The Student Room Group

HC1 form

So I needed an inhaler, go to the chemist with a prescription and I’m 19 so they tell me I have to pay so I did. But I’m still in college (not at uni) full time education and my mum receives child tax credit for me? I don’t work. Do I still need to fill this in or what do I do?
Original post by Lifeismad
So I needed an inhaler, go to the chemist with a prescription and I’m 19 so they tell me I have to pay so I did. But I’m still in college (not at uni) full time education and my mum receives child tax credit for me? I don’t work. Do I still need to fill this in or what do I do?

You need to ask for a form from the chemist or gp practice that dis-includes you from the fees of prescriptions. Why didn’t you question it at the chemist?
Reply 2
Original post by Hazzabear
You need to ask for a form from the chemist or gp practice that dis-includes you from the fees of prescriptions. Why didn’t you question it at the chemist?

Wdym? They said everyone 19+ has to fill in this form and just handed over a form but it doesn’t make sense
Reply 3
Original post by Lifeismad
Wdym? They said everyone 19+ has to fill in this form and just handed over a form but it doesn’t make sense

The HC1 form is an application for the NHS Low Income Scheme:
https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/help-with-health-costs/nhs-low-income-scheme-lis/

It's not true that "everyone 19+ has to fill in this form". It only has to be filled in by people on low incomes if they're not otherwise eligible for free prescriptions. There's obviously no point in filling it in if you know you're not eligible. Details are on the page I linked to above.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending