The Student Room Group

Which social media do you personally find is toxic?

I think my personal instagram is toxic out of all.

Scroll to see replies

Snapchat ...followed by Instagram

Facebook is ok as long as you dont get carried away accepting friends from anyone that requests it ...stick to family and genuine friends.
Reply 2
Original post by Discrepancy
I think my personal instagram is toxic out of all.

Snapchat as it’s very exclusive, people take random pictures of themselves, weird map location things which is a risk for paedophilia, and people are generally, rude, swear, and share inappropriate pictures.
Instagram can be helpful if you use it correctly, following people with positive posts or for businesses.

but hydrogen cyanide is the most toxic.
Instagram above all.
Instagram - so much that I had to delete it because my confidence and mental health deteriorated so much. Now I’m so much happier and confident. I highly recommend if you’re feeling down when you go on insta :smile:
Everything is toxic in various amounts. I found instagram fairly toxic followed by snapchat (deleted them both now though).
Original post by Chronoscope
Everything is toxic in various amounts. I found instagram fairly toxic followed by snapchat (deleted them both now though).

It feels good doesn’t it😎
Original post by shanelizard
Instagram - so much that I had to delete it because my confidence and mental health deteriorated so much. Now I’m so much happier and confident. I highly recommend if you’re feeling down when you go on insta :smile:

Instagram was the worst, I don't even know why. It was everyone just posting pictures of themselves going out. I would just fast click all the snaps so it never bothered me that much.
Reddit and Facebook, I avoid both like the plague.
My toy animals have a lot of fun on instagram. :biggrin:
Reply 9
Instagram.
Original post by londonmyst

With Reddit it is 50/50. Some attack like crazy and down votes start to happen. Other times they agree so ah well.
Instagram, seems like is for people who like to take pictures of food or pictures of themselves

Reddits not bad?
Original post by DeseanDwyer
Reddits not bad?

Lmao, I literally get attacked for my opinion.
Original post by Discrepancy
Lmao, I literally get attacked for my opinion.

I don't comment, I'm subbed to Personal Finance and Ask Men. I use it most of the time to find out something new or have a laugh.
Original post by shanelizard
It feels good doesn’t it😎

Yup :yes: (barely had anyone on there to begin with but it felt good to get rid). I mostly just use TSR, reddit, and facebook messenger, and twitter (just for news) now.
None. Social media itself isn't toxic, it's the people.

But honestly I've learnt to moderate my use of social media. I think anything is toxic when you spend too much time on it.
Original post by DeseanDwyer
Reddits not bad?

No, it's terrible! :biggrin:
Brimming with vicious people and all manner of perverts.
Toxic male feminists, toxic manosphere creeps, toxic neo-nazis, toxic religious fanatics and toxic rape gloaters.
No, it's terrible! :biggrin:
Brimming with vicious people and all manner of perverts.
Toxic male feminists, toxic manosphere creeps, toxic neo-nazis, toxic religious fanatics and toxic rape gloaters.

Totally agree.
Original post by dyingstudent101
None. Social media itself isn't toxic, it's the people.

But honestly I've learnt to moderate my use of social media. I think anything is toxic when you spend too much time on it.

Was going to say the same thing. Social media isn’t toxic, people are toxic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending