The Student Room Group

AMA about Islam, beliefs & point of views. Share YOURS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
a simple search in https://questionsonislam.com/question/beard-fard-or-just-sunnah would make how I understand it clear At the end not growing a beard is not haram that is for sure and god knows your intentions the best so like I said what's important are the intentions of your action and there are cases where you can have good intentions of shaving your beard.
Original post by Amen4
Okay, since you didn't answer my last question I am still goingto try and answer according to what I was able to understand so basically you're saying that all religions says that they are right and you're wrong, therefore it's inevitable to have conflicts between them and so we shouldn't say or try to stop those conflicts as they are the will of Allah and by such attitude we're judging him.... First like yeah if Islam, for example, says that drinking is wrong while the books that christian now follows says that it's okay, there's something contradictory between them but that doesn't mean we should fight about it or not get along like why would you be bothered At most if you have someone close to you who's a christian and drinks you could advise him on, why not to drink but that person doing that thing that his religion or what he follows says he can do doesn't mean you should be provoked ,mad or fight Only in rare cases so no it doesn't mean that naturally we shouldn't get along or we should fight and that's how god created us like no that's not right at all at least its not okay and not natural to fight with someone just bcz hes of another religion its not something religions were created for or or their differences. Difference between religion might cause not getting along in some cases, but it isn't okay, it isn't something allah wished for us. At least this is how I see it from my personal point of view and how I will act if my religion says something that other religions says differently. (There are cases where my attitude should be different, but they are few and particular)

Islam says getting drunk is wrong... not drinking. It disapproves of the effects of alcohol on man. God teaches us to fight for a common good... not amongst each other! Only a fool would believe he wished that.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by Vinny C
Islam says getting drunk is wrong... not drinking. It disapproves of the effects of alcohol on man. God teaches us to fight for a common good... not amongst each other! Only a fool would believe he wished that.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Religion and its rules.... are made for mans good and best... not to disapprove with other regions
Original post by Amen4
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Religion and its rules.... are made for mans good and best... not to disapprove with other regions

Exactly... but most orthodoxies teach otherwise. They lose the true hope of god amidst their power struggles and blame games.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Butternuts96
I've seen you say several things incorrect about Islam eg dating and the ruling on beards so I just wanted to let everyone know that you are just a muslim and you are not a scholar. You certainly don't know about the intricacies of islamic rulings. In the future, I would avoid telling people about Islam if you're as ignorant as you have shown.

I admit I know only a little of it... but I am open to comment. I believe to ignore indicates a bigoted mindset. My fave is the bit with the talking donkey who also exists in the Bible! A humble beast is called upon to open the mind of man...
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Vinny C
A admit I know only little of it... but I am open to comment. I believe to ignore indicates a bigoted mindset. My fave is the bit with the talking donkey who also exists in the Bible! A humble beast is required to open the mind of man...

1. I was referring to OP, not you
2. What on Earth are you on about?
Original post by HumbleBee_x
I'm worried about seeking a righteous spouse in this day and age, are you? :redface:

Yes, I am.
Reply 47
Just for anyone who thinks my responses doesn't represent their understanding of Islam I just made this thread to share my own understanding and interact with other Muslims to explore their understanding I'm not a scholar and I am not trying to pretend to be one and please if you think your understanding makes much more sense feel free to write something about it that's what the whole thread is about. THANKS
Thread cleared up :smile: please remain respectful to other users regardless of their religion or their interpretation of that faith
Reply 49
Original post by Amen4
The name of God is said in order to emphasise the sanctity of life and that the animal is being killed for food with God’s consent.

Does the name of Allah have to be said before stoning a woman to death for adultery (for example) in order to "emphasise the sanctity of life"?

The cut must sever at least three of the trachea, oesophagus, and the two blood vessels on either side of the throat.

There is less distress and pain if the trachea and oesophagus are not cut. Death from this kind of slaughter is by a massive and sudden drop in blood pressure and only the major blood vessels need to be cut for this to happen. Severing the trachea with the same incision as the blood vessels can lead to the animal asphyxiating on its own blood. A more humane method is what is called the "thoracic stick" where the major blood vessels are severed closer to the heart.
Reply 50
Original post by qaasim786
Muslims and jews get along very well generally even in Palestine which i visited earlier this year. The conflict you see in the news is not between muslims and jews but between muslims and zionists which are an extreme type of jew. Many jews are actually against zionists and support muslims regarding the palestine israel conflict

There is a difference between individual Muslims' behaviour and the position of Islam.

"Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him;" - Sahih Bukhari
Original post by Thestudent107SWC
Halal meat is meat cut in a certain way which means the animal feels no pain

Absolute rubbish. Any animal which has its throat cut while it's conscious is going to be in extreme amounts of pain and suffering, obviously.
(edited 4 years ago)
When will Sunni and Shia Muslims grow up and stop killing each other in the name of Allah?
Reply 53
Original post by Anonymous__02
Oh and my view on virginity, should only be lost after marriage, no exception.

Is it ok for the man to lose his virginity before marriage, as long as it is done Islamically?

What is the position on divorcees and widows in a second marriage, who would be getting married after losing their virginity?
Reply 54
Original post by verycoolperson
maybe cuz the prophet (peace and blessings upon him) commanded it

The instruction to grow a beard was to "be different from the pagans". As many pagans and disbelievers now wear beards, that meaning has become irrelevant.
Reply 55
Original post by Thestudent107SWC
Halal meat is meat cut in a certain way which means the animal feels no pain halal meat is also blessed by the person slaughtering

Halal meat is cut in the same way as non-halal meat - a deep incision to the neck causing death by exsanguination (rapid blood loss). It is only the ritual that is different.
Any mammal having its throat cut will feel pain due to the nerves in the region of the incision.
Reply 56
Original post by Amen4

Many religions, especially the Abrahamic, preach religious supremacy. That is the antithesis of religious tolerance.
Original post by Amen4
my schedule was free felt bored so if you have anything to ask about Islam go ahead if there's something you want my opinion about then feel free to ask and share your own opinions and point of views just say things you think are important maybe your way of defining things your principles in life just anything you think would be inspiring to share .

Why would you post this, knowing how many antis and trolls are on this site:colonhash:
Original post by Kitten in boots
When will Sunni and Shia Muslims grow up and stop killing each other in the name of Allah?

Unfortunately never:cry:
Reply 59
Original post by Rania...
Unfortunately never:cry:

Allah could solve the problem by sending a new messenger to sort it out. Why do you think he doesn't do this? Why do you think he is content to watch them slaughter each other for centuries.

BTW, do you know which one Allah prefers?

Quick Reply

Latest