The Student Room Group

why does he try to make jealous?

The guy I am seeing somehow always tries to make me jealous. Whenever we are talking or chatting about something, he will bring up a girl (friend or even stranger) and talk about her for a few minutes.
He knows I get jealous very easily but I don't understand why he keeps doing it if he knows I don't like it.

Should I take that as he's not interested me in fully?
He might just be trying to show off his masculinity and make himself appear attractive to you.

Or he's just a douchebag & you should leave. X
Insecurity, control, immaturity. I wouldn't date a girl like this. That just leads to trouble, especially with men. That's the crap that escalates to domestic abuse. Just be weary.
Reply 3
Original post by cheerIeader
He might just be trying to show off his masculinity and make himself appear attractive to you.

Or he's just a douchebag & you should leave. X

I was thinking that also because I do get attention when we're together.

Do you think he might be interested in those girls? Because if he's talking to me about a girl for 5 minutes, I would take that as he is at least thinking about her.
Reply 4
Original post by fishies
Insecurity, control, immaturity. I wouldn't date a girl like this. That just leads to trouble, especially with men. That's the crap that escalates to domestic abuse. Just be weary.

But why when he is the only guy I am talking to. He also knows that so I don't understand why he does that. If it does continue like this, then we might not be good for each-other.
Original post by Anonymous
I was thinking that also because I do get attention when we're together.

Do you think he might be interested in those girls? Because if he's talking to me about a girl for 5 minutes, I would take that as he is at least thinking about her.

Well first of all he shouldn't be really be putting you in a position where he's talking to other girls randomly, that's a bit random and awkward. He may be interested in them but he could just be trying to impress you and show he's capable of getting attention. Either way you should maybe have a conversation about it with him if you feel you're comfortable in doing so without overreading the situation.
Reply 6
Well first of all he shouldn't be really be putting you in a position where he's talking to other girls randomly, that's a bit random and awkward. He may be interested in them but he could just be trying to impress you and show he's capable of getting attention. Either way you should maybe have a conversation about it with him if you feel you're comfortable in doing so without overreading the situation.

It's too early to say anything really, but yes you're right. It's just annoying to hear but we'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll joke about it with him.
It's too early to say anything really, but yes you're right. It's just annoying to hear but we'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll joke about it with him.

Just take a really slutty selfie and send it round the block. That'll teach him a lesson.
Reply 8
Just take a really slutty selfie and send it round the block. That'll teach him a lesson.

lmao I might actually do that. Thanks girl x
Talk about a boy who’s alpha to him.
Original post by Welshvisitor
Talk about a boy who’s alpha to him.

Should I? I don't want to be petty and do the same.
Lesson number one. This is not about you. You did nothing. Even if you did, it's still not about you. It's about him and his mental state.
But why when he is the only guy I am talking to. He also knows that so I don't understand why he does that. If it does continue like this, then we might not be good for each-other.
Original post by fishies
Lesson number one. This is not about you. You did nothing. Even if you did, it's still not about you. It's about him and his mental state.

Yes I agree with you. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending