The Student Room Group

Ex is ignoring me

So basically I ended things with my ex before uni, but I tried to keep in contact with him because I wanted to be polite and civil, at first he would message that he was lonely and missed me, I told him also that it was for the best and that I would feel trapped while at uni. but the past week he has ignored me when I messaged but I don't know why, I admit I have already slept with a couple guys since I got to uni but didn't want to tell him that because I didn't wanna hurt his feelings, can anyone give me advice?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you feel this way, but it seems to me that your ex isn’t any obligation to still be in contact with you.
Original post by Anonymous
So basically I ended things with my ex before uni, but I tried to keep in contact with him because I wanted to be polite and civil, at first he would message that he was lonely and missed me, I told him also that it was for the best and that I would feel trapped while at uni. but the past week he has ignored me when I messaged but I don't know why, I admit I have already slept with a couple guys since I got to uni but didn't want to tell him that because I didn't wanna hurt his feelings, can anyone give me advice?

***** please you ended it and now you're moaning he's not talking to you, I'd be the same, don't blame him.
I mean.. you broke up with him, he doesn't have to stay in contact with you.

Seems to me that you have moved on already.

Let your ex go and move on with his life - it isn't fair to keep him in your life if you aren't interested in being with him. It's time for you to move on with your life too - don't keep relying on your ex.
As you have slept with a couple of other guys at uni already then you have shut that door on your ex yourself .. you should not expect him to contact you again ... that's not fair or respectful of you to him
He moved on with life ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ As humans do. If he's not interested in a friendship or even contact after the end of the relationship, that's his decision. He doesn't owe you any conversations or communication - nobody does. My advice is just accept the situation and keep moving forward.
Reply 8
Perhaps hes moved on and is sleeping around too
I would just ignore him now he will get over it and you have to do what is right for you it is hard to stay in a relationship at uni when the person isn’t at uni with you
Original post by Rock Fan
***** please you ended it and now you're moaning he's not talking to you, I'd be the same, don't blame him.

well aren't you rude he could still be civil and not be childish about the break up
Original post by SMEGGGY
Perhaps hes moved on and is sleeping around too

doubt it he was a virgin until he met me and is still clearly hung up on me
Reply 11
well aren't you rude he could still be civil and not be childish about the break up

Or he's realised it's a bad idea to be hung up on an ex and has gone cold turkey on you. Don't flatter yourself lol

Maybe he blocked you, or just doesnt care anymore. Either way good for him.

Its possible he now is just getting on with his life without you, as would be expected, you should try doing the same.
You moved on fast and slept around. Does it make you feel good to have him pining for you? I hope he sh***ed your best friend.
Sounds like he's moving on with his life and has decided to end contact with you.
Maybe it is for the best for you and him.
There's nothing you can do to change his mind.
If he wants to get in touch with you, he will.
Instead of talking to strangers on a forum about it, maybe just ask him why he's ignoring you? Do that funky 'communication' thing :smile:
Original post by JustGettinBy
Instead of talking to strangers on a forum about it, maybe just ask him why he's ignoring you? Do that funky 'communication' thing :smile:

I actually asked why he ignoring me but has not replied
Original post by JustGettinBy

If hes got any sense he'll ignore that as well. Its probably a troll, 90% of these TSR posts are just a way of getting attention.
Cause he has moved on

What are you worrying about then? You ended it? You moved on? He doesn’t want to know you anymore. Just leave it be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending