The Student Room Group

Glasgow A100 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I’m a EU applicant. I am predicted 38 with 666 HL (IB).
I got 675 B1 from my UCAT and I have some relevant clinical experience. Do I stand a chance for an interview?
Reply 61
With UCAT score of 670 I’m borderline for Medicine at Glasgow. Would it be better not to waste one choice on Glasgow?
Highers 5 As,
advanced highers 3As,
ucat 670, band 2

Is it worth applying to Glasgow ?:smile:
Original post by 684637
With UCAT score of 670 I’m borderline for Medicine at Glasgow. Would it be better not to waste one choice on Glasgow?

You could either ask them or just give it a go. Make sure you have some safe choices though
Original post by lois_____
Highers 5 As,
advanced highers 3As,
ucat 670, band 2

Is it worth applying to Glasgow ?:smile:

I mean grades are good and decent UCAT. Why not?
Reply 65
According do the stats just published, the average is 621. This is the same as last year, for Scottish applicants, the cut off for 2019 entry was 663. Hope this helps
I got a 682.5 and I’m an intl student, would it be worth it to apply to glasgow? my other requirements are all met/exceeded...
Original post by S_x_x
According do the stats just published, the average is 621. This is the same as last year, for Scottish applicants, the cut off for 2019 entry was 663. Hope this helps

I got 662.5 and I am a Scottish graduate. I emailed them but no response. Is it worth me applying?
Reply 68
Original post by desperateintl
I got a 682.5 and I’m an intl student, would it be worth it to apply to glasgow? my other requirements are all met/exceeded...

The cutoff last year was 663, they only select for interview based on UCAT so you would get an interview. I doubt the "international cutoff" (I've never found anything to suggest this is significantly different from the overall cutoff at any school) if there were one wouldn't be 20 points higher.
Reply 69
Hey, can someone please help me out:
UCAT score: 2210 (terrible I know :frown:)
A scottish graduate with a 1st class biomed degree
I have exceptional circumstances and also qualify for contextual flag. The UCAT will notify the unis of how I lost some time during the exam which affected my score, bearing in mind I have a medical condition.
I have voluntary work experience and I'm also a carer.
Is it worth applying to any of the Scottish unis?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :smile:
Hi I'm not really familiar with how Glasgow invite to interview, will I be okay with UCAT 2950?
Reply 71
Original post by SummerB2
Hi I'm not really familiar with how Glasgow invite to interview, will I be okay with UCAT 2950?

yes! if you meet all their requirements (academics, personal statement, reference). Last year's cutoff was 2680. I believe the personal statement is reviewed, not scored.
Original post by Mom2
yes! if you meet all their requirements (academics, personal statement, reference). Last year's cutoff was 2680. I believe the personal statement is reviewed, not scored.

Still waiting for my reference to be written arghhhhhh my college is cutting it a bit fine
Reply 73
Original post by amnyy7
Hey, can someone please help me out:
UCAT score: 2210 (terrible I know :frown:)
A scottish graduate with a 1st class biomed degree
I have exceptional circumstances and also qualify for contextual flag. The UCAT will notify the unis of how I lost some time during the exam which affected my score, bearing in mind I have a medical condition.
I have voluntary work experience and I'm also a carer.
Is it worth applying to any of the Scottish unis?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :smile:

Can someone please guide me on this? Would you recommend taking a gap year and apply again next year and leave this year as my ucat score is too low?
Thank you.
Has anyone who submitted their ucas application received a confirmation email yet from Glasgow saying that they have received your application?
Reply 75
Original post by amnyy7
Can someone please guide me on this? Would you recommend taking a gap year and apply again next year and leave this year as my ucat score is too low?
Thank you.

Nobody is really going to be able to help with this, I'm afraid, as there are just too many variables.
You are nowhere near the cut off for Glasgow, but we don't know how much they will adjust things for extenuating circumstances and a contextual flag (though these are not normally applied to Graduates).
Aberdeen is probably the most likely to consider you, then St Andrews, then Dundee, Glasgow, Edinburgh, but I am pretty much guessing here, based on what a school leaver would need.
There is nothing to stop you applying but preparing for a gap year, and if you get lucky you may get an interview (you only need 1) and if it goes nowhere, it would be prep for next year
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by student0299
Has anyone who submitted their ucas application received a confirmation email yet from Glasgow saying that they have received your application?

No and I applied september 6th, they are the last school yet to confirm for me
Hi, I am finalizing my UCAT school choices. I want to ask to what extend Glasgow using PBL ? I read in TSR that they are changing a bit towards more lectures and etc incorporating feedback from students. Any Glasgow medic students here can share some insight ?
Reply 78
Original post by David Chan88
Hi, I am finalizing my UCAT school choices. I want to ask to what extend Glasgow using PBL ? I read in TSR that they are changing a bit towards more lectures and etc incorporating feedback from students. Any Glasgow medic students here can share some insight ?

Glasgow Medical student here,
We have 2 sessions of PBL a week, a brainstorming session at the start of the week and a feedback session at the end. To supplement this, there are various lectures that now support the topic area covered in PBL. So, Glasgow has shifted from heavy PBL to more of an integrated type, where PBL is important but is now supplemented by lectures and labs!
Original post by S_x_x
Glasgow Medical student here,
We have 2 sessions of PBL a week, a brainstorming session at the start of the week and a feedback session at the end. To supplement this, there are various lectures that now support the topic area covered in PBL. So, Glasgow has shifted from heavy PBL to more of an integrated type, where PBL is important but is now supplemented by lectures and labs!

That's a relief tbh. The heavy focus on PBL was really putting me off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending