The Student Room Group

Trading assistant interview at sainsburys

Hey guys, could someone tell me what a trading assistant does please? I have a interview coming up, but I'm only 21 I don't have much experience, will that affect my chances of getting hired for this position? Also what will they ask me in the interview please and thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by Roy101
Hey guys, could someone tell me what a trading assistant does please? I have a interview coming up, but I'm only 21 I don't have much experience, will that affect my chances of getting hired for this position? Also what will they ask me in the interview please and thank you.

Hi! I started working there not long ago. You could be doing anything because that term is now used for both stock replenishment, checkouts, office work. ((i do all)). You will get trained for all sort of jobs unless it is a bigger store. One thing sainsbury loves is passion for customers, other words every sentence you say should be more or less how you worked as a team, you enjoy people, you like helping ect. (make up how you did something for charity, or mention family members you helped baby sitting or something if you have no job relevant experience or school related) They will ask you to say examples of teamwork in real life, and how you lead a team/possibly, questions vary depending on job role really. I can tell you that if you come across genuine, friendly, professional and have some qualifications you should get through to the induction which means you are in 100%. (dont freak out if you will not get a response back, im assuming you applied online. I got an email about 12 hours before my inductions the next day.. so it can be last minute. the whole new online server we have going on is not the best haha you will soon maybe learn:wink: good luck!!!!)
Reply 2
Thank you so much for replying :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Roy101
Thank you so much for replying :smile:

How did it go?
Reply 4
Original post by Ak47_21
How did it go?

Hi, it was alright. He told me HR would get back to me by Tuesday, but they haven't.. he had other people to interview apparently too, don't know if I'm unsuccessful or still in the running :/
Original post by Roy101

have an interview for the same role, what kind of questions did they ask you? and was you successful
Reply 6
Original post by pinkypretty_x
have an interview for the same role, what kind of questions did they ask you? and was you successful

Yes, I did eventually get a job at sainsburys. They ask you stuff like why do u wanna work there what do you expect from this role, what does a trading assistant do, maybe ask you to explain to them what great customer service looks like, stuff like that. Good luck :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Roy101
Yes, I did eventually get a job at sainsburys. They ask you stuff like why do u wanna work there what do you expect from this role, what does a trading assistant do, maybe ask you to explain to them what great customer service looks like, stuff like that. Good luck :smile:

How many days after did you wait in total (after your interview)?
Reply 8
Original post by AIive
How many days after did you wait in total (after your interview)?

Um I got a phone call the next day I think
Reply 9
Original post by Roy101
Um I got a phone call the next day I think

I had an interview on Friday and so it probably isn't looking too likely for me
Reply 10
Original post by AIive
I had an interview on Friday and so it probably isn't looking too likely for me

Give them time, it usually takes up to a week xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending