The Student Room Group

Can I just drop down to 2 A levels

I absolutely hate my 3rd A level choice, can’t stand the teacher hate every single minute of each lesson. It’s making me ill. Got a U in the As results.I’ve asked to drop down to just two A levels or keep my remaining 2 A levels and pick up another A level and just stay a extra year. But I have been told due to the funding rules, I must complete 3 A levels (continue with my hated subject) or extended learning project plus resitting my failed 3rd As again.
I love my other two topics and want to finish them but I don’t want to go into school because I have to attend this course as well. I’ve spoken with the head but he keeps saying it’s all about the money?
Has anyone else just dropped down to two A levels?
Original post by Jojenkin139
I absolutely hate my 3rd A level choice, can’t stand the teacher hate every single minute of each lesson. It’s making me ill. Got a U in the As results.I’ve asked to drop down to just two A levels or keep my remaining 2 A levels and pick up another A level and just stay a extra year. But I have been told due to the funding rules, I must complete 3 A levels (continue with my hated subject) or extended learning project plus resitting my failed 3rd As again.
I love my other two topics and want to finish them but I don’t want to go into school because I have to attend this course as well. I’ve spoken with the head but he keeps saying it’s all about the money?
Has anyone else just dropped down to two A levels?

Get your parents involved and ask him to offer an alternative. An AS or a BTEC or EPQ. On 2 A levels you cease to be a full time student. If they lose their funding, then they have no reason to keep you.
Original post by 999tigger
Get your parents involved and ask him to offer an alternative. An AS or a BTEC or EPQ. On 2 A levels you cease to be a full time student. If they lose their funding, then they have no reason to keep you.

Also remember that most UK universities will want 3 A levels, if thats what you want to do next, you need to be aware of how taking only 2 radically cuts down your options.
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Also remember that most UK universities will want 3 A levels, if thats what you want to do next, you need to be aware of how taking only 2 radically cuts down your options.

Why are you tagging me? You need to tag the OP. They need 3 good A levels so a U or an E inst going to help them one jot.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger

I want to pick up a Ctec but then next year I have to pick up another 2 As. All I’m happy to do but the school is saying it’s stopping offering As. So this isn’t an option. And I’m not sure on university
Original post by Jojenkin139
I want to pick up a Ctec but then next year I have to pick up another 2 As. All I’m happy to do but the school is saying it’s stopping offering As. So this isn’t an option. And I’m not sure on university

Get your parents involved and ask them for an alternative. You understand about needing to be full time.
Even joining year 12 students on a subject you might follow through with, would be ok.
Original post by Mr Wednesday

Thats what i was thinking.
Reply 7
It’s all sorted now. Thankyou for all your advice x
@jojenkin139 I have a similar problem. I'm doing A level Media Studies, A level Film Studies and BTEC Health & Social Care. I love doing A level Media and Film. However, I despise BTEC Health & Social Care, so I want to drop it. My head of hall has allowed me to dropped it but I don't know what course to do.
Reply 9
Original post by Titanium_Horses
@jojenkin139 I have a similar problem. I'm doing A level Media Studies, A level Film Studies and BTEC Health & Social Care. I love doing A level Media and Film. However, I despise BTEC Health & Social Care, so I want to drop it. My head of hall has allowed me to dropped it but I don't know what course to do.

I’m now doing two A level course, 1 As and an EPQ. If I need more ucas points I will do an extra Btec after I completed exams next year. As I’m not planning on going to university until the year later
I also only did two A-levels in Year 13 and didn't technically meet the requirements of being a full-time student, so I did the EPQ which just about pushed me over.

Quick Reply

Latest