about yourself in a strange room or new environment. good luck
Reply 36
Original post by returnmigrant
The Admissions Statement for the Bristol Gateway course A108 has useful information that answers this question and many others. Follow the link at the bottom of the course page on the Bristol website : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/2020/medicine/mb-chb-gateway-to-medicine/

I have looked at the website quite a lot and not have found anything useful, that's why I have asked this question.
Reply 37
just practice tbh. get your friends or teachers or family to ask you a bunch of questions. check how they do interviews at Bristol like what types of questions they ask and think about what answers you can give. maybe see on here or on YouTube if anyone has done interviews at Bristol for your course or just medicine ones in general. in my experience, YouTube has lots of videos with tips and advice so check it out. if you r lucky there will be past interview questions on there too. just practice talking to someone about yourself in a strange room or new environment. good luck

Ooo I shall, thank you so much! :smile:
Original post by z2002
I have looked at the website quite a lot and not have found anything useful, that's why I have asked this question.

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/after-you-apply/interviews/medicine/

And if you are a Bristol Scholar you will preparation help for interviews.
Original post by z2002
I didn't have a great ucat :/, I had around 530 average and Band 2 in SJT, my verbal reasoning lowered it down

My ucat wasn’t too great. Did you already get called for an interview? Or did you complete a summer school or something to get a guaranteed interview? Good luck! I wish you all the best :smile: !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending