The Student Room Group

Man sues Apple claiming iPhone turned him gay

Now this - this is good news. Not good as in, it's nice to hear, but it's just good.
LOL!
Given that the man is Russian, I find it more plausible that he was forcibly outed in some way, and (given that gay men are routinely beaten and killed in Russia for being gay) is mounting a public lawsuit using this cryptocurrency/app to essentially place the "blame" for being gay on a third arty to try and avoid being persecuted for being gay. I wonder also if the lawsuit might require he attend court in the US, as if so he may well claim for asylum on arrival...

Of course it may be as absurd as it appears on the surface. However from what I've seen cases involving lawsuits by individuals against large companies are rarely as absurd as painted in the media and are usually rather tragic stories when you understand the victim/plaintiff/complainant's motivations and experiences (e.g. Liebeck v. McDonald's).
(edited 4 years ago)
Mine keeps showing me **** pics and I keep getting notifications from Grindr. I’m pretty sure I’m going to turn gay soon if I don’t stop meeting up with those friendly guys. I don’t mind the sex at all, I’m just afraid I’ll turn gay if I meet any more. If he succeeds I’m gonna sue too.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by artful_lounger
Given that the man is Russian, I find it more plausible that he was forcibly outed in some way, and (given that gay men are routinely beaten and killed in Russia for being gay)

Do you have any evidence to back up this claim?
I wonder also if the lawsuit might require he attend court in the US, as if so he may well claim for asylum on arrival...

This would seem to be bordering on a conspiracy theory now...?

This is it. This is what makes me find humanity kinda tolerable
Original post by Napp

They literally linked an article about the death of a prominent LGBT rights activist in the very article under discussion: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49081626

Thanks for reminding me of your perennial inability to add anything constructive to a discussion however.
Reply 8
Original post by artful_lounger
They literally linked an article about the death of a prominent LGBT rights activist in the very article under discussion: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49081626

Are you being intentionally obtuse or do you seriously not understand what the word 'routinely' means?

Thanks for reminding me of your perennial inability to add anything constructive to a discussion however.

Oh bless you sweetie :lol: Is the best you can do, when someone calls out your horse****, really just throw around cute little insults?
Cos it did!
Original post by Napp

This would seem to be bordering on a conspiracy theory now...?

They literally have concentration camps for gay people in chehenya which is under Russian juristiction.
Gotta make that schmoney somehow 🤑🤑
Reply 12
They literally have concentration camps for gay people in chehenya which is under Russian juristiction.

De facto not de jure. Mr Kadyrov runs the place how he sees fit, irrespective of Moscow's opinion on the matter. Their view is quite simple, he has near enough complete free reign so long as he keeps Chechnya in Moscows orbit and squashes the terrorist threat from there (and keeps it squashed).
Original post by Napp

De facto not de jure. Mr Kadyrov runs the place how he sees fit, irrespective of Moscow's opinion on the matter. Their view is quite simple, he has near enough complete free reign so long as he keeps Chechnya in Moscows orbit and squashes the terrorist threat from there (and keeps it squashed).
That doesn't matter. It's part of Russia. You said it didn't happen in Russia. It does happen in chehenya which is a federal subject of Russia so you're wrong.
Reply 14
Original post by AJ126y

That doesn't matter. It's part of Russia. You said it didn't happen in Russia. It does happen in chehenya which is a federal subject of Russia so you're wrong.
So you're basing your entire argument on a rather flawed interpretation of how Russia and Chechnya are governed bound up in a technicality? Cute :lol:
I honestly don't know what's worse: the article, or all the broken tags in this thread. :erm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending