The Student Room Group

Is UKIP a racist party?

I was sitting at a Taverna today, on Greek island, drinking a cold Beer, when some Brits chatted away arguing about Brexit... One said he voted for UKIP and was immediately lambasted with accusations, he supports a racist party. Do you think UKIP is racist?

Scroll to see replies

No.
But I do believe that ukip provides a warm welcome to open racists who do not have hate crime convictions and all manner of thugs with criminal records.
I consider the former leader Mr. Batten to be a obnoxious and vicious individual who seemed to delight in demonstrating these characteristics in his political role for the public to see. Very similar opinion of ukip's Neil Hamilton.
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
No.
But I do believe that ukip provides a warm welcome to open racists who do not have hate crime convictions and all manner of thugs with criminal records.
I consider the former leader Mr. Batten to be a obnoxious and vicious individual who seemed to delight in demonstrating these characteristics in his political role for the public to see. Very similar opinion of ukip's Neil Hamilton.

Who do you support?
Original post by HiViz9
Who do you support?

I'm a floating voter.
I'm a floating voter.

Very diplomatic .
UKIP are certainly not the same party since Nigel Farage left.
Reply 5
I'm a floating voter.

What is your principle stance politically? For example, I oppose two-faced bull**** and respect any politician who is honest and has integrity.
Original post by HiViz9
What is your principle stance politically? For example, I oppose two-faced bull**** and respect any politician who is honest and has integrity.

Probably justice, not identity politics.
I believe in a reasonable criminal justice policy that protects the public & police from the worst of offenders, a strong commitment to national security and securing public safety on uk streets.
Never capital punishment for any crime.
But a sentence of life imprisonment for a multiple murderer/serial rapist/terrorist who commits more than two criminal offences should mean life imprisonment- hopefully with no expensive takeaway meals or access to luxury electronics.
Reply 7
Probably justice, not identity politics.
I believe in a reasonable criminal justice policy that protects the public & police from the worst of offenders, a strong commitment to national security and securing public safety on uk streets.
Never capital punishment for any crime.
But a sentence of life imprisonment for a multiple murderer/serial rapist/terrorist who commits more than two criminal offences should mean life imprisonment- hopefully with no expensive takeaway meals or access to luxury electronics.

Virtually UKIPs manifesto. Do you mean Whole Life Term for multiple murders? Because a Life sentence is a Life sentence.
Original post by HiViz9
Virtually UKIPs manifesto. Do you mean Whole Life Term for multiple murders? Because a Life sentence is a Life sentence.

Ukip embrace a lot of identity politics too.
I mean life sentences that are precisely what they say- life imprisonment without any option of parole/early release unless conviction is successfully appealed.
If the circumstances of the crime/criminal do not merit a sentence of life imprisonment, then downgrade to manslaughter or conspiracy.
Only towards Europeans
Reply 10
Ukip embrace a lot of identity politics too.
I mean life sentences that are precisely what they say- life imprisonment without any option of parole/early release unless conviction is successfully appealed.
If the circumstances of the crime/criminal do not merit a sentence of life imprisonment, then downgrade to manslaughter or conspiracy.

Murder is a mandatory Life Sentence with Tariff set accordingly. You can get Life Sentence for Manslaughter and Conspiracy in certain crimes.
Outside of the little Englander echo chamber, UKIP is an irrelevance.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 12
A few comments with not one bit of back-up evidence.
Well, they are certainly a haven for racists so in effect yes. But to just label them racists would be unfair, they're equal opportunities bigots and are also homophobic and misogynistic.

Basically they're a party of troglodytes in every direction, and run counter to every value Britain supposedly holds
Reply 14
LOL.. how can you run counter to a "SUPPOSED" value???
They have gone from sheltering racists to be ing institutionally racist since Farage left and stripped them of what little legitimacy they had. Right now they need the votes of nut job racists, and consequently the party has become racist. Wouldn’t be surprised if in a few years from now they end up something like the BNP.
Reply 16
Original post by JanusGodofDoors
They have gone from sheltering racists to be ing institutionally racist since Farage left and stripped them of what little legitimacy they had. Right now they need the votes of nut job racists, and consequently the party has become racist. Wouldn’t be surprised if in a few years from now they end up something like the BNP.

There is not one single one of you making said claims who will show one bit of evidence to back up your claims of racism et al.
Maybe that's too broad a claim, but they definitely use racist propoganda and appeal to racist sentiments.

One notable example was Farage's breaking point poster. This was racism, thinly veiled as being a purely economic concern.

Leave. Eu, not strictly speaking ukip but essentially their media presence, exemplified the racist sentiment yet again yesterday, with their insults of Angela Merkel. This isn't a particularly rare occurance.

So while ukip kind of gets away with what they do, they are basically racist.
Reply 18
Original post by hehwhat
Maybe that's too broad a claim, but they definitely use racist propoganda and appeal to racist sentiments.

One notable example was Farage's breaking point poster. This was racism, thinly veiled as being a purely economic concern.

Leave. Eu, not strictly speaking ukip but essentially their media presence, exemplified the racist sentiment yet again yesterday, with their insults of Angela Merkel. This isn't a particularly rare occurance.

So while ukip kind of gets away with what they do, they are basically racist.

Farage left years ago. I am still waiting for evidence. No one will ever show any.
Original post by HiViz9
There is not one single one of you making said claims who will show one bit of evidence to back up your claims of racism et al.

Do you not know how hyperlinks work? Try clicking them...

As for your other question, define British values for me. Because I can guarantee that the racist and homophobic stances of UKIP are incompatible with those values

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending