The Student Room Group

Periodic table(Chemistry)

Any easy way to learn modern periodic table.... pls tell me quickly it's urgent...😢😢

Scroll to see replies

https://youtu.be/rz4Dd1I_fX0
Listen to this a zillion times and you might get there. Copy the periodic table out too more than once!!
Reply 2
Original post by Sneha kapoor
Any easy way to learn modern periodic table.... pls tell me quickly it's urgent...😢😢

Why do you think you need to learn the modern Periodic Table?
Original post by cc4663387
https://youtu.be/rz4Dd1I_fX0
Listen to this a zillion times and you might get there. Copy the periodic table out too more than once!!

Thank you so much dear ❤❤
Original post by Pigster

Actually it's my work,so i have to learn it.. is there any way to learn it?🤔
Reply 5
Original post by Sneha kapoor
Actually it's my work,so i have to learn it.. is there any way to learn it?🤔

Why would they not allow you to have access to a Periodic Table?

What do you mean learn it? Are you expected to be able to write it out, in order? Mass and atomic numbers? How many d.p. on the masses?

Why oh why oh why?

Anyhoo, short answer is repetition. Learn, cover, write, check, repeat.
Original post by Pigster

Answering the OP’s question may be more beneficial than questioning the reasoning behind their enquiry 🙄
Reply 7
Answering the OP’s question may be more beneficial than questioning the reasoning behind their enquiry 🙄

Maybe the issue raised in OPs question is avoidable? It's a valid point. No one needs to learn the PT by heart. Its always available at work, and no school carricular requires it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Nuttyy
Maybe the issue raised in OPs question is avoidable? It's a valid point. No one needs to learn the PT by heart. Its always available at work, and no school carricular requires it.

I’m sure if the OP asked a question, it was for a reason, and it is our job as part of this community not to question him, but to help him with the predicament he has 😚
Reply 9
I’m sure if the OP asked a question, it was for a reason, and it is our job as part of this community not to question him, but to help him with the predicament he has 😚

You go into a Doctors office and say "I have a bacterial infection, so give me anti-biotics." The Dr says you don't, but you demand them regardless of you being wrong.

The same applies here. If OP has asked a question, it is possible to provide advice that may circumvent the issue altogether.

But if it is absolutely necessary, for some irrational reason, then repetition is your best bet. That song is very useful also.

I also don't take too kindly to being lectured about being "part of this community" by someone who has made 19 posts in a year.

Perhaps the best way "to help him" is to prevent him trying to learn something which surely is a waste of his time.
Original post by Pigster
I also don't take too kindly to being lectured about being "part of this community" by someone who has made 19 posts in a year.

Perhaps the best way "to help him" is to prevent him trying to learn something which surely is a waste of his time.

Sorry so what’s the threshold number of posts to be able to comment on the evident community established on this forum? Obviously above 19 🙄 Again, your way of helping them would not be answering their question, like they wanted. Well let’s put it this way, I’ll stick to answering the questions and you stick to questioning why they asked such things 🥰
Reply 12
Sorry so what’s the threshold number of posts to be able to comment on the evident community established on this forum? Obviously above 19 🙄 Again, your way of helping them would not be answering their question, like they wanted. Well let’s put it this way, I’ll stick to answering the questions and you stick to questioning why they asked such things 🥰

More like..

We'll help them while understanding the wider aspect and issues (more useful), and you can stick to answering questions which they may actually cause more harm than good 👍🏼.

If this concept is too complicated I can simplify with an example: if someone asks how they can cut themselves, will you answer "a knife or a razor blade"? Obviously not, you direct them to the help they actually need smh.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Nuttyy
smh.

Sidney Morning Herald?

I think I'm getting old.
Reply 14
Original post by Pigster
Sidney Morning Herald?

I think I'm getting old.

Haha sorry, shake my head 😂👍🏼
Original post by Nuttyy
More like..

We'll help them while understanding the wider aspect and issues (more useful), and you can stick to answering questions which they may actually cause more harm than good 👍🏼.

If this concept is too complicated I can simplify with an example: if someone asks how they can cut themselves, will you answer "a knife or a razor blade"? Obviously not, you direct them to the help they actually need smh.

Simplifying a question about chemistry to suicide is a weird analogy, and slightly disrespectful too. But let’s look at your analogy shall we. Context is a big thing remember - a question about the best ways to revise is completely different to a question about how to cut yourself, so your comparison is so inaccurate as they’re just two things you can’t compare. Also, I may be mistaken, but wasn’t it you who asked why they want to know and they clearly answered you (for work reasons). If so, I’d suggest some ideas rather than questioning him further, as if needs to know, he needs to know!!
Also, I may be mistaken, but wasn’t it you who asked why they want to know and they clearly answered you (for work reasons).

You are mistaken. It was me who asked and was answered.

Everyone knows someone who knows someone who started a job and was sent to the shop to buy some stripy paint or a bubble for a spirit level. This could be one of those activities.

I cannot think of a single reason why anyone would need to know the Periodic Table. Perhaps the OP thought they were being asked to learn it, when in fact they misheard/misunderstood.
Original post by Pigster

Everyone knows someone who knows someone who started a job and was sent to the shop to buy some stripy paint or a bubble for a spirit level. This could be one of those activities.

I cannot think of a single reason why anyone would need to know the Periodic Table. Perhaps the OP thought they were being asked to learn it, when in fact they misheard/misunderstood.

You'll be shocked to learn certain boards in some countries actually want their candidates to memorise the periodic table, as stupid as it sounds.

It's honestly just a waste of time and nothing useful. There are far better, productive things one can learn from Chemistry.
Original post by UnknownCookies
You'll be shocked to learn certain boards in some countries actually want their candidates to memorise the periodic table, as stupid as it sounds.

It's honestly just a waste of time and nothing useful. There are far better, productive things one can learn from Chemistry.

Pah, next they'll be expecting History students to learn the kings and queens or England, in order.
Original post by Pigster

You can’t think of one, fine, but the OP clearly had and needs to.

Quick Reply

Latest