The Student Room Group

Deal Boris Johnson put to European Union

Everybody with more than a handful of brain cells knows that the deal put to the European Union by Boris Johnson has been specifically tailored to both look like he is making an effort to leave with a deal but in reality will ultimately be rejected. And when we leave the European Union the standards of living for the average working family is going to decline. Freedoms and rights will be eroded away. Rich people will accumulate a far more disproportionate quantity of the UK's wealth. I cannot see any good reason why anyone would vote the country into a situation where this will happen.
(edited 3 years ago)
I can't either I am sick and tired of these crooky politicians lying to us day after day THIS NEEDS TO END NOW either we leave the EU one the 31st of October (with or without a deal) or we simply don't leave the EU for GOOD. i also felt that the referendum results what inaccurate for various reasons and that the tables could have be turned had we have had a 2nd EU vote after the 29th of March 2019 the result (3 years on) inaccurate because:
1. many people who voted leave failed to do their research
2. we have and still are being lied to be politicians (Michael Gove (I like to call him "Govey") and Boris Johnson)
3. most people who voted leave were old grannies and grandpas who may go in a couple of years and do not share the same view as the younger generations
4.people who couldn't (weren't old enough) vote in 2016 might now be able to vote and would have most likely chose remain
5. we (the Tories) are worshiping the US and are staring to look them (a laughing stock to the world)... i mean look at how the NHS is deteriorating little by little possibly soon to be privatised... look at the ugly greedy capitalism and "1st world problems" ("ahh there's no WIFI) all across the West ridiculous and i am appalled by it as much as you are great to see we share the same views on BREXIT
Original post by jay111a
Everybody with more than a handful of brain cells knows that the deal put to the European Union by Boris Johnson has been specifically tailored to both look like he is making an effort to leave with a deal but in reality will ultimately be rejected. And when we leave the European Union the standards of living for the average working family is going to decline. Freedoms and rights will be eroded away. Rich people will accumulate a far more disproportionate quantity of the UK's wealth. I cannot see any good reason why anyone would vote the country into a situation where this will happen.

I can't either I am sick and tired of these crooky politicians lying to us day after day THIS NEEDS TO END NOW either we leave the EU one the 31st of October (with or without a deal) or we simply don't leave the EU for GOOD. i also felt that the referendum results what inaccurate for various reasons and that the tables could have be turned had we have had a 2nd EU vote after the 29th of March 2019 the result (3 years on) inaccurate because:
1. many people who voted leave failed to do their research
2. we have and still are being lied to be politicians (Michael Gove (I like to call him "Govey") and Boris Johnson)
3. most people who voted leave were old grannies and grandpas who may go in a couple of years and do not share the same view as the younger generations
4.people who couldn't (weren't old enough) vote in 2016 might now be able to vote and would have most likely chose remain
5. we (the Tories) are worshiping the US and are starting to look them (a laughing stock to the world)... i mean look at how the NHS is deteriorating little by little possibly soon to be privatised... look at the ugly greedy capitalism and "1st world problems" ("ahh there's no WIFI") all across the West ridiculous and i am appalled by it as much as you are great to see we share the same views on BREXIT
Could not agree more. I didn’t like May or her deal, but she was at least seriously trying to get an agreement. Johnson just wants to create the perception that he is the master diplomat who had a great deal, but was thwarted by the remainer establishment. He then crashes us out without a deal, unites the Brexiteer vote, and is able to claim that he did his best to get a deal. Politically, it’s a good move. Morally though, he threatens to sabotage this country’s international standing, make us easy prey for predatory foreign nations, and send the economy off a cliff edge. All in the interest of staying in power; I doubt he genuinely believes in a lot of what he says. We then get a deregulated conservative paradise with fewer rights and almost certainly skyrocketing inequality, not to mention going backwards on key issues like climate regulation.
Original post by JanusGodofDoors
Could not agree more. I didn’t like May or her deal, but she was at least seriously trying to get an agreement. Johnson just wants to create the perception that he is the master diplomat who had a great deal, but was thwarted by the remainer establishment. He then crashes us out without a deal, unites the Brexiteer vote, and is able to claim that he did his best to get a deal. Politically, it’s a good move. Morally though, he threatens to sabotage this country’s international standing, make us easy prey for predatory foreign nations, and send the economy off a cliff edge. All in the interest of staying in power; I doubt he genuinely believes in a lot of what he says. We then get a deregulated conservative paradise with fewer rights and almost certainly skyrocketing inequality, not to mention going backwards on key issues like climate regulation.

So true Boris seems to be Trump's indentical twin just a crocky liar with no good morals (except i hate Trump WAY MORE) to the point where is some cases my brain seems to somewhat be on the UK Prime minister's side (I know crazy) tbh I will probably never change and I am not so bothered about Climate Change as someone up there is trying to take back what is his and will create a NEW human race to withstand the conditions just like he did millions to billions of years ago
Reply 5

It's operation win brownie points and blame the EU when it all goes wrong.
Reply 6

He doesn't even believe in Brexit... he wanted it to be crushed like a toad under the harrow but is now a victim of circumstances of his own making.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by jay111a

Neither can I @jay111a neither can I. I just don't understand leavers.
Reply 8
Original post by Zoqua
Neither can I @jay111a neither can I. I just don't understand leavers.

Oh... I understand them. I just don't agree with them!
Original post by Vinny C

true
Reply 10
Original post by Vinny C

I just don't understand their behavior . They don't appear to follow any kind of logic whatsoever. 'British sovereignty' is their main case, and then they prorogue parliament, the most important part of our parliamentary democracy. I agree with OP, I don't see how anyone can find Boris Johnson convincing when he has been proven to have lied on multiple occasions. These people now appear to care more about upholding Brexit due to the referendum result rather than what is actually going to happen or what they are hoping to achieve. It's more of a 'we want Brexit because we voted we wanted it 3 years ago' rather than because of any actual policy. I suppose people are just irrational, and behave as such. Such a shame they've chosen to ruin my generations future with their irrationality.
Original post by Zoqua
I just don't understand their behavior . They don't appear to follow any kind of logic whatsoever. 'British sovereignty' is their main case, and then they prorogue parliament, the most important part of our parliamentary democracy. I agree with OP, I don't see how anyone can find Boris Johnson convincing when he has been proven to have lied on multiple occasions. These people now appear to care more about upholding Brexit due to the referendum result rather than what is actually going to happen or what they are hoping to achieve. It's more of a 'we want Brexit because we voted we wanted it 3 years ago' rather than because of any actual policy. I suppose people are just irrational, and behave as such. Such a shame they've chosen to ruin my generations future with their irrationality.

Try showing a football supporter his appalling team stats after an unexpected win... there's no way you should have won!! I don't think his response would be terribly logical. 25% of the electorate are still in terrace mentality and it is being fuelled by those who should know better. Comments such as losers, remoaners and surrender bill belong in a terrace chant, not in Parliament.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by 1st superstar

The Gover, surely.
Original post by DJKL
The Gover, surely.

Naww…. it's part of the verb to give. Give, gave, gove… Like to drive... I drive, I drove...
Reply 14
Original post by Vinny C
Naww…. it's part of the verb to give. Give, gave, gove… Like to drive... I drive, I drove...

https://twitter.com/afneil/status/1063021760273104898

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2008/09/this-charming-man-an-audience-with-the-gover/

I dive, I dove...I take, I took... I fake, I... Over 300 irregulars in English and you need to be a native to know them all. Personally... I think the best word for Gove is disloyal twat! Why hast thou forsaken me?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Vinny C
I dive, I dove...I take, I took... I fake, I... Over 300 irregulars in English and you need to be a native to know them all. Personally... I think the best word for Gove is disloyal twat! Why hast thou forsaken me?

Brutus seems to be more apt
Et tu Brute?
Original post by Napp
Brutus seems to be more apt
Et tu Brute?

Naww… we came to bury Caesar, not to kill him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending