The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by sy634
UCAS tariff: 212
UCAT Score: 2830 Band 3
GCSEs: 9999988877A*

Would I be likely to receive an interview at Queen Mary's?
Also, does QMUL give out interviews in priority order or just in a random order?

You should be fine. Not sure how interviews are handed out
Reply 81
Original post by krups2001
Ucas :236
Ucat 650

Is there a question here?
Yes is it fine for interview
Reply 83
Yes is it fine for interview

Should be OK, but helps if you ask what you would like to know? :smile:
Ucat 2530 b1, predicted A* A* A* A. I don’t know how to work out my ucas tariff so I can’t really tell how strong my chances are. Do I have a chance of an interview?

Ps- do you include AS grades in the ucas tariff or just predicted grades?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by Anna191817
Ucat 2530 b1, predicted A* A* A* A. I don’t know how to work out my ucas tariff so I can’t really tell how strong my chances are. Do I have a chance of an interview?

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator

216?? Is that enough? When I include my AS results it goes up to 276. Which is the correct one? @GANFYD
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 87
216?? Is that enough? When I include my AS results it goes up to 276. Which is the correct one? @GANFYD

You can only include AS levels you do not carry on to full A level

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/undergraduate/courses/admissions-statistics-for-medicine--dentistry/

Come on, you know how this works by now - check the websites first! :smile:
Are my results enough to grt an interview

Ucat : 2600
Ucas tarrif :236
A* epq
A*A*AA alevels
I'm confused on how Barts scores applicants, I have a tariff score of 228 and I'm in the 3rd decile for UCAT, any chance I would get an interview. An EPQ would get my tariff points to 256 if they count that?
Reply 90
Are my results enough to grt an interview

Ucat : 2600
Ucas tarrif :236
A* epq
A*A*AA alevels

Check the post literally one above yours
Ucas tariff : 200
UCAT: 2600 / 650 avg
A levels: A*(achieved) AAA(Predicted)
Gcses: A*A*A*A*A*A* (only 6 gcses due to extenuating circumstances)

Is it worth me applying to Barts ? Am i likely to get an interview ?
If not, Any suggestions ?
Reply 92
Original post by r22002020
I'm confused on how Barts scores applicants, I have a tariff score of 228 and I'm in the 3rd decile for UCAT, any chance I would get an interview. An EPQ would get my tariff points to 256 if they count that?

Original post by Seabass&lobster
Ucas tariff : 200
UCAT: 2600 / 650 avg
A levels: A*(achieved) AAA(Predicted)
Gcses: A*A*A*A*A*A* (only 6 gcses due to extenuating circumstances)

Is it worth me applying to Barts ? Am i likely to get an interview ?
If not, Any suggestions ?

It is all on their website. Link is in the post 2 or 4 above yours
I have a tariff of 224 and a ucat of 2530. The website says that a tariff of 230 could balance my ucat. Seeing as I’m so close, would I make the cut? Not trying to waste anyone’s time, I have looked at the websites but I’m not sure about this
Reply 94
I have a tariff of 224 and a ucat of 2530. The website says that a tariff of 230 could balance my ucat. Seeing as I’m so close, would I make the cut? Not trying to waste anyone’s time, I have looked at the websites but I’m not sure about this

If the cut is above your scores, you would not make it, but those are last year, so no fixed decisions made for this year (though no reason to expect changes in tariffs - scores went down last year after full linear A levels came in - and UCAT deciles similar to last year)
Original post by GANFYD
I would sit your UCAT, see what your score is and then make decisions!

Hey! I also am thinking of applying to queens mary for medical. My gcses were 9A* 1A and Im predicted 4A*s in my alevel. However I have a very low ucat score of 610 average. Should I apply? Do i stand a chance?
Reply 96
Original post by rubab zafar
Hey! I also am thinking of applying to queens mary for medical. My gcses were 9A* 1A and Im predicted 4A*s in my alevel. However I have a very low ucat score of 610 average. Should I apply? Do i stand a chance?

Check out the stats they suggest are indicative of an interview on their website
On their website they state "High Tariff of 352 supporting a low UCAT of 2540" will possibly get an interview.
I am a bit confused about the tariff points because my A*(acheived) AAA(predicted) is equivelent to 200 points so how an earth do u get a tariff in the region of 352.
My UCAT is 2600 - 650 avg
Predicted AAA
Gcses :A*A*A*A*A*A*
Any point in me applying
If not any other suggestions ?
Reply 98
Original post by Seabass&lobster
On their website they state "High Tariff of 352 supporting a low UCAT of 2540" will possibly get an interview.
I am a bit confused about the tariff points because my A*(acheived) AAA(predicted) is equivelent to 200 points so how an earth do u get a tariff in the region of 352.
My UCAT is 2600 - 650 avg
Predicted AAA
Gcses :A*A*A*A*A*A*
Any point in me applying
If not any other suggestions ?

By doing more A levels, AS levels, EPQ, music, dance, drama exams? The IB scores particularly well, I believe and Scottish Highers and AHs lead to a lot of points. There are lots of things that get UCAS points

You have seen the stats they suggest were needed last year (it was higher the years before that, no doubt linear A levels kicking in). A rough reckoning shows that a tariff of 200 needed about 2740 for an interview last year, so you have to decide if you think that will drop by 140 this year?
Reply 99
Original post by online_user2378
Although their website says that a 230 tariff is needed for a 2530 UCAT score, I called QMUL yesterday, and they said a UCAT of 2580 and a 188 ucas tariff score would be worth consideration for an interview. I am thinking of applying with these stats, could you perhaps explain this? @ GANFYD

I can only go by the stats they put on the website and say are indicative of scores that achieve an interview. I am not sure any medical school has ever told somebody not to apply if they meet minimum requirements. Consideration just means they will add you to the pile with everybody else, it doesn’t change any cut off applied

Latest

Trending

Trending