The Student Room Group

It’s been four weeks since PJFT RAF

Still waiting to hear four weeks after passing the fitness test. How long should it be before joining?
Reply 1
The whole process can take up to 9 months, and your BRTC will be timed for the minimum wait before Phase 2 training.

Any queries like this, contact your AFCO. No-one on here can answer as it's different for everyone.
Original post by Spod50
Still waiting to hear four weeks after passing the fitness test. How long should it be before joining?

Hi

As has been stated, the entire application process can take between 3-9 months to complete, so try and be patient.

Your AFCO will advise you as soon as they have dates for you. Your own start date will depend on your phase two training course start date, so if there's only one of those a year it could be a long wait.

Maintain your fitness and be prepared to be given you dates at any time as it literally could be. And you still have to pass the fitness tests at your PRTC too, so you don't want to let anything slip in the meantime. You'll also be better prepared for BRTC then too.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Reply 3
Original post by RAF_Adam
Hi

As has been stated, the entire application process can take between 3-9 months to complete, so try and be patient.

Your AFCO will advise you as soon as they have dates for you. Your own start date will depend on your phase two training course start date, so if there's only one of those a year it could be a long wait.

Maintain your fitness and be prepared to be given you dates at any time as it literally could be. And you still have to pass the fitness tests at your PRTC too, so you don't want to let anything slip in the meantime. You'll also be better prepared for BRTC then too.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Thank you Adam but so far the process has taken 9 months and we’ve just been told there are no places until next December- so that will be 23 months. I think this is an unacceptable wait. It puts people off joining up as they have to work whilst waiting if it’s that long. I think something must have gone wrong with his application ?
Original post by Spod50
Thank you Adam but so far the process has taken 9 months and we’ve just been told there are no places until next December- so that will be 23 months. I think this is an unacceptable wait. It puts people off joining up as they have to work whilst waiting if it’s that long. I think something must have gone wrong with his application ?

Hi

Which role have you applied for?

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Reply 5
Original post by RAF_Adam
Hi

Which role have you applied for?

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Aircraft technician- mechanical
Reply 6
Don't quote me on this but it could be due to how the training has changed now at cosford.

You used to do a period at cosford then get sent to a unit, then back to cosford to finish off. Now it's all done at cosford over 15 months I believe.

This changed this year. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some capacity issue at cosford until a certain amount of recruits get to a certain stage
Original post by Spod50
Aircraft technician- mechanical

Hi

Thank you, I've had a look and at present it is December 2020 that the next intake will go through. It's because that role is so popular and we've already been allocating slots as successful applicants have come through the process.

If you can send me a DM with your full name, DOB and postcode I can look into it in more detail for you.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Quick Reply

Latest