The Student Room Group

Me and boyfriend argue every week

I've been with my boyfriend for just over a year. In the beginning it was great, but 4 months in we started arguing every week... I see him once a week and we live one hour from each other. We argue over the silliest things and it is mostly because I'm quite sensitive and also my last relationship left me feeling quite fragile. He does so much for me and when we get on it's wonderful.

We both put it down to the fact that we miss each other so much in the time that we're apart. But it shouldn't be this way.
We want to work around this and be better. Breaking up is not an option as we know we're sticking together for life.

I'm not sure how we can resolve this... any suggestions please
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my boyfriend for just over a year. In the beginning it was great, but 4 months in we started arguing every week... I see him once a week and we live one hour from each other. We argue over the silliest things and it is mostly because I'm quite sensitive and also my last relationship left me feeling quite fragile. He does so much for me and when we get on it's wonderful.

We both put it down to the fact that we miss each other so much in the time that we're apart. But it shouldn't be this way.
We want to work around this and be better. Breaking up is not an option as we know we're sticking together for life.

Sounds really boring and draining.
Maybe make a list of things that make you argue and work out a way to discuss rather than argue plus avoid arguing situations. Doesnt sound like you will manage it though, you sound entrenched in it.
Original post by Anonymous

If you have started arguing everytime you see each other, you need to take a step back and figure out the reasons why. Perhaps have a talk with your boyfriend to see how he feels about the situation and look at finding a way to work together to solve these issues. If it is the distance that is causing a problem, could you meet up more regularly, or even meet up in the middle so you both aren't travelling so far. Keeping in touch via social media, video chat or phone may also help with missing each other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending