The Student Room Group

AMA about Islam, beliefs & point of views. Share YOURS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QE2
Allah could solve the problem by sending a new messenger to sort it out. Why do you think he doesn't do this? Why do you think he is content to watch them slaughter each other for centuries.

BTW, do you know which one Allah prefers?

A new messenger would mean to rewrite the whole Quran.
Idk which one Allah prefers:confused:
Original post by QE2
Is it ok for the man to lose his virginity before marriage, as long as it is done Islamically?

What is the position on divorcees and widows in a second marriage, who would be getting married after losing their virginity?

As for the first part there is no way to “islamically” lose virginity before marriage. It’s either after marriage or never

Don’t get your second one
Reply 62
Original post by username4936544
A new messenger would mean to rewrite the whole Quran.

No, it would just mean a new and improved Quran. You know, like how the Quran was a new and improved Bible.

Hmm, so you don't know if you have aligned yourself with the right or the wrong sect? That sounds pretty risky!
Reply 63
Original post by Anonymous__02
As for the first part there is no way to “islamically” lose virginity before marriage. It’s either after marriage or never
Yes there is.
For a man, he can have sex with his female captives or slaves.
For a woman, she can be a female slave or captive.
In both cases, lawful sex has taken place without either partner being married.

Woman gets married and loses virginity.
Husband divorces her.
She then remarries a man who is a virgin.
On their wedding night, he is a virgin but she is not.
(edited 4 years ago)
Why would you post this, knowing how many antis and trolls are on this site:colonhash:

You know, someone isn't a troll just because they disagree with Islam and debunk the illogical claims made by people such as yourself.

Why don't you ask him?
Original post by AIive
We acknowledge that it is not for us humans to take life without the permission of Allah

How does he give permission?
Original post by Amen4
The slaughterer must be a sane adult Muslim.

I can see an issue ..
Original post by Anonymous__02

Can Muslims never re-marry?
Original post by QE2
Allah could solve the problem by sending a new messenger to sort it out. Why do you think he doesn't do this? Why do you think he is content to watch them slaughter each other for centuries.

What on Earth is up with you? This guy seemingly innocently wants people to ask genuine questions about his religion but you're clearly here to be hostile. I remember messaging you from 5 years ago about a similar topic. How are you so obsessed with your hostility towards a religion that you have spent at least 6 years consistently posting your hostile messages on a site designed for students?
Original post by QE2
The instruction to grow a beard was to "be different from the pagans". As many pagans and disbelievers now wear beards, that meaning has become irrelevant.

the general command is to grow it
Reply 71
Original post by Butternuts96
What on Earth is up with you? This guy seemingly innocently wants people to ask genuine questions about his religion but you're clearly here to be hostile. I remember messaging you from 5 years ago about a similar topic. How are you so obsessed with your hostility towards a religion that you have spent at least 6 years consistently posting your hostile messages on a site designed for students?

Check the thread title. The OP is inviting people to share their views on Islam. You don't have to join in if you don't want to.
Reply 72
Original post by verycoolperson
the general command is to grow it

Yes, but my point is that the reason for that command is no longer valid.

Go into any bar or coffee shop and half the men under 30 are wearing beards (I have a pretty impressive one). Pretty much every biker wears a beard.
Consider Sikhs. They are viewed as pagans by Islam, but they all wear beards as a sign of their faith, so how is Muslims wearing beards differentiating them from pagans? In fact, people often confuse Muslims and Sikhs for that very reason, thus negating the purpose of wearing a beard.
It seems Allah did not forsee a time when pagans wearing beards was commonplace.
Original post by Leviathan1611
is halal meat basically meat that has been sacrificed to allah? like how some religions would sacrifice an animal to their god?

Original post by Leviathan1611
is halal meat basically meat that has been sacrificed to allah? like how some religions would sacrifice an animal to their god?

Yes you're right, like jew has kosher and many religions have different beliefs
Original post by QE2
Yes, but my point is that the reason for that command is no longer valid.

Go into any bar or coffee shop and half the men under 30 are wearing beards (I have a pretty impressive one). Pretty much every biker wears a beard.
Consider Sikhs. They are viewed as pagans by Islam, but they all wear beards as a sign of their faith, so how is Muslims wearing beards differentiating them from pagans? In fact, people often confuse Muslims and Sikhs for that very reason, thus negating the purpose of wearing a beard.
It seems Allah did not forsee a time when pagans wearing beards was commonplace.

nah thats not the entire reason for the command and its a general command with other reasons, plus the majority of polytheists still shave and if they dont then they grow their moustache as well as their beard a muslim who lets their beard grow and trims the moustache will still stand out
seems like ur speaking out of ignorance once again
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by verycoolperson
nah thats not the entire reason for the command and its a general command with other reasons,

What are the other reasons for the command to grow a beard then?

plus the majority of polytheists still shave and if they dont then they grow their moustache as well as their beard a muslim who lets their beard grow and trims the moustache will still stand out

So Muhammad/Allah commanded Muslim men to grow their beards so that they would look different to some pagans, but the same as others. That makes sense.

seems like ur speaking out of ignorance once again

You know a religionist is rattled, when they accuse you of "ignorance".
Why would you post this, knowing how many antis and trolls are on this site:colonhash:

i agree he is basically inviting hate
Reply 77
Original post by QE2
Does the name of Allah have to be said before stoning a woman to death for adultery (for example) in order to "emphasise the sanctity of life"?

short answer No long answer I think what you're trying to say is that saying the name of Allah an be contradictionary when it occurs with such actions you see as inhuman or unfair... or even meaningless. so in Islam, there is no verse that talks about stoning either men or women to death for committing adultery, there are other measures to be taken as punishment and those measures are taken in the case where adultery is proven by certain critiques Islam defined (the witnesses...) so I am not sure if I understand what you're trying to say.

Original post by QE2
There is a difference between individual Muslims' behaviour and the position of Islam.

"Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him;" - Sahih Bukhari

"This tradition will mention an incident to take place in the future related to a conflict between Muslims and Jews. It does not apply to all Jews at all times. Its contents reflect a situation of conflict. Prophet Muhammad’s statements regarding the Jews addresses those Jews deserving of censure at that certain time. It does not mean that he is censuring Jews simply because they are Jews" (I quoted this from a website bcz it explained the way I thought about it but much clearer.) He's talking about THESE jews like that because they deserve that bcz of their actions not their religion. Islam, even in QURAN has invited Muslim to respect christian and Jewish . this is similar to the Islams point of view on ISRAEL.... and Islamic point of view of Judaism in general. There's a difference it just happens that most of the time it's the Jews in that time who have caused injustice.

Original post by QE2
Is it ok for the man to lose his virginity before marriage, as long as it is done Islamically?

What is the position on divorcees and widows in a second marriage, who would be getting married after losing their virginity?

Premarital sex is not okay with islam for the reasons I stated before so its not okay for the man to lose his virginity before marriage, even if it is done Islamically.

Islams allows a second marriage bcz they lost their virginity under marriage so it was done in an organized way that Islam approves for .

Original post by QE2
The instruction to grow a beard was to "be different from the pagans". As many pagans and disbelievers now wear beards, that meaning has become irrelevant.

like I said before, I don't believe its compulsory to begin with as I don't see how it can bring a huge difference ESP in 2019 and it's not mentioned in Quran so it depends on your intentions at most cases

Original post by QE2
Halal meat is cut in the same way as non-halal meat - a deep incision to the neck causing death by exsanguination (rapid blood loss). It is only the ritual that is different.
Any mammal having its throat cut will feel pain due to the nerves in the region of the incision.

what you're trying to say If I'm not mistaken is that eating halal meat or non halal meat doesn't have any difference only with the rituals and spiritual acts which doesn't make sense to you or seem unuseful I mean when Islam defined halal meat, even if theres other meat that's being cut the same way it defined it that way so the ppl will have to stick to it therefore protect them from eating non halal meat that MAY be cut in a different way. can you please give me resources of research done by scientist that proven Islams way as painful. .as for the rituals even thought as a Muslim who follows Islam because it provides me with a wise lifestyle, answers for universes existence..... for logical reasons I mean there's also a part that's spiritual. I can understand that you would see that as insightful, funny... bcz you have never actually been in a religion or such act so it would be hard to believe or accept such a thing .and even those spritual parts arent 100% spritual

Original post by QE2

no sending a new messenger wouldn't sort it out. and it's quite unuseful and if such things happen it would be a huge contradiction with Islam. Allah brought Islam as the perfect religion by the meaning that it has all the rules and answers we will ever need its the last religion with the last messenger as it lasts from the moment it was brought to earth till the last day humanity will live on earth. It's not because the Quran had something missing that the Shias and Sunnis are fighting. It's their personal actions and understandings that brought them to this point God brought us here gave us instructions and an earth we could live in it for us to figure out & choose.. the rest. That doesn't mean god is just staring at us , he have his own way of helping us without changing our destiny from what our minds and human consciousness chose its in the same direction. If you believe in god Islam... then you certainly believe that sending another messenger is complete nonsense not only because of what I stated above, but also bcz its contradictory to the principles of Islam so god will keep sending new messengers new books each time humanity messes up then why did we even have the chance to mess up. If it was bcz Quran was missing something at least I might comprehend, but in general it's something against what we followers of this logic believe in. so I think that probably in order to comprehend this you would have to comprehend our logique ....
As for which one Allah prefers. from my understanding the shias can go extreme to the point of ctradicting Islam Principes I wouldn't use prefers, but in general the shias can go against what the Quran says
Original post by QE2
Many religions, especially the Abrahamic, preach religious supremacy. That is the antithesis of religious tolerance.

I agree that Islam believes that he is better than Christianity and Judaism and that's very logical because Allah who created both of those books wouldn't have created Islam if he didn't believe it was better. but just bcz it believes that it's better doesn't mean it doesn't tolerate other religions. it believes that ppl who refused to follow Islam even after Quran appeared... and changed the original script of the other two books are mistaken, but it acknowledges that we must live in peace with them accept their existence between us even if they are seen as wrong.... and this view that Islams adopt, some would see as contradiction bcz Islam believes he is better than other religions . but Islam has its reasons to take such position.
PS; Honestly, I can understand you asking these questions I have no problem to answer them as well, but it might be really really time wasting for you don't you think? you just keep spinning around.. you don't want to believe in religion and you keep searching for any excuse (proof) to not have to believe in a religion but also without being ignorant you just keep asking questions and you already don't want to be convinced with whatever answer there is. you clearly don't only have a problem with these little details you asked about on this thread your actual problem is with the whole idea of having a religion something between spiritualism & science something you see as unnecessary in todays world religion to you seems like something created by humans to console themselves.... these questions you might want to find answers for first and open up to the idea that you MIGHT find the answers you need, then you should totally ask such questions about this religion.... as there are ppl who ask questions and try to find answers just to console themselves about their religion there are ppl like you who can spend year years of research and learning yet they won't make any any difference because their way of understanding this information doesn't vary at all with the type of information.... I even remarked this while having an old conversation with you on another topic regarding Islam and you were always asking questions that didn't even developed the conversation
In order that your faith or unfaithfulness will be truthful you mustn't hold into your religion when in the inside of you you don't have reasons to do soand you shouldn't be extremely against the idea of religion otherwise it can be better to stop wasting your time and collecting huge amount of information you only learn so you don't have to get into a religion I'm not trying to say that you should always believe whatever you read or the absolute result should be getting into religion no just try to put an importance to that information & let that information play a role in the making of the decision of having or not having a religion other than the role you already want her to play. This CAN BE TOTALLY WRONG ITS MY OWN INTREPRETATION FROM THE THREADS YOU STARTED AND PREVIOUS COMMENTS
sorry for my english I tried my best
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 78
Original post by qaasim786
i agree he is basically inviting hate

I see where you're coming from I used to hate seeing threads like this they stressed me out bcz of the amount of hate they can contain and prefer never seeing them, but just bcz someone disagree with your religion doesn't mean you shouldn't hear him out or talk .you shouldn't close on your religion. sometimes they ask questions that are very reasonable and even I as a Muslim don't have the answer so I research for myself so maybe I could find something that convinces me.... what I'm trying to say that such threads can be very useful for Muslims and non Muslims, even if they wouldn't become Muslims it can solve misunderstandings. As long as I'm confident that my religion doesn't deserve this hate there's nothing I'm ashamed of or feel the need to hide . and honestly TSR doesnt have that much hate against Islam
Reply 79
Original post by Amen4
short answer No

Why not? Is an adulteresses life less sacred than a goats?

in Islam, there is no verse that talks about stoning either men or women to death for committing adultery,

You know an Islamic apologist is being evasive when they use the "ah, but it's not in the Quran" argument. We both know that stoning adulterers to death is in the sunnah, narrated in sahih and mutawatir hadith.

"This tradition will mention an incident to take place in the future related to a conflict between Muslims and Jews. It does not apply to all Jews at all times. Its contents reflect a situation of conflict. Prophet Muhammad’s statements regarding the Jews addresses those Jews deserving of censure at that certain time. It does not mean that he is censuring Jews simply because they are Jews" (I quoted this from a website bcz it explained the way I thought about it but much clearer.) He's talking about THESE jews like that because they deserve that bcz of their actions not their religion. Islam, even in QURAN has invited Muslim to respect christian and Jewish . this is similar to the Islams point of view on ISRAEL.... and Islamic point of view of Judaism in general. There's a difference it just happens that most of the time it's the Jews in that time who have caused injustice.

Regardless of the context, it is a clear incitement of violence and dislike against Jews. Why even mention it?

Premarital sex is not okay with islam for the reasons I stated before so its not okay for the man to lose his virginity before marriage, even if it is done Islamically.

You are wrong. A Muslim man who has female slaves or captives can have sex before he is married. It is specifically permitted in the Quran.

Islams allows a second marriage bcz they lost their virginity under marriage so it was done in an organized way that Islam approves for .

So Muslim women don't have to be virgins on their wedding day, as long as they have either been married before or they were the slave of a Muslim man.

like I said before, I don't believe its compulsory to begin with as I don't see how it can bring a huge difference ESP in 2019 and it's not mentioned in Quran so it depends on your intentions at most cases

If it is not compulsory, why do you think scholars claim that it is?

what you're trying to say If I'm not mistaken is that eating halal meat or non halal meat doesn't have any difference only with the rituals and spiritual acts which doesn't make sense to you or seem unuseful I mean when Islam defined halal meat, even if theres other meat that's being cut the same way it defined it that way so the ppl will have to stick to it therefore protect them from eating non halal meat that MAY be cut in a different way.

My point was merely that there is no practical difference between halal and haram meat. This was in response to those who claim there is something different in the physical quality of halal meant.

can you please give me resources of research done by scientist that proven Islams way as painful.

It's not just "Islam's way". It is any animal having its throat cut for any reason. Imagine you were going to be killed by having your throat cut. Would you rather have it done while you were fully awake, or while you were under general anaesthetic? Obviously the latter. So, why would it be any different for any other mammal?
https://www.rspca.org.uk/webContent/staticImages/Campaigns/Letter%20to%20Defra_Non-stun%20slaughter_010219.pdf
https://www.ciwf.org.uk/media/3818629/religious-slaughter-briefing.pdf
https://www.grandin.com/ritual/slaughter.without.stunning.causes.pain.html
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17972-animals-feel-the-pain-of-religious-slaughter/
http://www.livecorp.com.au/LC/files/98/98780c7e-2e95-4e45-98d9-74ff85c50281.pdf

as for the rituals even thought as a Muslim who follows Islam because it provides me with a wise lifestyle, answers for universes existence..... for logical reasons I mean there's also a part that's spiritual. I can understand that you would see that as insightful, funny... bcz you have never actually been in a religion or such act so it would be hard to believe or accept such a thing .and even those spritual parts arent 100% spritual

People get satisfaction, pleasure or comfort from all sorts of strange things. That's up to them. However, their hobby does not justify inflicting unnecessary suffering on animals.

no sending a new messenger wouldn't sort it out. and it's quite unuseful and if such things happen it would be a huge contradiction with Islam. Allah brought Islam as the perfect religion by the meaning that it has all the rules and answers we will ever need its the last religion with the last messenger as it lasts from the moment it was brought to earth till the last day humanity will live on earth.

This is just circular logic. Islam is clearly flawed because of the constant and almost universal disagreements over what the Quran really means, what Allah really wants, etc.
Simply saying that a new messenger wouldn't help because Islam says there can be no new messenger, and Islam is perfect just avoids addressing the obvious issues.

It's not because the Quran had something missing that the Shias and Sunnis are fighting.

I don't claim that there is, but one of the things the new messenger could do would be to resolve the conflict once and for all, with a revelation from Allah. No one could argue then.

That doesn't mean god is just staring at us , he have his own way of helping us without changing our destiny from what our minds and human consciousness chose its in the same direction.

So we determine our own fate, it is not decreed by Allah? Are you sure?

If you believe in god Islam... then you certainly believe that sending another messenger is complete nonsense not only because of what I stated above, but also bcz its contradictory to the principles of Islam so god will keep sending new messengers new books each time humanity messes up then why did we even have the chance to mess up.

You seem to be missing a part of Islamic ideology here. Allah did send many messengers and books before Muhammad and the Quran, but they were corrupted, ignored, didn't work, etc. So, as this version of Islam also clearly is not working perfectly, why not send another messenger to try and sort it out? It's not like Allah hasn't dome it before.

Do you think that
A) Allah can send another messenger, or
B) Allah cannot send another messenger?

in general the shias can go against what the Quran says

In what ways do Shias go against the Quran?

ppl who refused to follow Islam even after Quran appeared... and changed the original script of the other two books are mistaken,

In what way has the Bible been changed? What are the meaningful differences between the oldest existing Bible and the ones in use today?

but it acknowledges that we must live in peace with them

No it doesn't. There are references to fighting, not befriending, etc Christians and Jews throughout the Quran and sunnah.

You seem to have a very cherry-picked, sanitised view of Islam. That's fine and up to you, but you can't claim that the other stuff does not exist.

Quick Reply

Latest