The Student Room Group

Edexcel as biology unit 1 (new spec) oct/nov 2019

Hey anyone giving exam this oct? I appeared unit 1 bio in jan but got a b in the new spec so i'm repeating and just wanted to know if i can give the exam for old spec instead of the new one (cz i find the old spec much easier than the new one)? How will that affect my certificates or my grades?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by camilla123456
Hey anyone giving exam this oct? I appeared unit 1 bio in jan but got a b in the new spec so i'm repeating and just wanted to know if i can give the exam for old spec instead of the new one (cz i find the old spec much easier than the new one)? How will that affect my certificates or my grades?

u will have many certificates!
off topic are u giving the exam from bd?
nope i live in saudi arabia but i'm from bd
Original post by Ailurophile03
u will have many certificates!
off topic are u giving the exam from bd?

btw my last account got banned so this is my new account
Original post by Zebin mehrin
nope i live in saudi arabia but i'm from bd

btw my last account got banned so this is my new account

ohhh i recognise u now, how are u sis?
Original post by Ailurophile03
ohhh i recognise u now, how are u sis?

yeah i'm fine hbu?
Yeah I'm doing the New spec biology AS IAL unit 1 this october
Reply 7
How was the biology exam (unit-1) today?
Original post by comster
How was the biology exam (unit-1) today?

it was kinda average...
what did u guys get for that is the person normal question? i mean pressure equals systole - diastole and presure equals 25 % of systole?
Original post by FM-2002
This is exactly something that I wondered, and it is possible to give the old spec in October. However, you’ll have to give Units 4, 5, & 6 in the May/June 2020 sitting as that will be the last sitting for the old specification. I’m also giving Units 2 and 3 this October for the new specification. Where are you in KSA? I also live here.

i live in riyadh
Original post by FM-2002
This is exactly something that I wondered, and it is possible to give the old spec in October. However, you’ll have to give Units 4, 5, & 6 in the May/June 2020 sitting as that will be the last sitting for the old specification. I’m also giving Units 2 and 3 this October for the new specification. Where are you in KSA? I also live here.

yeah we hv same question so somebody who knows the thing needs to ans us
Original post by FM-2002

and study in BISES ...hbu?
also what did u guys write for that low blood pressure 8 kpa affects a normal person ? and the narrowed blood vessel contribute to cvd
and that 3 mutations ans all will be substitution right ?
Reply 15
i live in riyadh

and that 3 mutations ans all will be substitution right ?

I think first one is substution , and second one is deletion , and third one is addition (or insertion)
Reply 16
What did you do for the amoeba question , and treated mRNA therapy?
Original post by FM-2002
I live in Riyadh too but I’m a private candidate.. Dome international school is your center, right?

yeah :biggrin:
Original post by comster
What did you do for the amoeba question , and treated mRNA therapy?

I think you had to talk about protein synthesis...
Reply 19
I have given all my exams with the old spec, I have them in Jan 2019, however I want to resit 11 papers which includes two of my AS papers, I know I cannot give those in the Jan 2020 session and can only repeat A2 in the June 2020 session, but can I give the exams I want to give again in Jan 2020 for instance: Unit 5,6,4,2 for Chemistry and they will add it to my grades for Unit 1 and 3 from the prev. specification or is that not possible? Can someone here help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending