The Student Room Group

Plymouth A102 2020 Entry

Welcome to the University of Plymouth A102 (BMBS Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery with Foundation (Year 0)) 2020 Entry Discussion.

For general information click: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bmbs-bachelor-of-medicine-bachelor-of-surgery-with-foundation-year-0

For entry requirements click: (see above)

Plymouth Medicine 2020 Offer Holders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6340424

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm currently working towards getting on the medicine degree with foundation year at Plymouth University. I'm 23 years old. I've looked on their website and nothing says it's only for direct school leavers, nor does it say mature students welcome. But on the 5year medicine degree, the page states the entry requirements for direct school leavers AND mature students. Also, at the open days, no one asked about my age (but I do look young for my age) Would I be rejected for my age?
Has any mature student been accepted onto a medicine course with foundation year?
Reply 2
Hi
So the foundation programme is new this year with the first cohort starting in September so there isn't much prescedent out there I would have thought.
However it might be worth asking on the current Plymouth med thread for people who applied this year and hope to be starting in September as there are some people who have posted that have offers for the foundation programme that might be able to help.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5555922
The best thing to do is email the med admissions team as they are the people to contact about this sort of question.
Reply 3
Hi
I am a mature student aspiring to study medicine (with a foundation year) in 2020.
Anyone applying or gotten onto the course?
Are the courses with a foundation year competitive?
Would a mature student (23yrs) stand a chance applying to a foundation year course?
What were your expirences like studying on the foundation year for medicine?
Many thanks
Reply 4
I want to apply for 2020 entry. I know the foundation year is new to the Uni. Does anyone know if the foundation course is competitive and popular?

Thanks
I am thinking about applying here to do medicine but I havent done A level biology and they require that. I do A level Maths and chemistry with one other subject. Do you guys think I have any chance of getting accepted to their foundation year course
Original post by SKhagrid
I am thinking about applying here to do medicine but I havent done A level biology and they require that. I do A level Maths and chemistry with one other subject. Do you guys think I have any chance of getting accepted to their foundation year course

I have also emailed the university and now just waiting for a reply
Reply 7
What is the UCAT like with plymouth in foundation year medicine as i have not done particularly well
Original post by z2002
What is the UCAT like with plymouth in foundation year medicine as i have not done particularly well

They don’t do a UCAT with the foundation year :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Hazzabear
They don’t do a UCAT with the foundation year :smile:

Oh wow that's so great!!
Reply 10
With the eligibility criteria in plymouth gateway medicine, do you have to have at least 4 to apply? and would that mean an instant rejection if you dont have that?
Original post by z2002
Oh wow that's so great!!

It just makes it more competitive.
Does Plymouth interview everyone who meets the entry criteria? If not how do they select people for interview?
Original post by Mckailer
Does Plymouth interview everyone who meets the entry criteria? If not how do they select people for interview?

Yes, the university will do interviews to applicants who meet the criteria.
Reply 14
Just to make sure, this course is for undergraduates as in people who don't have a degree? my friend is confusing me
Original post by z2002
Just to make sure, this course is for undergraduates as in people who don't have a degree? my friend is confusing me

Yes:
"We welcome applications from home/EU direct school leavers, students who have not achieved a first degree, and refugees currently residing in UK/EU. All applicants must have achieved the required A levels, or equivalent level qualification, no more than five years prior to submitting a UCAS application."
Reply 16
Original post by Mckailer
Yes:
"We welcome applications from home/EU direct school leavers, students who have not achieved a first degree, and refugees currently residing in UK/EU. All applicants must have achieved the required A levels, or equivalent level qualification, no more than five years prior to submitting a UCAS application."

ah right thank you :smile:
hi anyone else applied to Plymouth :smile:
Original post by Teacup:)
I want to apply for 2020 entry. I know the foundation year is new to the Uni. Does anyone know if the foundation course is competitive and popular?

Thanks

Hey did you end up applying
Can’t find anyone who’s applied for Plymouth
Hi guys,

I’ve applied to this course. If anyone here live in Plymouth or have been to Plymouth can you please tell me about the city. Last thing I want is to be stuck in a place I don’t like for 6 years.

Thank you.

Latest

Trending

Trending