The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi guyssss
My gcses are : 1A*4As6Bs
Predicted: AAA + A in EPQ
achieved A in german in year 12(native speaker)

Ucat : 570 ( i know its terrible)

Is it wise to still apply here??
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 21
Hello all,

My GCSES : A*A*AAAAABBBBBB
My Predicted grades: ABB A- Biology, B- Chemistry, B in Computer science, I also do welsh baccalaureate
UCAT: 530 (very bad :frown: )
Apply. People that got 650+ would be applying to the normal 5 year courses. They look at you as a whole rather than just UCAT.
Help! I really want to apply for the EDMP but i feel like my Gcses will let me down: 876666655 and a A. Also i don't know what to think to my UCAT bc i got 665 average B2 which is okay but i was hoping for a higher score to compensate for low GCSE'S.

Ps Predicted ABB....
You’ve probably got better GCSEs that so many people applying for this cause honestly!
hey guys , i jsut did my uckcat yesterday and I got 630. My GCSE's are 5A*s, 1B and rest are As. I have an achieved a level of ABB. Do you guys think I applying to this course is a good choice? I feel like my ukcat is a bit low.
Reply 26
Having a UCAT of 530, is it even worth for me to apply to the extended medicine course for KCL?
Original post by THEallstar2111
hey guys , i jsut did my uckcat yesterday and I got 630. My GCSE's are 5A*s, 1B and rest are As. I have an achieved a level of ABB. Do you guys think I applying to this course is a good choice? I feel like my ukcat is a bit low.

Same but at least your GCSE's are good, just go for it !! Where else you thinking of applying to ?
Original post by auha54321
Same but at least your GCSE's are good, just go for it !! Where else you thinking of applying to ?

Other unis are really just nottingham with foundation year. There are 2 different unis there ,so in total so far i have 3 unis im applying to.
Original post by Abraham2111
Other unis are really just nottingham with foundation year. There are 2 different unis there ,so in total so far i have 3 unis im applying to.

What is the ucat cut off for Nottingham with a foundation year?
Original post by wxgmak
What is the ucat cut off for Nottingham with a foundation year?

I dont think they have a cut off. they just ranked using everything which is good coz if you have bad ukcat then u can still be considered for interview if you have good GCSE etc
Good luck with applications guys I will keep you posted.
Original post by aalixyh
Good luck with applications guys I will keep you posted.

The deadline is 15th oct right?
Reply 33
Original post by Abraham2111
The deadline is 15th oct right?

yeah
Hi guys! I've already applied to this degree. I'll let everyone know what happens. So, my stats are:Predicted grades : A*AA (Chem,maths,bio)GCSES: 4 8's, 2 7's, 3 6's and an A*UCAT : 585 (total score of 2340)I really think that my UCAT is not good enough but I read that someone got in with 580 so I'm really hoping I'll get at least an interview.I got A*AA predictions but I'm eligible for this course and my UCAT wasn't the best :frown:
Hey guys, you know when kcl say the ACORN postcode has to be 4 or 5, does it mean it has to say 4 next to your postcode and say finacilally stretched. Im not sure whether my postcode is eligible or not.
For those interested in applying to Kcl, this is a complete list of all applicants last year, their gcses, predicted grades, ucat scores and whether they got an interview, an offer or a rejection.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/593242/response/1410286/attach/2/Annex%20A.xlsx?cookie_passthrough=1
Original post by GeoElectric
For those interested in applying to Kcl, this is a complete list of all applicants last year, their gcses, predicted grades, ucat scores and whether they got an interview, an offer or a rejection.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/593242/response/1410286/attach/2/Annex%20A.xlsx?cookie_passthrough=1

Thank you!
Original post by Mohammad Eisa
Thank you!

Original post by GeoElectric

Btw is this data for EDMP or the normal A100?
Original post by THEallstar2111
Btw is this data for EDMP or the normal A100?

Normal a100!! Some people got in with average ucat scores

Latest

Trending

Trending