The Student Room Group

Audiology 2020

Has anyone applied to audiology and have any advice for interviews at Manchester university

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Khadijahnatha
Has anyone applied to audiology and have any advice for interviews at Manchester university

Hey, I too am interested in studying audiology at university of manchester. By the wat what a level subjects do you do, I do maths biology and psychology.
Reply 2
Original post by Sultanas4
Hey, I too am interested in studying audiology at university of manchester. By the wat what a level subjects do you do, I do maths biology and psychology.

I just finished my A levels this year I did biology chemistry and psychology I got A*AB
I just finished my A levels this year I did biology chemistry and psychology I got A*AB

so are you taking a gap year now
Reply 4
so are you taking a gap year now

Yeah I wanted to do audiology but all places were full

what exam boards did you do for biology and psychology. And have you got any advice for doing well.
Reply 6
what exam boards did you do for biology and psychology. And have you got any advice for doing well.

I had AQA for Bio and Edexcel for Psych. Honestly I did every single past paper for bio and practically memorised every single word in the textbook and for the graph bits revise markschemes for it. And for psych just memorise everything and learn structures for the essays and also make sure you put the scenario back
I had AQA for Bio and Edexcel for Psych. Honestly I did every single past paper for bio and practically memorised every single word in the textbook and for the graph bits revise markschemes for it. And for psych just memorise everything and learn structures for the essays and also make sure you put the scenario back

thank you for your advice, hopefully i do well
Reply 8
Original post by alltheusernames
Does it matter if you got below the entry requirement for GCSE maths to get offers for audiology??
would i need to retake maths again

It says “You will also need a minimum of five GCSES/iGCSES overall including B or 6 in Mathematics” so if you haven’t got that I don’t think you can apply
Reply 9
Have you already applied? do you have offers yet

No I haven’t applied yet probably going to apply December time
No I haven’t applied yet probably going to apply December time

Which university are you planning on going to?
Reply 11
Which university are you planning on going to?

Manchester hopefully but I’m also applying to Leeds. Are u currently doing in college?
Reply 12
Yeah im in college now going to apply for audiology at manchester and leeds too! are you in college?

No I finished last year I’m taking a gap year because I changed my course choice
Reply 13
What did you get in your A levels? also do you have anything planned for your gap year?

I got A*AB and no not really
Yeah im in college now going to apply for audiology at manchester and leeds too! are you in college?

Me too 😊
Original post by User15nat
I got A*AB and no not really

Have you got any advice on how to do well
Reply 16
Me too 😊

Where are you from
Reply 17
WOW thats amazing!!! you deserve to chill out this whole year! did you do biology if you did do you have any notes or exam questions that might help? thanks

Hahaha it wasn’t really a choice for gap year I just changed my mind about courses that’s why I had to take one and yeah I did take biology I got an A in that honestly just memorize EVERYTHING and do all the past papers making sure you memorize the markschemes for the graph questions because they usually ask the same recurring questions
Hey guys
I want to do audiology but I'm applying for 2 foundation medicine courses too. so my personal statement is about medicine?
Do you think they'll still consider me?
Reply 19
Original post by AishnaMithu
Hey guys
I want to do audiology but I'm applying for 2 foundation medicine courses too. so my personal statement is about medicine?
Do you think they'll still consider me?

If the medicine personal statement is vague n doesn’t say “I want to do medicine” then they will if not then no

Quick Reply

Latest