The Student Room Group

MBBS studies in Russia

Is Mbbs from Russia is a good option should i go there for studies

Scroll to see replies

Moved to Medicine for you buddy :h:
U mean i should go there
I am also thinking of going abroad and am completely lost tbh, what countries are you thinking of applying to?
I m just thinking of Russia BTW which country you belong
Original post by LadyScheherazade
I am also thinking of going abroad and am completely lost tbh, what countries are you thinking of applying to?

I m just thinking of Russia BTW which country you belong
By which country do you belong do you mean where are you from (Afghanistan) or which country are you supposed to study/ considered an internal student (London). Obviously I aint gonna study in Afghanistan, but I'm considering Eastern European countries like Bulgaria, Romania for medicine. Also want to see the other options like Denmark, Netherlands, Germany...ect. Do you just want to study in Russia because you are Russian? Which country would you be considered an internal student?
By which country do you belong do you mean where are you from (Afghanistan) or which country are you supposed to study/ considered an internal student (London). Obviously I aint gonna study in Afghanistan, but I'm considering Eastern European countries like Bulgaria, Romania for medicine. Also want to see the other options like Denmark, Netherlands, Germany...ect. Do you just want to study in Russia because you are Russian? Which country would you be considered an internal student?

No m not Russian i m form Pakistan but for studying in i first go for foundation year as i belong to hssc educational system then after i will be in undergraduate program BTW how abt your grades i think u should go for London ntw how old r u
Original post by horain chaudhary
No m not Russian i m form Pakistan but for studying in i first go for foundation year as i belong to hssc educational system then after i will be in undergraduate program BTW how abt your grades i think u should go for London ntw how old r u

I mean to say for studying in London
I'm a final year medical student in Russia. Studying medicine here is a good option as long as you understand its peculiarities which you wouldn't find elsewhere and which vast majority of international students who do their MBBS here do not seem to know or comprehend. Hence they end up accusing the educational system of incompetency whereas it's actually their very fault :smile:

Should you be interested, I can explain a little further
I am 18 and have just finished my A Levels, got BCD in English Lit, Biology and Chemistry respectively. The Biology and Chemistry in particular is disappointing and I know I can do better so I'm retaking those two to being up my grades to at least an A. Although my original set of results are fine for medicine abroad, a lot UK students who apply for medicine abroad have B's, C's and D's-whether you get in depends on how well you do in the admission tests, which I am also stressed about, but I'm hoping that if I get A's in my retakes and I'm competing with C-D grade students so I will have an advantage (I'm telling myself that). I have a much higher chance of getting into medicine abroad, and most qualifications is certified by the GMC so I can come back to the UK to work as a doctor, so its a win win. And overall its cheaper abroad, university is expensive in the UK (especially London, its more than double the price for international students so I wouldn't recommend you to study here. It's 9.5k for me, but 22k for an international student per year, which is crazy, that doesn't even take into account the ridiculous cost of living here).
Original post by TheMadNerd93
I'm a final year medical student in Russia. Studying medicine here is a good option as long as you understand its peculiarities which you wouldn't find elsewhere and which vast majority of international students who do their MBBS here do not seem to know or comprehend. Hence they end up accusing the educational system of incompetency whereas it's actually their very fault :smile:

Should you be interested, I can explain a little further

If you study in Russia, would your degree be certified by the GMC? Cause I would like to have the option of coming back to the UK, are you a british student too?
If you study in Russia, would your degree be certified by the GMC? Cause I would like to have the option of coming back to the UK, are you a british student too?

I'm not a Brit, I wish I was😅.. my university is included in the World Directory of Medical Schools, hence approved by the GMC (I do also have a plan of working in the UK in the near future)
I'm not a Brit, I wish I was😅.. my university is included in the World Directory of Medical Schools, hence approved by the GMC (I do also have a plan of working in the UK in the near future)

Never knew Russia was an option, good luck for working in the UK, I'm not even certain I want to work here when I finish medical school (hopefully), but I feel like even if I travel around the world I would definitely settle back down in London when I am older. Which university do you attend?
Never knew Russia was an option, good luck for working in the UK, I'm not even certain I want to work here when I finish medical school (hopefully), but I feel like even if I travel around the world I would definitely settle back down in London when I am older. Which university do you attend?

I am studying at Stavropol Medical University. I am glad to say it is one of the most prominent universities in Southern Russia, and that it holds various events that are sometimes so unique that students from other cities come over to take part in:smile:

All the best to you too with your future plans. I can gather you are still a junior at medschool. I therefore advise you to create a postgraduate plan but not overthink it; live the moment and the present fully. I personally wish I could go back in time to re-study medicine in a much better way although I am thankfully a topper.. You have an unrivalled chance, seize it to its utmost:smile:
I am studying at Stavropol Medical University. I am glad to say it is one of the most prominent universities in Southern Russia, and that it holds various events that are sometimes so unique that students from other cities come over to take part in:smile:

All the best to you too with your future plans. I can gather you are still a junior at medschool. I therefore advise you to create a postgraduate plan but not overthink it; live the moment and the present fully. I personally wish I could go back in time to re-study medicine in a much better way although I am thankfully a topper.. You have an unrivalled chance, seize it to its utmost:smile:

Thanks, I wish I was a junior in med school lol, I’m applying for med school this year abroad (I’m 18). I’m guessing you are Russian, or just from a non English speaking country (do correct me if I’m wrong), your English is really impressive. I’ll look into that university, I feel like it’s much more stressful applying abroad because there was so many options were only applying in the UK (mainly London cause that’s where I live and the some of the best universities are there), it’s practically endless when applying abroad, I feel so overwhelmed.
Thanks, I wish I was a junior in med school lol, I’m applying for med school this year abroad (I’m 18). I’m guessing you are Russian, or just from a non English speaking country (do correct me if I’m wrong), your English is really impressive. I’ll look into that university, I feel like it’s much more stressful applying abroad because there was so many options were only applying in the UK (mainly London cause that’s where I live and the some of the best universities are there), it’s practically endless when applying abroad, I feel so overwhelmed.

I am Lebanese:h: Let me advise you not to be intimidated by the applying abroad process. Do not let the fact that you have endless choices overwhelm you negatively, rather take it from the positive angle on the basis that if a choice doesn't work, there are still tens and maybe hundreds of other available ones.
Being still in the phase of applying, I hence assume you still have some time so do not waste it as it is doubtlessly fate-determining for you. I sincerely hope you will get what you aspire for. Remember that medicine is medicine regardless of the university, what matters the most is that the university chosen is recognised worldwide and the rest is upon the student themselves to build a deserving future.
I am Lebanese:h: Let me advise you not to be intimidated by the applying abroad process. Do not let the fact that you have endless choices overwhelm you negatively, rather take it from the positive angle on the basis that if a choice doesn't work, there are still tens and maybe hundreds of other available ones.
Being still in the phase of applying, I hence assume you still have some time so do not waste it as it is doubtlessly fate-determining for you. I sincerely hope you will get what you aspire for. Remember that medicine is medicine regardless of the university, what matters the most is that the university chosen is recognised worldwide and the rest is upon the student themselves to build a deserving future.

Thanks for that, since you applied abroad, is there a limit to how many universities you can apply to? Cause in the UK we can only apply to 5 universities (only 4 can be for medicine so you are advised to use up all those slots due to the competitive nature of medicine).
Thanks for that, since you applied abroad, is there a limit to how many universities you can apply to? Cause in the UK we can only apply to 5 universities (only 4 can be for medicine so you are advised to use up all those slots due to the competitive nature of medicine).

Having myself not finished secondary school in the UK, I am sorry to say I am ignorant about this matter:frown: I am sure there are many fellows over here who would guide you on this and clear your confusion. Perhaps it's better to create a separate thread for this purpose so it would be noticed better.
Having myself not finished secondary school in the UK, I am sorry to say I am ignorant about this matter:frown: I am sure there are many fellows over here who would guide you on this and clear your confusion. Perhaps it's better to create a separate thread for this purpose so it would be noticed better.

Thanks anyways

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending