The Student Room Group

Missing tutorial at college

I have this thing tutorial every week. Its a waste of time in my eyes talking about unnecessary things. Im contemplating missing every one or just 2 in 4 a month. Can the college do anything as technically im not missing any academic learning? I have 3hours of free period straight away so my parents come get me anyway after and I study at home as its where I prefer to be . The library is depressing.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hasan167
I have this thing tutorial every week. Its a waste of time in my eyes talking about unnecessary things. Im contemplating missing every one or just 2 in 4 a month. Can the college do anything as technically im not missing any academic learning? I have 3hours of free period straight away so my parents come get me anyway after and I study at home as its where I prefer to be . The library is depressing.

What do your college rules say. Why not voice your concerns to the college principal or get your parents to intercede on your behalf. I get what you mean about the library, full of books.

Why not just go home study?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
What do your college rules say. Why not voice your concerns to the college principal or get your parents to intercede on your behalf. I get what you mean about the library, full of books.

Why not just go home study?

I do come home to study , my annoyance is with the tutorial, it’s from 9-9.55 then my parents have to come get me back an forth, I have a free from 10-1.30 then I’m back at 1.30 messed up! The principal will say that it’s compulsory and there’s nothing I can do.
I do come home to study , my annoyance is with the tutorial, it’s from 9-9.55 then my parents have to come get me back an forth, I have a free from 10-1.30 then I’m back at 1.30 messed up! The principal will say that it’s compulsory and there’s nothing I can do.

Tell the school you are annoyed and to change the timetable so lessons are more convenient to you. Sounds really messed up they expect you to attend school/ college. Get your parents involved and point out the inconvenience.
I used to miss most of them in my sixth form. I’d just say to the attendance office I have an appointment and they’d just say “okay”. And yeah, I did this most weeks
Reply 5
Tell the school you are annoyed and to change the timetable so lessons are more convenient to you. Sounds really messed up they expect you to attend school/ college. Get your parents involved and point out the inconvenience.

Due to me being at a small college they can't really change my timetable as lessons are all at the same time if you get me so there's this or that's it. For lower sixth tutorials are always in the mornings. I'll probably just say I was at an appointment like the other guys said.
Reply 6
Original post by OR321
I used to miss most of them in my sixth form. I’d just say to the attendance office I have an appointment and they’d just say “okay”. And yeah, I did this most weeks

Ye I just told them I was at the bank opening an account lmfao
Ye I just told them I was at the bank opening an account lmfao

😂 exactly. They usually believe any BS. It’s bad but I apparently went to Atleast 5 funerals in my second year
Due to me being at a small college they can't really change my timetable as lessons are all at the same time if you get me so there's this or that's it. For lower sixth tutorials are always in the mornings. I'll probably just say I was at an appointment like the other guys said.

So you are going to lie and go absent? Cant see that working out well.
Reply 9
So you are going to lie and go absent? Cant see that working out well.

What's going to happen? Can they prove it? They can't accuse me of lying.plus I'm expecting some orthodontic appointments regularly I'll book them then
What's going to happen? Can they prove it? They can't accuse me of lying.plus I'm expecting some orthodontic appointments regularly I'll book them then

No idea.

I think I would be a sheep, go to the tutorial, spend time in the library, go home at the end of the day.
Reply 11
No idea.

I think I would be a sheep, go to the tutorial, spend time in the library, go home at the end of the day.

That's what's wrong with the world. Everyone's a sheep does as there told and when there's something pointless or wrong they don't stand up.
Reply 12
Tutorial was pointless for me at college too so I just missed a lot of them. Only time I started attending was when we started UCAS applications for uni
Reply 13
Original post by Sch7
Tutorial was pointless for me at college too so I just missed a lot of them. Only time I started attending was when we started UCAS applications for uni

So what if they say my attendance is dropping? Shall I make it authorised an say it was an appointment at doctor/dentist? I'm planning on trying the same as you can they do anything? UCAS etc is mostly year 2 tbj
Reply 14
So what if they say my attendance is dropping? Shall I make it authorised an say it was an appointment at doctor/dentist? I'm planning on trying the same as you can they do anything? UCAS etc is mostly year 2 tbj

Tbh I would get emails but I just ignored them lol

My college didn't take it further than that but don't know if yours is the same. Yeah UCAS was mostly second year
(edited 4 years ago)

I wouldn't say UCAS is mostly year 2 :nope: We started UCAS related stuff in February of year 12 and I think it was mentioned twice after October in year 13. If you can get a plan of what's being done useful that would be good. Or if the year 12 tutorials are always in the morning, could you swap to a day when you don't have 3 hours of frees right after? So a day when you have a lesson after so you just have to come in a little earlier.
Reply 16
Original post by Lemur14
I wouldn't say UCAS is mostly year 2 :nope: We started UCAS related stuff in February of year 12 and I think it was mentioned twice after October in year 13. If you can get a plan of what's being done useful that would be good. Or if the year 12 tutorials are always in the morning, could you swap to a day when you don't have 3 hours of frees right after? So a day when you have a lesson after so you just have to come in a little earlier.

Not possible all year 12 have a tutorial at the same time no other days. Tbh I only got an email and that was that. Suppose they can't do much apart from kick me out lmfao
Reply 17
Original post by Sch7
Tbh I would get emails but I just ignored them lol

My college didn't take it further than that but don't know if yours is the same. Yeah UCAS was mostly second year

Ye I got an email too
Reply 18
Not possible all year 12 have a tutorial at the same time no other days. Tbh I only got an email and that was that. Suppose they can't do much apart from kick me out lmfao

Obviously start attending if they take it more seriously than an email though or if you know they start to cover something important.

I did realise a lot of people I spoke to found tutorials useless and a waste of time in first year even from other colleges close to me
That's what's wrong with the world. Everyone's a sheep does as there told and when there's something pointless or wrong they don't stand up.

Yep you stand up and tell them how you will allow them to teach you. You dont really have a clue but you show them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending