The Student Room Group

'Don't want to do or say anything else that's going to be completely moronic'-Y12 GYG

Scroll to see replies

hope next week brings you better things!
hmm i've heard lots about halloumi fries..are they nice?
Original post by mez_merising
hope next week brings you better things!
hmm i've heard lots about halloumi fries..are they nice?

Halloumi fries are quite good.
Original post by jemima0103

Spoiler

So......UPDATE of how this week has been

I got my History Essay back for Tsarist and Communist Russia. I improved, and this time I got a D. It was quite annoying though because I was only one mark off a C. Maths is going alright. In pure, We've finished the first two chapters, and we did inequalities today and I feel quite confident on that topic. Quadratics was a bit difficult, so I'm going to spend a bit of time working on that. Geography seems to be going really good, and I'm quite enjoying it, however we did have to do a presentation on Tuesday, but I got really panicked so the person I was working with had to present it alone. I'm doing good on my finance course and I need to make sure I complete it by the end of October half term.
I visited my doctor on Wednesday, and we agreed that I should stay on my medicine if I'm still not feeling any better. I also got recommended a really good book by someone last week called 'Reasons To Stay Alive' by Matt Haig. It really helped me knowing that I'm not alone and that things are going to be up and down. I will try to talk to people more about how I'm feeling even if it might be difficult.

Twitter_20191002_190643.jpg20191002_185658.jpg
I really want to read the book too!:smile:
@RazzzBerries

@clouddbubbleses
@streetdude28
@BChemGee
@Year11student :smile:
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar

@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@Greywolftwo
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt

Saturday
Today, I've played with my three year old brother and we did some colouring.
I also studied a bit and got most of my homework done. I went over chapter 1 of pure maths to make sure I fully understood it.
For history, I then made notes and revised over some of the content we have covered recently. Trying really hard to stay positive at the moment.
Sunday
So I completed all my homework, and completed two maths assessments. They took me ages but I now feel much more confident with the Quadratics topic so hopefully it will be worth it. I also spent time this afternoon watching a documentary about North Korea for human Geography, which helps give an explanation behind why it is classed as a ''Switched-Off'' country. I did some more work on my CV and applied for a Christmas temp job. My anxiety level has been quite high this weekend, and I'm currently worrying that there's a spider in my room ( I tapped it with a newspaper about 3/4 hours ago and I haven't seen it since). Now I am on top of all my work it will give me more time for further reading and independent study. Other than that, I've mainly been watching Generation 2 of Skins, on Netflix.

@cloudbubbles
@streetdude28
@BChemGee
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@Greywolftwo
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
@LucyOr15
@mpaprika
@casabonita
(edited 4 years ago)
I'm glad you've got the quadratic topic now :smile:
Sorry about the anxiety :s-smilie:
Original post by Obolinda
I'm glad you've got the quadratic topic now :smile:
Sorry about the anxiety :s-smilie:

thanks xx.
We're doing inequalities now which I find a lot easier.
glad that you're feeling way more confident about quadratics :woo: :hugs:
Original post by jemima0103
Sunday
So I completed all my homework, and completed two maths assessments. They took me ages but I now feel much more confident with the Quadratics topic so hopefully it will be worth it. I also spent time this afternoon watching a documentary about North Korea for human Geography, which helps give an explanation behind why it is classed as a ''Switched-Off'' country. I did some more work on my CV and applied for a Christmas temp job. My anxiety level has been quite high this weekend, and I'm currently worrying that there's a spider in my room ( I tapped it with a newspaper about 3/4 hours ago and I haven't seen it since). Now I am on top of all my work it will give me more time for further reading and independent study. Other than that, I've mainly been watching Generation 2 of Skins, on Netflix.

@cloudbubbles
@streetdude28
@BChemGee
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@Greywolftwo
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
@LucyOr15
@mpaprika
@casabonita

Ever seen a picture of North Korea and South Korea at night? The contrast is staggering
Original post by Greywolftwo
Ever seen a picture of North Korea and South Korea at night? The contrast is staggering

There was one like that in the documentary. It's so strange seeing what a backwards country it is.
@cloudbubbles
@streetdude28
@BChemGee
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@Greywolftwo
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
@LucyOr15
@mpaprika
@casabonita

Maths
So today in Statistics, We were continuing with finding the median through linear interpolation. We also also looked at finding the inter-percentile range, and we got set some homework out of our practice books, which I completed as soon as a I got home. I also did some Independent study for pure, and looked over solving simultaneous equations through substitution, and writing inequalities in set notation.

Geography
We had a cover lesson today and the teacher made us all stay even though normally, we're allowed to take the work and and complete it on our own. I managed to make some really good notes though.
Thursday
So today hasn't rally been amazing. I got sent home this morning because I'm ill. I don't feel to bad right now but my head hurts a bit and I'm a bit achy. This means I missed geography this afternoon. I managed to complete maths though. We've been looking at cubic, quartic, and reciprocal graphs. We got set another essay this week in history so That will be my main task for this weekend. I am struggling a bit with independent study though. Maths is quite simple but in history and geography it's more difficult to know what to do. I finished unit 1 of my LIBF finance course though which means it's out of the way until after half term.
I've also decided to enter the NCH essay competition. I'm going to answer the history question. My essay will probably be rubbish but I thought I'd give it a go.

@RazzzBerries
@clouddbubbleses
@streetdude28
@BChemGee
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@Greywolftwo
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
Wow, I'm ill also so I just slept almost the entire day.
Original post by Satyr
Wow, I'm ill also so I just slept almost the entire day.

My sister was sent home yesterday because she was ill. I hoping I feel better because I have a full day if lessons on Friday and I don't want to fall behind
ooh i've just had a look at the nch essay comp and it looks really interesting! I might try and do the economics one :dance: Best of luck fo your history one!
Original post by laurawatt
ooh i've just had a look at the nch essay comp and it looks really interesting! I might try and do the economics one :dance: Best of luck fo your history one!

thanks. I was intersted in the John Locke one but the essay questions aren't released until December
Friday
SO glad that I decided to go in today. We covered quite a lot of content in both history lessons, and in maths we also covered quite a lot because it was a double lesson. We're also having a test on Tuesday in maths covering everything we've learnt so far, so it's good that I decided to go in otherwise I wouldn't have known about that. I was also happy that I got 19/20 on my history knowledge test this week, because I went in early this morning to revise for it.
In my maths test that we did the other week, I still haven't got the hang of completing the square. It's basically the only thing I can't do at the moment and it's so annoying. That will have to be my independent study task for maths this week.
I also am going to right my WOTR essay this weekend and type up some note, as well as revising for my maths test, even though I have already done some revision.

QOTD: How was everyone's week?

20191011_153634.jpg

IMG_20191010_191816_508.jpg

@cloudbubbles
@streetdude28
@BChemGee
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries