The Student Room Group

How long did your relationships last at 16?

Started mine recently and wondering what to expect. 2 months going strong and were friends for 3 months before that.
Reply 1
The ones I have seen can last up to six months or a year.
Reply 2
Original post by Jaunty
The ones I have seen can last up to six months or a year.

The ones I see usually last less
I know a couple who are both 16 and have been together since 14, I know quite a few people who have been together for a year too. Most only last a couple to a few months though I think
Reply 4
Original post by sedentary
I know a couple who are both 16 and have been together since 14, I know quite a few people who have been together for a year too. Most only last a couple to a few months though I think

Ye only a few pass that year mark.
Depends. I had a gf at 16 and we went out for a month (we're still friends), but I know that some of my mates started dating when they were like 13 and they're 18 and still really strong
I had a girlfriend when I was 16 and it lasted almost 2 years which is a rare thing for relationships at that age. The only problem is that you're still discovering yourself and both our personalities changed to some extent. But let's be honest it is very unlikely that a relationship from that age will survive 5 years+. I wish you the best of luck however.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I had a girlfriend when I was 16 and it lasted almost 2 years which is a rare thing for relationships at that age. The only problem is that you're still discovering yourself and both our personalities changed to some extent. But let's be honest it is very unlikely that a relationship from that age will survive 5 years+. I wish you the best of luck however.

Thanks, we're still in the honeymoon phase
What relationships :frown:
Reply 9
Been with my girl since 16 now both 21
You’re not going to get married that’s guaranteed.
Original post by Sbucks
Been with my girl since 16 now both 21

Whoa! How often did you see each other when you were younger? And how did it not get boring?
Original post by Welshvisitor
You’re not going to get married that’s guaranteed.

ye lol probably not
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
Whoa! How often did you see each other when you were younger? And how did it not get boring?

Every day in year 11 and then every 2/3 days during sixth form and Uni and now both at work so 2/3 times a week. Never really got bored to be honest, I think it’s because we have almost the exact same personality/sense of humour
(edited 4 years ago)
About 10 months when I was that age.
I know a few people who are now in their late twenties who have been together since they were 13-14. Most relationships at that age last for a few weeks to months though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending