The Student Room Group

University of Plymouth: How to Apply for Widening Access

Hiya,

I apply for the 3 minimum WA or contextual content for Widening Access conditions, however I am not sure how I would go about applying?

I am applying for Dentistry 2020 but do not see a form that I have to apply to.

Is this automatic and when do I apply? Do I email them? Should I do this after I send my UCAS application?

Thanks.

@universityofplymouth @PlymouthUniversity
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by AlwaysBroke.
Hiya,

I apply for the 3 minimum WA or contextual content for Widening Access conditions, however I am not sure how I would go about applying?

I am applying for Dentistry 2020 but do not see a form that I have to apply to.

Is this automatic and when do I apply? Do I email them? Should I do this after I send my UCAS application?

Thanks.

@universityofplymouth

Check on their website, if u still don’t understand call the uni :smile:
Apply in the usual way through UCAS. The university will be able to see from your postcode and school details if you are eligible for widening participation due to POLAR 4, IMD, low performing school or UCAT bursary.

If you get free school meals, you will need to a letter of proof from your school or college submitted at the point of application to [email protected]

Also, if you did the Peninsula Pathways programme (or another WP programme), get your referee to specify this in the UCAS reference.

https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bds-dental-surgery
Original post by 学生の父
Apply in the usual way through UCAS. The university will be able to see from your postcode and school details if you are eligible for widening participation due to POLAR 4, IMD, low performing school or UCAT bursary.

If you get free school meals, you will need to a letter of proof from your school or college submitted at the point of application to [email protected]

Also, if you did the Peninsula Pathways programme (or another WP programme), get your referee to specify this in the UCAS reference.

https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bds-dental-surgery

Thank you so much!

By the "point of application" does this right before I "pay and send" my UCAS application?

And lastly, Should I send the details via the meail I signed upto UCAS with or do my teachers send the email?
If Its me who needs to send the email, what other details should I include (for proof?) for e.g. my UCAS ID?

Thanks!
Thank you so much!

By the "point of application" does this right before I "pay and send" my UCAS application?

And lastly, Should I send the details via the meail I signed upto UCAS with or do my teachers send the email?
If Its me who needs to send the email, what other details should I include (for proof?) for e.g. my UCAS ID?

Thanks!

As soon as you get your UCAS ID (or at least within 24 hours), email that Plymouth address with a PDF of a letter on school letterhead proving your entitlement to FSM.

Make sure you include your UCAS ID in the email subject and body so that they can tie your FSM to your application.
Original post by 学生の父
As soon as you get your UCAS ID (or at least within 24 hours), email that Plymouth address with a PDF of a letter on school letterhead proving your entitlement to FSM.

Make sure you include your UCAS ID in the email subject and body so that they can tie your FSM to your application.

I assume UCAS ID is NOT to be confused with Personal ID given on the welcome page before 'Pay/Sending' the application.

And thank you for that I will!

Should I give provide evidence to any other circumstances such as household income as well or would these be included from the UCAT bursary which should automatically be sent to them?

Thanks for the help everyone I really do appreciate it. It can get confusing for a stressed soul like mines :/
Original post by 学生の父

Unfortunately I will be recieving my Free School Meals proof in 2 weeks time which is the past the UCAS deadline.

However, I do have a screen shot of my school network page which includes general details of me and clearly stateing that I am applicable to Free School Meals, however I'm not sure if Plymouth will Accept this?

Should I explain to them how I AM eligible for Free School Meals however my letter of proof was delayed and will be coming within the next two weeks?

Thanks!
Unfortunately I will be recieving my Free School Meals proof in 2 weeks time which is the past the UCAS deadline.

However, I do have a screen shot of my school network page which includes general details of me and clearly stateing that I am applicable to Free School Meals, however I'm not sure if Plymouth will Accept this?

Should I explain to them how I AM eligible for Free School Meals however my letter of proof was delayed and will be coming within the next two weeks?

Thanks!

Yes, send them the screen shot and tell them that the proof will come within a fortnight.
Original post by 学生の父
Yes, send them the screen shot and tell them that the proof will come within a fortnight.

Thank you for being so responsive man! I would rep you more if I could!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending