The Student Room Group

JP Morgan Tech Connect

Hi guys,

Tech Connect applications at JP Morgan have opened. I was wondering if anyone here has been through the application process and could offer some helpful tips on how to improve my application and what sort of things I could do before sending my CV in?

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,I have also applied to Tech connect this year. I was wondering if you've sent your application and heard anything back yet? Thanks
hi do you know what kind of question they will give on hirevue?
Reply 3
I have not applied yet, has anyone on here applied already?
How long after pymetrics did you get the hirevue?

My status is 'Application Reviewed' and no hirevue...
Reply 5
Got my hirevue invite about a week after the pymetrics test. During the pre-recorded interview they test your programming skills, but don't worry if you've not got any as they give you plenty of time to practice beforehand and you could also google for close answers online. In addition to the programming, they also ask basic questions like Why the programme and why do you want to be a software engineer?
(edited 4 years ago)
Any ideas on what to expect from the assessment center?
Reply 7
Original post by johanna21
Any ideas on what to expect from the assessment center?

No clue tbh. Read on glassdoor somewhere that there'll be a group assessment and then an interview with behavioural and technical questions.
Has anyone applied for Jan start? Do you know when we'll hear about interviews/when they're likely to be?
Reply 9
Original post by gales123
Has anyone applied for Jan start? Do you know when we'll hear about interviews/when they're likely to be?

Meeee! I think it depends on when you submit your application. For me it's taken just about a month from application up to receiving my invite for the assessment centre. My AC is scheduled for the 14/10
Original post by whodis
Meeee! I think it depends on when you submit your application. For me it's taken just about a month from application up to receiving my invite for the assessment centre. My AC is scheduled for the 14/10

Same here! Mine's also on the 14th
Oh interesting, thanks! Do you have the dates for the later ACs yet?
Original post by whodis

How long after hireview did it take you to hear about AC? And when did you actually hear you got the AC?
Reply 13
Original post by gales123
How long after hireview did it take you to hear about AC? And when did you actually hear you got the AC?

Got my Hirevue invite on 8th Sept and invite to the AC on 1st October
Reply 14
Has anyone been turned down after Hirevue? My video section went well but the programming part was awful so I'll definitely be getting rejected. Completed Hirevue on 11/09 but just wondering if JP Morgan only gets back to you if you're successful?
Reply 15
Has anyone who applied for Summer 2020 start been invited for AC? Thanks!
Reply 16
Original post by dornam
Has anyone who applied for Summer 2020 start been invited for AC? Thanks!

I have! Not sure where yours is based but in the first email it gave me a Glasgow address then when I booked my place it said Edinburgh?
Reply 17
Did you apply for London at all? I only applied for London so would not be able to make an AC in Scotland.
Reply 18
No I've applied for Glasgow. I think they'll hold assessment centres all over. A lot of companies don't do any ACs in Scotland so I was expecting to have to travel. If you've applied for London I'm fairly confident you'll go to a London AC.
Reply 19
Has anyone who applied for Tech Connect 2020 London gotten an invite to an AC yet? I completed my Hirevue at the start of August. It says my application is still Under Review. Has anyone received any rejection email?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply