The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sohelpme

The road to Lincoln as taken by me was long, straight and fast. No farmers or toll bridges involved. It's the A46. The A15, the A58 and the A158 also lead to Lincoln.

"Dunham Bridge is a toll bridge across the River Trent in England. It spans the border between the administrative counties of Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire to the west and east respectively. It forms part of the A57 road, in the section between the Great North Road and Lincoln. It takes its name from the nearby village of Dunham-on-Trent."

It was a nice bridge, the toll was only supposed to be £0.40, but as I'd just flown in from EU, in a sterile rental car, I ended up paying €5
http://www.dunhambridge.co.uk/tolls.php

good luck to all you Medics!
Reply 21
What’s the intake for 2020 entry?
Original post by J31
What’s the intake for 2020 entry?

For A10L it is approximately 65. 15 for A18L.
Reply 23
Original post by LMSAssocDean
For A10L it is approximately 65. 15 for A18L.

Thanks for the quick reply. If you don’t mind me asking, how many applicants were there last year for the course? Also, do you score in the same way as Nottingham with the same thresholds?
Reply 24
Original post by J31
Thanks for the quick reply. If you don’t mind me asking, how many applicants were there last year for the course? Also, do you score in the same way as Nottingham with the same thresholds?

Score the same way. Apparently cut off was 33 for Lincoln and 46 for Nottingham to progress to PS assessment last year (this has gone this year), but that is a bit artificial as FOIs say Lincoln interviewed everybody who applied and met the minimum criteria with a B1, 2 or 3 SJT. A nearly 20% reduction in places, the med school becoming more well known and the fact they had a low cut off last year are all likely to push it up this year
Reply 25
Original post by GANFYD
Score the same way. Apparently cut off was 33 for Lincoln and 46 for Nottingham to progress to PS assessment last year (this has gone this year), but that is a bit artificial as FOIs say Lincoln interviewed everybody who applied and met the minimum criteria with a B1, 2 or 3 SJT. A nearly 20% reduction in places, the med school becoming more well known and the fact they had a low cut off last year are all likely to push it up this year

33 for Lincoln seems very low, but I guess this was mainly due to being its first year, as you said.
Reply 26
Original post by J31
33 for Lincoln seems very low, but I guess this was mainly due to being its first year, as you said.

Even that was artificial, everybody who met the requirements above was apparently interviewed, 33 just happened to be the score the lowest scoring person meeting requirements scored, there was nobody who was not interviewed who met minimum requirements according to FOIs
Reply 27
Original post by GANFYD
Even that was artificial, everybody who met the requirements above was apparently interviewed, 33 just happened to be the score the lowest scoring person meeting requirements scored, there was nobody who was not interviewed who met minimum requirements according to FOIs

Any idea of how many interviewed?
Original post by J31

Sorry I don’t have the figures for number of applicants as this is Nottingham data to which I do not have access. It was further complicated because of the initial round of applications followed by UCAS Extra followed by Clearing/Adjustment. I don’t think you can read anything into statistics for the first year that a programme is open but as GANFYD said, we were not able to be as selective as Nottingham.

We use the same scoring system as the Nottingham-based programmes but our candidates are only compared with the other Lincoln applicants.
Reply 29
Original post by J31
Any idea of how many interviewed?

Nope, but I know they were in Extra
Does anybody know when we’re likely to hear about interviews from Lincoln ?
I expect it will be a similar time frame as Nottingham but wondered if anybody has made contact with admissions to ask.
It’s very quiet on here.... who else applied?
i applied too! i wonder if more people did actually apply to Lincoln this year as this thread seems pretty dead
Original post by slimthicc
i applied too! i wonder if more people did actually apply to Lincoln this year as this thread seems pretty dead

Original post by Gemini50
It’s very quiet on here.... who else applied?

I've applied too, where else did you guys apply?
Original post by slimthicc

I have applied too, and yh this thread does seem really dead lol
Original post by Cuckcoo

I applied to university of Birmingham, Aston, Nottingham and Lincoln. What about you?
Also did anyone else apply to both Nottingham and Lincoln
Good to hear of other applicants. I applied to Lincoln, Liverpool , Plymouth and Kent.
Original post by Cuckcoo

i’ve applied to sheffield, UCL and oxford too!

Original post by Gemini50
Good to hear of other applicants. I applied to Lincoln, Liverpool , Plymouth and Kent.

definitely!! it doesn’t feel like i’m the only one haha
Original post by medicine02
I applied to university of Birmingham, Aston, Nottingham and Lincoln. What about you?
Also did anyone else apply to both Nottingham and Lincoln

I did!
I am actually more relaxed that it thread is dead, because it suggests less competition for places. Lincoln uses Nottinghams fantastic degree, I suprised it isn't as popular yet. We all are highly likely to be interviewed, all being well, offered a less competitive place to med school. :smile: At this point, I judt WANNA GO SOMEWHERE! Also, if we go to Lincoln, the year is like 80 places so we might all get to know eachother, like a little family. yay! I haven't had anything from Notts or Lincoln yet :/

Latest

Trending

Trending